or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 642  

post #9616 of 11259

Yeah that endorsement, man...

 

Simon? Come on, Sony... Simon?

 

post #9617 of 11259
Remember, I need basshead cans, v-shape response cans, and a pair of flat response studio cans. I want opinions on different headphones, since I'm pretty sure a basshead knows how to pick out sound signature pretty well.
post #9618 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

Yeah, it makes me a bit sad to see people with great -- perhaps greater authority than they really should have -- authority on the forums, saying they sound "boring" and whatnot. I mean, they're definitely not flawless -- they have their flaws and they can only take you "so far". However, for the money, I find them good and quite excellent as your first foray into a more higher-end sound in headphones.

 

That being said, I do think they have been over-recommended as well. People recommending them to left and right with no respect to what people actually want from a headphone (or their stance on sound "enhancing" such as EQ:ing, etc.) and that's when it's almost guaranteed that they will upset and disappoint some people.

 

Some people just just aren't EQ-friendly and while I am, I can understand them wanting something very different in that situation.

 

Well, I have the XB 910's and I love them for bassheavy music genres (trap, hiphop, etc.). I don't know for sure that they are the same as X10's though. I'd love some explanation from Sony:

 

Is the XB800 the same as the XB900 as the XB910 as the XB920 as the X10? 

 

I just read the most incredible hypetrain to epic derailment thread ever. 

 

I told everybody about my Ultrasone 1k fail. i went to the shop today because I got "credit":mad:

It was the Yamaha 500 or  New Beats Pro.

 

#1 Yamaha is big and TRON /Blade Runner /meets Stanley Kubrick prop. But it thumps...massive thumpagy.

#2 The Beat Pro have tuned themselves into standard though elevated bass response territory. I own ones from a few years ago and these ones today were not the same. They thump but they have listened to the industry and made some tweaks. The Studios did that I knew but the Pro's have followed suit. That was their game...terrible miss judge by them. Make a mint....wanna go legit and change yourself. 

 

#3 I see a well worn set of JVC and they looked like sony/onkyo but big..real big. The guy has no qualms about me amping the set...infact he tried to sell me the display ones...only ones he has. No...nope. I'll wait 2 days. The ONLY cans that have responded to my extreme slope turn out to be another set of JVC??

 

These were throbbing so much i turned them down....suuuuuurpise:blink:

I have never heard of these? I listen to Hip Hop and extreme sub depth is my thing and nobody mentioned these??

 

I highlighted your sentence because a beloved senior basshead member didn't see these the way I heard them. I am SO glad I didn't read that thread before going out today. The thread died about when he gave his respected impressions. To his credit he usually prefaces his comments with "to my ears" and such so he's not trying to influence anyone but I saw it devolve all around him. This site and it's members comments are taken way too seriously. These cans were insane in eq response. They have gobs of low end. They are going to get reviewed by me with Hip Hop songs.

 

I hear cans like m50 and 580 and dt770 mentioned as bass cannons...o.k. sure...I listened to cans today next to Yamaha 500's and they slammed deeper. ( i didn't amp the Yamaha because I wasn't allowed but they are like other bass cans with a circuit ala Beats,Souls,Streets  etc...that's my impression anyway.

 

I wanna have cans that make me take them off because I cannot handle the bass not because they cannot handle the bass.I found a pair today ...a rare find. 

 

This site kinda killed em before they had a chance......call me the Bass Whisperer...I'm gonna talk to these things;) 

post #9619 of 11259
Is a pair of unused sennheiser HD 598's a good deal at 100$ or should I keep looking?
post #9620 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

Is a pair of unused sennheiser HD 598's a good deal at 100$ or should I keep looking?

What kind of music do you listen to?

 

EDIT....Holy crap i could at least look at your name.....my bad.

 

You like low end? Big bass? 

 

Don't impulse buy bro....I just blew a wad on a set of cans based on hype/loss of self control...yada yada...I don't know if those are good for what you listen too. If they don't match your taste then any price is too much because you'll end up holding them thinking....wtf did I do??


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 3/5/14 at 7:42am
post #9621 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Not to my ears. Not close. In response to Sig DJ's having as much bass as TH900's.

 

So you feel more impact with the TH900? I find the Sig DJ's bass to be nicely extended and textured but didn't have that slam that I like so much with the Pro 900s(which was a slight disappointment as I thought they would be a total upgrade). Scorpion667 seems to think it is also fuller...I might have to start saving up soon because the Fostex is becoming harder to resist.

post #9622 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Not to my ears. Not close. In response to Sig DJ's having as much bass as TH900's.

@Oregonian

Cool..I'm not crazy then. I didn't think it was close. That means were soul brothers....you'd wanna will those cans  to your soul brother.

Go Ducks!! Chip is coaching my Eagles...were almost related...GIMMIE THOSE!!!! :beerchug:

post #9623 of 11259
I listen to all types of music, excluding modern country and American pop music. Other than that, EVERYTHING. My username is just my artist name on soundcloud and my YouTube channel. I produce EDM and other types of electronic music, mainly dubstep though. Me and my friend just released our fifth song. I've been having to tune the 55's by ear, but even though I got it pretty close to even, they still aren't 100% perfect, especially since highs are fairly scratchy compared to sennheisers. I want to hear what is actually down in my song, and what I could add. I listen to quite a bit of 40's big band music, orchestra, dubstep, 70-80's American/British rock and pop, J-Pop, and much more. I'm fairly certain that the sennheisers would fill my need for at least two of the categories. The sennheiser HD 598's are 250-300$ brand new apparently, and the 100$ pair i'm getting are still in the box!!! smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by DisCHORDDubstep - 3/5/14 at 8:20am
post #9624 of 11259

Dubstep and American pop music are pretty much the same thing...fortunately...lol

post #9625 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
 

Dubstep and American pop music are pretty much the same thing...fortunately...lol

 

Pop music is currently borrowing elements from Dubstep, though I'd say it's more of a bastardization to market a sound because "it's what the kids are listening to". EDM will likely remain in the underground as with most tracks its elements aren't distilled enough to hold the majority of radio listeners' short attention spans.

post #9626 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonik View Post
 

 

Pop music is currently borrowing elements from Dubstep, though I'd say it's more of a bastardization to market a sound because "it's what the kids are listening to". EDM will likely remain in the underground as with most tracks its elements aren't distilled enough to hold the majority of radio listeners' short attention spans.

I would say it goes equally both ways, if not even more Dubstep borrowing from Pop. It's definitely a bastardization of music in general. Dubstep is not House Music...that's for sure. 

post #9627 of 11259
... WHAT DUBSTEP HAVE YOU BEEN LISTENING TO???... Look up Omnitica or moxix on soundcloud. You have no idea what dubstep sounds like, do you. Its mainly instrumental, very few words, and they aren't based on sex, drugs, or sappy relationship problems. Therefore, it must rely on heavily conceived melodies, cleverly and awesomely twisted. American pop music also has a very different tone and feel. Dubstep is nothing at all like pop music, except for the fact that both are made on computers. Skrillex is an okay artist for newcomers to dubstep, because he combines American pop music with dubstep, making it familiar, yet different. Believe me. Good dubstep sounds NOTHING like pop music. I was utterly astounded at how a basshead knew nothing about the mother of all bass genres. Wow... Another good thing to listen to is Monstercat. Look it up on soundcloud or YouTube. All good music spanning across different electronic genres... None of them pop music. Dubstep mainly uses bass and sub bass to create melodies.
post #9628 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

... WHAT DUBSTEP HAVE YOU BEEN LISTENING TO???... Look up Omnitica or moxix on soundcloud. You have no idea what dubstep sounds like, do you. Its mainly instrumental, very few words, and they aren't based on sex, drugs, or sappy relationship problems. Therefore, it must rely on heavily conceived melodies, cleverly and awesomely twisted. American pop music also has a very different tone and feel. Dubstep is nothing at all like pop music, except for the fact that both are made on computers. Skrillex is an okay artist for newcomers to dubstep, because he combines American pop music with dubstep, making it familiar, yet different. Believe me. Good dubstep sounds NOTHING like pop music. I was utterly astounded at how a basshead knew nothing about the mother of all bass genres. Wow... Another good thing to listen to is Monstercat. Look it up on soundcloud or YouTube. All good music spanning across different electronic genres... None of them pop music. Dubstep mainly uses bass and sub bass to create melodies.

I love monstercat biggrin.gif
But i love most types of dubstep, even melodic like blackmill.

Blossom by au5 is what i usually show to dubstep newcomers.
post #9629 of 11259
I'd say Drum and Bass is the king of all bass genres. Crazy hard hitting bass for darker Neurofunk, but clean distortion free sub bass for Liquid.
post #9630 of 11259
The signature djs not even close to the amount of bass of the th900?

Now thats a surprise ._.

I think that might even be too much bass for me O.o
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked