New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 611  

post #9151 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annokill View Post

I actually mailed them if they could deliver to my country, they said they couldn't

I'm actually planning to buy the Beyerdynamic pro 80 or 250 ohms...

With the E11, Any advice?

If you're BassHead, you want the DT770 80 ohm.
post #9152 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post


If you're BassHead, you want the DT770 80 ohm.

 

I love that can so much. Can't recommend it more.

post #9153 of 11259

Returned my DT770 Pro/80 after 1 week of use, not my kind of can... it's a great can if you want lots of subbass though but it was very singlenote rumbly subbass kind of output which doesn't work well with Hardstyle like annokill is looking for. There are also bassheads which prefer punchy impactul bass, not so much rumble, then DT770 Pro won't cut it as it's more "wroooom" than "boooom" so to speak.

Example:



The beats in Hardstyle is fast, punchy with mids & highs mixed into the beats to give the bass a character. You want a balanced mid & subbass presence peaking roughly around 80Hz to give nice punch and DT770 Pro is too much skewed towards subbass leading to a soft impact (you miss out on the pounding sensation).


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/17/14 at 3:22am
post #9154 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annokill View Post

I actually mailed them if they could deliver to my country, they said they couldn't

I'm actually planning to buy the Beyerdynamic pro 80 or 250 ohms...

With the E11, Any advice?

Also a great option.
Anyway something to keep in mind is that the 250ohm model has less bass than the 80ohm.
post #9155 of 11259

 

Newest member of the fam.

The Yamaha 500 Series almost made me switch but it doesn't hit as hard as the MR77x . Hits harder than the VModa 100  (Yamaha Pro 500) but less than the 77's So the hunt for "Sudden Impact" ended when I thought it had just begun. The MR55 which is the 77's little brother is a little smaller 50mm v.s. 57mm but it is light years away. J.V.C is a truly confusing company. They have the loudest bass cans...and nobody knows it.  So the "loudest bass" checkbox is checked.  The Ultrasones took aim at the others in my sig. DT770 which is deep like my 77's but not as much pure boom so they have less Bump than the JVC but better sound overall...but less so than the 580 which needs to be toned down. The 770 got caught between a need fullfilled and a need it seemed to me it couldn't fullfill. I understand all the love but it didn't fit.. The ath m50 are great but they do nothing outstanding except be worth every penny (that's a big something). The bass hit is not as deep as the 580's (with my settings) so they were out.The Onkyo HF 500...they intrigued me. Great bass. good overall sound and priced right. The real stress came with the AKG 545's which I just recently heard and they are very similar to the 580's but my ear touched the inside of the cup in an uncomfortable way so ..I'm not having that.

 

 

 

 

 

Dear J.V.C,

Please discontinue the 55's. The 77's hit MUCH harder and have too much high end (eq to the rescue)...the 55's have no high end , too similar a bass hit to Beats pro and Vmoda 100 to make anyone choose it despite/because of the price. The entry model is supposed to make folks want more not less. Stop shooting self in foot. 77's are Basshead heaven. Get a clue.

 

Signed,

Basshead.

 

The one in the middle..needs to be retired....by the company

 

 

Look ma...no braids!!! :biggrin:

(The ones I tested had the long chord and I had the braiding video bookmarked...thank God that is not an issue)

 

 

 

 

I will try the Q40 as it's been spoken highly of.  Until then I switch between these 2.

 

 

Next target is maybe an X5 player but I'm kinda hooked on cowons effects.

post #9156 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

Returned my DT770 Pro/80 after 1 week of use, not my kind of can... it's a great can if you want lots of subbass though but it was very singlenote rumbly subbass kind of output which doesn't work well with Hardstyle like annokill is looking for. There are also bassheads which prefer punchy impactul bass, not so much rumble, then DT770 Pro won't cut it as it's more "wroooom" than "boooom" so to speak.


Example:






The beats in Hardstyle is fast, punchy with mids & highs mixed into the beats to give the bass a character. You want a balanced mid & subbass presence peaking roughly around 80Hz to give nice punch and DT770 Pro is too much skewed towards subbass leading to a soft impact (you miss out on the pounding sensation).

You are spot on man! But still, if i cant order the Q40's, what headphone would you suggest?

I am thinking of buying the E11 with it...

Thanks a lot for your effort
post #9157 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

Newest member of the fam.

The Yamaha 500 Series almost made me switch but it doesn't hit as hard as the MR77x . Hits harder than the VModa 100  (Yamaha Pro 500) but less than the 77's So the hunt for "Sudden Impact" ended when I thought it had just begun. The MR55 which is the 77's little brother is a little smaller 50mm v.s. 57mm but it is light years away. J.V.C is a truly confusing company. They have the loudest bass cans...and nobody knows it.  So the "loudest bass" checkbox is checked.  The Ultrasones took aim at the others in my sig. DT770 which is deep like my 77's but not as much pure boom so they have less Bump than the JVC but better sound overall...but less so than the 580 which needs to be toned down. The 770 got caught between a need fullfilled and a need it seemed to me it couldn't fullfill. I understand all the love but it didn't fit.. The ath m50 are great but they do nothing outstanding except be worth every penny (that's a big something). The bass hit is not as deep as the 580's (with my settings) so they were out.The Onkyo HF 500...they intrigued me. Great bass. good overall sound and priced right. The real stress came with the AKG 545's which I just recently heard and they are very similar to the 580's but my ear touched the inside of the cup in an uncomfortable way so ..I'm not having that.

 

 

 

You keep mentioning the Onkyo's but... do they even exist?

Google turns up nothing... ...

post #9158 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annokill View Post

You are spot on man! But still, if i cant order the Q40's, what headphone would you suggest?

I am thinking of buying the E11 with it...

Thanks a lot for your effort

DT990 Pro might suit you, if you don't mind open cans. Also the E11 is good with them, I use one with my Nexus 4. They have quite good bass, maybe not as much quantity as the 770s but still very impactful and probably more clear and accurate(I personally haven't heard the 770s).
post #9159 of 11259

Custom One Pros here - they've been in repair because left speaker blew but man are they good headphones. My idea of basshead headphones. Great treble, mids are, well they're okay but bass is more than plentiful. Ridiculous amount of bass. Head pounding. 

 

I want to customise it, but because there aren't any UK retailers selling the stuff for it (except Polar Audio, but their selection is limited) I can't warrant paying shipping costs for it :(

 

Looking for some portable versions of these - any ideas? 

post #9160 of 11259

I do not get how the beyers are always recommended for bassheads... the bass compared to the rest of the FR is good in quantity but I havent heard one that is solid or with really good impact. THe closest was the dt770 but still there are a lot better imo. 

post #9161 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

I do not get how the beyers are always recommended for bassheads... the bass compared to the rest of the FR is good in quantity but I havent heard one that is solid or with really good impact. THe closest was the dt770 but still there are a lot better imo. 

 

COPs are on a different level. You need to hear them to see the difference compared to DT770 etc

post #9162 of 11259

Yea COPs are almost like an inversion of typical Beyer sound. Big pounding bass with lots of midbass presence (typical Beyer phone is subbass skewed) and the highs are slightly veiled (Beyers tend to have a bit emphasized highs). "\" shape sound with not ideal clarity in the mids but in comparison to the 770 they are more forward/up-front. Overall a bit too warmish in order to maintain a true hi-fi sound, microdetails get caught up a little in the warmth but yea very unusual sound for a Beyer headphone. If you don't like a lot of highs presence and enjoy boosted bass and reasonably forward mids then COPs are for you. Of course can be EQ'd though, but that's the stock signature.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/17/14 at 12:53pm
post #9163 of 11259
I suppose it comes down to taste. For lighter EDM genres or other types, maybe subbass is better, for Electro House, Dubstep, DnB etc midbass is king. Then again, its all preference. Some people prefer more quality over quantity which is why I like DT990 Pro over XB1000.
post #9164 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRockliffe View Post
 

 

COPs are on a different level. You need to hear them to see the difference compared to DT770 etc

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
 

Yea COPs are almost like an inversion of typical Beyer sound. Big pounding bass with lots of midbass presence (typical Beyer phone is subbass skewed) and the highs are slightly veiled (Beyers tend to have a bit emphasized highs). "\" shape sound with not ideal clarity in the mids but in comparison to the 770 they are more forward/up-front. Overall a bit too warmish in order to maintain a true hi-fi sound, microdetails get caught up a little in the warmth but yea very unusual sound for a Beyer headphone. If you don't like a lot of highs presence and enjoy boosted bass and reasonably forward mids then COPs are for you. Of course can be EQ'd though, but that's the stock signature.

No offense guys but that was literally second worse audio purchasing experience ever second only to the sony v6...  I wanted to like that hp sooo much. I actually still want to like it and might even buy it again ot hear it with my more experience on my side. 

 

It was like my second serious headphone and I bought after my hdj 2000 got stolen at the airport. Before those I only had the V6 and then cheapy skull candy's and a broken sony xb300. When I got it tt made me miss my hdj 2000 that much more. I found the bass to be very loose and to me it sounded like a better version of the v6. It sounded like the bass was not solid at all. But I almost think I had a bad pair and really want one again. So I think I will do myself a favor and get another one to see how they hold up. 

 

 

https://soundcloud.com/hww-recordings/kaelin-ellis

https://soundcloud.com/nickraymondg

 

couple of tracks I liked the bass on. The first one the cop sounded bad to me. but it may sound bad to everyone anyway


Edited by grizzlybeast - 2/17/14 at 6:48pm
post #9165 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

 

You keep mentioning the Onkyo's but... do they even exist?

Google turns up nothing... ...

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/delightful-onkyo-es-fc300-and-es-hf300

 

Didn't ad the "es"..sorry. Surprised Google gave you nothing with Onkyo HF 500. Titanium drivers. Better deeper bass than ath m50 (for reference). These are clear but bassy cans like my hfi 580. Same as....(just looked at my link and it's 300's.) I listened to a set called 500's in Japan. Maybe renaming? The driver design as described in the link is identical to what I saw on the box. It was over ear. Not on ear. If I can get a pic of them I'll post it.

 

 

from http://www.techdigest.tv/headphones_earp/

 

These are an enigmas as there are on ear and over ear versions with the same name ? They thump. These and the AKG 545 are very punchy but handle all types. I have some buyers remorse at getting the 580's cuz these were (pictured) very very good at what the 580's do. These are far better than the m50's IMO .

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked