or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 609  

post #9121 of 11259
Pretty silly, but I know some of you were about a Woobox, or something like that a while back.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ValkA.subwoofer
post #9122 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiCore View Post
 

Still pretty interested in the Q40, but afraid of the reported sibilance.

I think that can be rectified via modding, but for now I've experienced none :)

post #9123 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiCore View Post

 

From all of them I liked the DT770 soundwise the most and they're also quite comfortable. Still pretty interested in the Q40, but afraid of the reported sibilance. But maybe I give them a try, since they're not that expensive and compare with the DT770.

Do you think I should wait for the HD7 and HD8 DJ? Would they fit me, if I liked the Beyers that much in comparison to the other headphones?

The Q40's don't have any sibilance. In fact the treble is a slightly toned down.

post #9124 of 11259

Finally finished the Q40 review. I also have a small comparison with the M50's. 

 

Here it is if anyone is interested: 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/705731/m-audio-q40-full-review-ath-m50-comparison

post #9125 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvtn View Post

Pretty silly, but I know some of you were about a Woobox, or something like that a while back.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ValkA.subwoofer

 

Bahahaa, a neat idea. Unfortunately the app (or my i9505g?) only has one rate of vibration, so it's either VIBRATE or nothing.

 

Still. Hilarious! Good find.

post #9126 of 11259

Great review.

I am trying to hunt down the best cans for Hip hop in particular. This is a Bass club but I have realize (duh) that there are many kinds of Bass music. I see new posts asking about the best Hip hop cans about every other day and it must drive long timers nuts that folks don't create a list. Of genre specific bass cans. My ears and tastes are different so... so is my list but it's based on the same song, amped and tweaked in the same way. Loud, long and low throws the goal.

 

Did you push the low end to distortion skirting level?

What specific track/s did you use?

40mm drivers. My Beats were that and they failed at Low long and low.Most of the other ones that started distorting were 40mm too. 

They sound great by your review and I wanna hear em. 

post #9127 of 11259




Bassheaven!
post #9128 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by PXSS View Post





Bassheaven!

 

Amazing. Lawton wood?

post #9129 of 11259

Lawton Paduak Cups and V1 Angle Pads.

post #9130 of 11259

Are those DT770 Premiums?

post #9131 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor5cl View Post
 

Are those DT770 Premiums?

Yes, 250 ohm.

post #9132 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post

Great review.
I am trying to hunt down the best cans for Hip hop in particular. This is a Bass club but I have realize (duh) that there are many kinds of Bass music. I see new posts asking about the best Hip hop cans about every other day and it must drive long timers nuts that folks don't create a list. Of genre specific bass cans. My ears and tastes are different so... so is my list but it's based on the same song, amped and tweaked in the same way. Loud, long and low throws the goal.

Did you push the low end to distortion skirting level?
What specific track/s did you use?
40mm drivers. My Beats were that and they failed at Low long and low.Most of the other ones that started distorting were 40mm too. 
They sound great by your review and I wanna hear em. 

I can assure you that these are great for Hip Hop. I dont know if they're the absolute best for that genre, but it sounds really good for me. I listen to a lot of Tech N9ne and The Specktators, and both of those artists have a lot of subbass packed in their songs. The Q40 delivers perfectly. Now to answer your questions:

No, i dont want to push them to extreme volumes because i dont want to ruin them.
A variety of tracks actually. As i mentioned before, A LOT of Tech N9ne, some Blue Stahli (electronic rock), Celldweller, Eminem, and some Techno/Trance music. My favourite track for testing bass is Avicii - Levels (Skrillex Remix), i know you probably hate Skrillex, but just listen to that song. Its a good song to measure your headphone's bass abilites.
Driver size isn't everything. My Sony MA900's are 70mm (yes, 70mm) but they cant touch the bass of the Q40's. The bass on the ma900 rolls off about 45-50hz, while the Q40 can reach lower than 30hz.
Give them a listen, im sure you will like them. wink.gif
post #9133 of 11259

sub bass is considered (atleast by the head-fi glossary) 0-60 Hz, for whoever it was that asked. personally, i kinda consider it to go from 0 - 80Hz. but thats just my own personal way of seeing things, its not science =]

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post
 

The Alpha pads will make them a sub bass monster, but the treble gets a little sharper as well. I think you will probably enjoy them.

yea looks like im gonna have to spend that little bit extra after all

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 


Well I'm shocked they seem much bass lighter than the M100.  I've had the M100 twice and don't experience what you are with it.  One thing is the D2000 seemed to need more oomph than the M100 for sure to be driven to their capability.  Meaning in my case a vintage amp - which makes the D2000 a monster.  I've got Alpha pads and extra deep Martin Custom cups on them and Lawton damping on the driver.  Amazing bass in every way. 

 

not much bass lighter, but definitely lighter by abit. perhaps its because the d2k have less of a v shape so i just perceive it as such? may also be cause i have the stock cans with no alterations. anyhow, oomph is not what i lack, im driving these off an O2 which is too loud even on unity gain, i even have to lower digital volume...

id like to say also, that while i found the m-100 bass very very satisfactory (im using XL pads for the record), the d2k seem to have a slight, yet annoying mid bass hump. i believe ill have to get those alpha pads after all, since sub bass is what im after. in the meantime im trying these out with no eq at all, just to try and get used to them first before i start messing around with their signature.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

The pads may be the problem here.

 

 

looks like it  :tongue_smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post
 

I'm very surprised by this graph.

 

why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiCore View Post
 

From all of them I liked the DT770 soundwise the most and they're also quite comfortable. Still pretty interested in the Q40, but afraid of the reported sibilance. But maybe I give them a try, since they're not that expensive and compare with the DT770.

 

ive never heard the q40s, but be warned, the dt 770 (i own the 250 ohm version) while not sibilant per se, are quite bright, so sibilance could occur... infact, its the "beyer brightness" that drove me to look for alternatives.

post #9134 of 11259

Thanks for the response!

 

" i know you probably hate Skrillex, but just listen to that song."  Hate? No way...might like it. I was raised on Pink Floyd Fleetwood Mac and  Vivaldi, Verdi and Tchiakovsky by my Mom.:D

I grew into Hip Hop as it disturbed the peace and had a competitive branch where I could have audio pissing contests with others...all measured and sanctioned of course. SPL,dB, Sound Clarity.

One of the Bass tests was by Radiohead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU8slEG-OtM..."Packt like sardines in a Crushd tin Box"...Tha fuuuuu:confused:....they wanted it for Bass response and SPL testing and I watched my subs almost fail at the rapid speed and tonal curves on that insane track. I'm not A radiohead fan but I am a believer :wink:

 

I already know about the 70mm...I wanted the big drivers but like you said it doesn't deliver the imagined result. 50mm seems the sweet spot but that doesn't mean any more than my ears and mind playing with me. I appreciate you taking the time. Thanks. I will most certainly take the time make the time to listen to these!! 

 

 

 

BTW I train MMA in Hawaii and Japan. Got some friends in the UFC. You fighting actively?


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 2/15/14 at 6:30pm
post #9135 of 11259

LOL, how did MMA come into question all of a sudden?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked