or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 636  

post #9526 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

my view into the 1k + headphone world is done.

 

After trying one dynamic driver can you didn't like?

post #9527 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

After trying one dynamic driver can you didn't like?

 

I respect you. I see the list of cans in your profile have seen your comments in other threads.

Folks scoff at 100 cans being Bass supreme (77)  but love 120 cans (Q40)....I owned those ever so briefly.

I think over the 600 range your getting into "feel good" hobby territory. I held and tuned 1000 dollar cans that couldn't handle what 100 dollar cans do.  That's reality.

I've dropped 2000 bucks on a variety of cans in a month. Diminished returns is a gross understatement.

 

I listen on the go with an around the neck setup amped up in the lower freq. I am unique ....I need to listen on the go mostly because I am so busy so my "portable" rig is really really portable. 

 

They must not have me in mind when making these big money cans??

 

To each his/her own. 

 

I'm not hating unless a random person claims XB or COPS are not muddy.........(that price range folks are expecting ____)

If you pay 6,7,8,9 1000 for cans I think your set on the bank side and can indulge to your hearts content. Recommending those to Joe P consumer though seems unfair as that's really opinion. The diminishing returns factor.

 

Do you have a 1k set of head stompers in mind:D

post #9528 of 11259

Yeah, I don't think there are true basshead cans in the top end market...although their are plenty of treble head cans up there.  I think there is a lot of hypocrisy going on in summit-fi, where an exaggeration in one end of the spectrum is 'cultured' and the thought of a can with an exaggeration of the other end of the spectrum would pose a risk to the (in)security of these 'sophisticated' people.

 

So worried that bass will bleed into the midrange and as if their treble cans don't already bleed into the midrange.

 

******* ******** really.


Edited by SP Wild - 3/3/14 at 9:07pm
post #9529 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

Yeah, I don't think there are true basshead cans in the top end market...although their are plenty of treble head cans up there.  I think there is a lot of hypocrisy going on in summit-fi, where an exaggeration in one end of the spectrum is 'cultured' and the thought of a can with an exaggeration of the other end of the spectrum would pose a risk to the (in)security of these 'sophisticated' people.

 

So worried that bass will bleed into the midrange and as if their treble cans don't already bleed into the midrange.

 

******* ******** really.

 

**says a prayer to God**

 

Thank you. Not sure why i'm thanking you besides making a ton of sense, being a Supremus and making tons of sense.

 

 

@White Lotus

I had a big fight with the lady because I bitched about her buying 600 buck shoes then buying a bag and dress to match the shoes....that she wears once.

 

She took the open shot on me

 

"I never return my shoes after 2 hours and lose 30% of my money for no clear reason...what kind of hobby is THAT??"

 

I had nothing to say ...


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 3/3/14 at 9:14pm
post #9530 of 11259

I actually agree with you about driver size. The more surface area you have pumping around, the more air it will shift, and you'll have SPL coming out the ears. It's a great thing.

 

You're correct - you don't need to spend large amounts for headphones that have large drivers. Those 77s you mentioned are definitely on my radar, they seem great. Can't wait to try them.

 

The AKAI ones as well! 

 

FWIW it's more than just "feel good" at the higher price ranges. The LCD2.2 have 6.17 square inches of driver in each ear. When eqing, dreams are made.

 

I got my D5000s for less than $400 AUD - before they were discontinued at the price skyrocketed.

 

I think you would really like Digizoid products. And also maybe having a vibrating can in your collection could be an interesting experience for you. Some of them are incredibly accurate and interesting. I have a pair, I secretly love them. First time I've admitted that on Head-fi :tongue: 

post #9531 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

 

**says a prayer to God**

 

Thank you. Not sure why i'm thanking you besides making a ton of sense, being a Supremus and making tons of sense.

 

 

@White Lotus

I had a big fight with the lady because I bitched about her buying 600 buck shoes then buying a bag and dress to match the shoes....that she wears once.

 

She took the open shot on me

 

"I never return my shoes after 2 hours and lose 30% of my money for no clear reason...what kind of hobby is THAT??"

 

I had nothing to say ...

 

Lolz.  You should know better than that...her money is her money, the shared account is shared by her and your money monitored via the financial controller...heheh.

 

I am starting to understand why people with hearing loss do not see eye to eye with people who have very sharp high frequency hearing...e.g. young people.  I myself find my D7000s too bassy even though technically they are neutral  I simply put that down to me having a degree of high frequency loss...which subjectively boosts bass.  I think some people really hear what they hear but have no power of empathy to ask what if?  Sophistry does not want to know about empathising with us 'lowly' types.

 

Ha...then they blame bass for making young people deaf...when perhaps you need this to counter your keen senses of treble detection.  Its funny because it is a well known scientific fact that our hearing system is way more resistive to low frequency hearing damage, high frequency has far more energy and is far more dangerous.

 

And as if all young people are that stupid that they all can't 'sense' the discomfort when enough is enough and it is time to lower the volume.

 

Freaking how smart can these assumptions possibly be by these 'intelligent' and 'sophisticated' people.

 

:cool:

post #9532 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

I actually agree with you about driver size. The more surface area you have pumping around, the more air it will shift, and you'll have SPL coming out the ears. It's a great thing.

 

You're correct - you don't need to spend large amounts for headphones that have large drivers. Those 77s you mentioned are definitely on my radar, they seem great. Can't wait to try them.

 

The AKAI ones as well! 

 

FWIW it's more than just "feel good" at the higher price ranges. The LCD2.2 have 6.17 square inches of driver in each ear. When eqing, dreams are made.

 

I got my D5000s for less than $400 AUD - before they were discontinued at the price skyrocketed.

 

I think you would really like Digizoid products. And also maybe having a vibrating can in your collection could be an interesting experience for you. Some of them are incredibly accurate and interesting. I have a pair, I secretly love them. First time I've admitted that on Head-fi :tongue: 

 

Hey, you know what, you can just get a good bass top-end can and apply EQ and get even more high quality bass, and if you know which areas of the bass frequency to shape, you can shape the bass type anyway you want!

post #9533 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

 

Hey, you know what, you can just get a good bass top-end can and apply EQ and get even more high quality bass, and if you know which areas of the bass frequency to shape, you can shape the bass type anyway you want!

 

Even the HD600s respond well to clever EQing!

post #9534 of 11259
Well dang. Our ears are different then, my friend. The djs have much less treble than the hfi 580s and the pros have even less than that. Maybe you have a problem with the slogic, or getting a good seal? Idk, but i cant imagine the signature dj being known as a can with sharp treble. And im 16, i still have my hearing xD
post #9535 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

I actually agree with you about driver size. The more surface area you have pumping around, the more air it will shift, and you'll have SPL coming out the ears. It's a great thing.

 

You're correct - you don't need to spend large amounts for headphones that have large drivers. Those 77s you mentioned are definitely on my radar, they seem great. Can't wait to try them.

 

The AKAI ones as well! 

 

FWIW it's more than just "feel good" at the higher price ranges. The LCD2.2 have 6.17 square inches of driver in each ear. When eqing, dreams are made.

 

I got my D5000s for less than $400 AUD - before they were discontinued at the price skyrocketed.

 

I think you would really like Digizoid products. And also maybe having a vibrating can in your collection could be an interesting experience for you. Some of them are incredibly accurate and interesting. I have a pair, I secretly love them. First time I've admitted that on Head-fi :tongue: 

 

If you like SPL and vibrating you'll love the 77. The AKAI need a V eq but they are stunningly gorgeous in hand. They blow me away...just gorgeous and play anything. I listened to Tchiakovsky last night for the first time in my life on headphones....wow...WOW!!

 

I am familiar with the rex driver. For the price I might grab them just to round out the collection;)

 

Then you go on to recommend another 1k pair....and I'm researching them right now.......your the Basshead dope man

 

Hey...kid...try this one...you'll like this one:evil:

post #9536 of 11259
I got it. Does your bass boost increase the treble as well? If so, maybe you need to look for cans with a LACK of treble and a boost in bass, or if anything flat treble with a boost in bass.

Like the q40s. :3
post #9537 of 11259

could be the S-Logic and for the record I called the Hfi 580 a shrilly nightmare and used the word horrible multiple times. Head clamp/vice...that just adds to the misery.   I am hating now so I'll stop but the Signature pro were much better than the 580 and priced as such.....I really think the S-logic might be part of it?

 

Anyway Ultrasone is......well.....today is warmer than I expected. I think I may BBQ this weekend:wink:

post #9538 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

I got it. Does your bass boost increase the treble as well? If so, maybe you need to look for cans with a LACK of treble and a boost in bass, or if anything flat treble with a boost in bass.

Like the q40s. :3

For the 77's no. The 5 band is flat.

 

For others I try this then a raised low end   * /\_____*          For cans tuned but not enough for me

 

Finally a  *"V"* for cans I cannot figure out.    Most sub friendly cans tune up the highs like the 77 so you can at least hear them over the roar of bass. So i only touch the highs if my cans are not bass tuned in any way.

post #9539 of 11259

Do you need to upgrade from the 77? They seem perfect for you..

post #9540 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Do you need to upgrade from the 77? They seem perfect for you..

Being 100% real I don't think it's safe to go further and I used to compete is SPL contests. This is the edge of safety. So no. I'm done hunting bass. 

The Akai are leaning on Cowons MACH3BASS for good bass but they are more Hi-Fi than anything i have touched. I could return them easy because I am the first 20 sold and they gave us a no questions asked return if we filled out a thorough questionaire. Nah...I'm loving the range and quality. If you like mids and Jazz ala Etta James? You'll love these. 

 

I'll never let these go and they are being trained to give bass without interfering with mids. This is good fun....I'm listening to them right now.

 

I wanna address what you said before.

 

I think absolutely drivers at or above 50mm are superior to 40/45....i hear it again and again and it makes total sense. I think tuned cups via resarched cup to driver to vent hole is the next step. Bigger and breathable. Seems to be the same thing as Car subs. The lowest hits are bigger port tuned drivers. 

 

Please get the "New Version" 77's. Please. Trust me. You want these in your arsenal. You cannot go wrong for the price and you know how to tune....these will pound your skull. POUND>>>>YOUR>>>>SKULL


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 3/3/14 at 10:23pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked