or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 606  

post #9076 of 11259

Hey guys, please be constructive about your arguments, don't just put the other down for "not knowing anything".

 

You would be amazed at the amount of varying experience that gets around on these forums. Drop into "Sound-science" if you want some real knowledge dropped on you! Steve Eddy, Bigshot, Xnor and SPwild are some of my favourite head-fiers, their knowledge is pretty incredible. 

 

I would love to talk extensively about my industry experience, and show you all photos, but I'm unfortunately advised not to, and it could potentially jeopardise my future contracts.

 

Warning: Bragging! (Click to show)

So here are a few photos THAT I DEFINITELY DID NOT TAKE :wink_face:

 

Fun fact: The Chemical Brothers have a production manager who writes a little inspirational message on their DJ mixer before they go on-stage. It's very cute.

 

The boys setting up for Above and Beyond:

 

Ludacris, warming up up the audience from back-stage before appearing - a common "stage technique" of his. 

 

Damian Marley had his own "Touring flag waver" for this tour, who literally just swung this flag around on-stage for his entire performance. He must have some pretty rad upper body strength. He had mad dreadlocks. 

 


Edited by White Lotus - 2/12/14 at 4:02am
post #9077 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Hey guys, please be constructive about your arguments, don't just put the other down for "not knowing anything".

 

You would be amazed at the amount of varying experience that gets around on these forums. Drop into "Sound-science" if you want some real knowledge dropped on you! Steve Eddy, Bigshot, Xnor and SPwild are some of my favourite head-fiers, their knowledge is pretty incredible. 

 

I would love to talk extensively about my industry experience, and show you all photos, but I'm unfortunately advised not to, and it could potentially jeopardise my future contracts.

 

I don't brag, because no one would believe me if I did :D

 

Besides, if I told you half the stuff I know, I'd have to shoot you. Lol. :ph34r:

post #9078 of 11259

We'd be more than happy to teach, mate! We are a friendly community, we love to try and help each other out with information. 

 

What would you like to know more about?

post #9079 of 11259

Thank god

post #9080 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annokill View Post

Yo fellow bassheadz!

I have another question... I am Searching for Some serious cans for hardstyle!

The hardstyle consists of the following:

Synth Leads / melody ( always electronic )

Bass line, ( low bass + kick ( higher pitched bass with more distortion ))

Claps / high hats

Mostly male voices but women Will be heard occasionally

Well those are like the main elements of Wich hardstyle consists,

I desperately need new headphones, below 300 ( if possible ) and with an amp/dac,

Tight budget...

I'll be listening from the first iPod classic ( 80gb ) or my iPhone 5s,

Preferably the iPod because most if not Every dac can work with it, and alsmost none with the 5s.

The headphone must have good bass, all kinds, deep, SUB bass, normal bass

But still have the clarity, for vocals and those kick ass melodies / synth leads.

Thanks in advance,

Annokill

Bump
post #9081 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annokill View Post


Bump

I would recommend the Q40, but I've just bought it myself and haven't actually heard it yet. It's quite famous in this thread though :)

post #9082 of 11259

Yeah, seems like the Q40's are liked for hardstyle. 

post #9083 of 11259

I deleted the comments before seeing the answer.

 

Thanks for being civil. 

 

How many people listen before they compare? Where do they go? I wanted a counter to my list because it is different from others and this site in general. I get personal pref but the ath m50 just flat out distort before the hfi 580's. 

 

The JVC's are apparently an unknown quantity in the Basshead thread which I find surprising. They rumble without distortion.

For the price...and Bass.... I would expect this discomfort  in another thread not named Bassheads but Bassheads.....it kinda implies Bass as being a desired entity so long as it doesn't destroy it's neighbor mids

 

Why is EQ'ing a bad thing? Every driver is tuned in a way. I am flat EQing right now but it's because the mids in these ugly beasts are becoming clearer and the lows never really bothered them anyway.

 

My list was based on direct recent comparisons. Your welcome. A lot of folks say they had this or that and ______. I was trying to help.

 

I WANT MY COOKIE!!!!!

 

EDIT:

 

The 55's are paper cups...the 77's are Beats with 17mm more driver and on steroids with an amp...I'm not commenting on any model of JVC besides the 77 because the others sucked as bad as Pioneer....imHo 


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 2/12/14 at 5:08am
post #9084 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

Why is EQ'ing a bad thing? Every driver is tuned in a way. I am flat EQing right now but it's because the mids in these ugly beasts are becoming clearer and the lows never really bothered them anyway.

Some people don't like the fact that EQ may or may not (depending on who you talk to) distort the signal due to additional components in the signal path (in the case of hardware EQ) and makes the signal unfaithful to its origin. I personally don't mind EQ and am using +12 to the lowest frequency with the EQ on my DX50.

post #9085 of 11259

Thank you god!! 

 

B in a B

 

The Beats got destroyed by the Fiio. Is it because it is double amping? I know Beats are overpriced but they gave up once and never recovered. It's easy to say the drivers suck but pre-amp days it was nice...kinda...

 

After the FiiO e12 it got loud then crackly..zzzz bzzzz. and that was it. At lower input it sounds fine so my chick loves em but it would not take amp ever again.

 

I stepped it up slowly btw...I didn't just twist the Dial. Is it double amping?

post #9086 of 11259

Double amping shouldn't be an issue here. Headphone drivers should normally hold for louder sounds than your ears, so if you had them on your head while twisting that little dial of yours, they may have been bad from the start. If you tried to use them as speakers on your table when you twisted that little dial of yours, then yeah, you probably broke the drivers.

post #9087 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

Double amping shouldn't be an issue here. Headphone drivers should normally hold for louder sounds than your ears, so if you had them on your head while twisting that little dial of yours, they may have been bad from the start. If you tried to use them as speakers on your table when you twisted that little dial of yours, then yeah, you probably broke the drivers.

 

 

I was listening to a Geto Boys track pretty loud and the next song was 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78_loMbmKJ8 Earl Sweatshirt - EARL which I had added but not really listened to. I took it off my list till I figure if it was bass boosted (my copy) or what. It went bzz flutter right away. It was on my head. I could amp up to that dial point before but not after. I thought the Beats hate was anti-hype..It wasn't. Everybody got so tired of beating the crap outta them they let Yamaha (3,400 series) and V Moda slide?? Those distort too.

 

I'm enjoying new amp levels right now.

 

How common are drivers blowing with portable amps like the e12. Am I gonna blow the 580's? They lived in the store but once you hit distortion on a set the shine is gone.

post #9088 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

 

 

I was listening to a Geto Boys track pretty loud and the next song was 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78_loMbmKJ8 Earl Sweatshirt - EARL which I had added but not really listened to. I took it off my list till I figure if it was bass boosted (my copy) or what. It went bzz flutter right away. It was on my head. I could amp up to that dial point before but not after. I thought the Beats hate was anti-hype..It wasn't. Everybody got so tired of beating the crap outta them they let Yamaha (3,400 series) and V Moda slide?? Those distort too.

 

I'm enjoying new amp levels right now.

 

How common are drivers blowing with portable amps like the e12. Am I gonna blow the 580's? They lived in the store but once you hit distortion on a set the shine is gone.

With portable amps it's possible to blow drivers. Portable headphones (like the Beats) are usually engineered to withstand your typical DAPs and smartphones, not necessarily an external amplifier pushing their boundaries. However, if you were wearing them on your head, I'm willing to bet that even Beats are engineered to withstand volumes that humans can withstand. I've never come across a headphone that couldn't take volumes that my ears could, and frankly, I bet I never will. So, if you still have warranty for your Beats, you may want to look into that.

 

Also, people are anti-Beats for a looooooot of reasons, not necessarily because of sound quality or pricing. There are anti-Beats threads to debate why people hate them though. Personally I think the anti-Beats hysteria is a bit silly, but oh well.

post #9089 of 11259

I'm pretty sure I'd turn deaf if I try to listen to extreme volumes... not sure why he would like to listen to headphones at this extreme levels... but oh well...

post #9090 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

With portable amps it's possible to blow drivers. Portable headphones (like the Beats) are usually engineered to withstand your typical DAPs and smartphones, not necessarily an external amplifier pushing their boundaries. However, if you were wearing them on your head, I'm willing to bet that even Beats are engineered to withstand volumes that humans can withstand. I've never come across a headphone that couldn't take volumes that my ears could, and frankly, I bet I never will. So, if you still have warranty for your Beats, you may want to look into that.

 

Also, people are anti-Beats for a looooooot of reasons, not necessarily because of sound quality or pricing. There are anti-Beats threads to debate why people hate them though. Personally I think the anti-Beats hysteria is a bit silly, but oh well.

 

 

In my other Audio experience the drivers have clear minimum and maximum input values. They will blow sooner or later if that max is exceeded so you buy an amp rated over the max and keep the gain down and raise it until your drivers exhibit audible distortion. Headphones seem to keep some specs secret so proper pairing seems harder than it should be.  Driver sizes in cups and caps and chips in some equipment seem hard to come by some some head fi sites are built around cracking equipment open to see what's inside and sharing it. I bought my Cowon because that chip was said to be what I'd like which was only known because some chinese guy split it open and ID'd the chip as being the same as the one in the J3. 

 

FWIW it seems that size does matter with Headphones too. The 50mm ones seem to respond better than 40mm for low end reproduction.

 

The Beats are playing a Glee episode for my GF right now so they are retired and I cannot be bothered with them. I just wanna learn what happened and stuff. They were on my head and I do listen to bass really loud and It was too much for that set.  Thanks for the input!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked