Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
The Basshead Club - Page 583
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8732 of 111101/16/14 at 10:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by jay628
Haha. I can totally see your love for both. I feel like its getting even harder after reading this lol. If I can get a D2000 cheaper I will def buy it...but for its price now its really hard for me to ignore the HE-400. I listen to a lot of different music too, but mainly indie rock and dubsteps. Can I ask what amp do you use for your HE-400?
I have my FiiO E9 primarily, but sometimes I use the HP jack on my Denon AVR-1613, and as a last resort that is surprisingly decent the amp on my Auzentech Forte sound card. All sound pretty damn good with both.
Good luck man! You'll be happy either way...it's tough to say no to either imho! :Dpost #8733 of 111101/17/14 at 1:03am
well I have a Wood Back D2k with a D7k cable [esstianally a D5k at this point]
The HE 400 is faster and deeper, My MD 2k [or D5k] has better mids and a touch more bass preseance over all with equalivent width as the Ortho
Personally the HE 400... never really WOW'd me... well the bass did the lack of upper mids did not... that and I still eq'd my HE 400 to get it to where I was happy with it, the MD 2000 I have doesn't need any EQ at all,
After I get the Mark Lawton Pads and Driver Dampening [NOT DOING THE WOOD BACK DAMPEN AT ALL] along with a balanced Recable from Brian at BTG this headphone will have costed me like $750 q.q but it will have the speed of the HE 400, from the mods
Although the Dynamic headphone won't ever do Depth and layering like the Ortho. Still I can live without that extra bit of layering in exchange for some upper freaking midspost #8734 of 111101/17/14 at 12:14pmQuote:
Amazon would be much easier to ship and also faster. But ill try to order it from M Audio's website and see how it goes.post #8735 of 111101/17/14 at 1:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Vanarian
Come on, you seek bass and yet nobody suggested you to check ATH pro 700mk2? Aren't these cans reputed to be THE benchmark in bass deepness and power actually? More than Beats, more than M100, I wonder how it fights again the Pro900 since I haven't had the luck to experience these Ultrasones.
Can somebody confirm my suggestion or correct me if I said something wrong?
I have to say...the Pro700mk2 stopped my search for bass-head phones for a while. They really do the job. Replace the pads with the M50's and you will have a great bass headphone. Compared to both the M100 and the Pro900...the Pro700mk2 didn't disappoint me.post #8736 of 111101/18/14 at 2:03ampost #8737 of 111101/18/14 at 8:07amWhat headphone would you consider a HD380 upgrade?
In general, what I'm searching for is a combination of:
- lows as on Atrios (strong and extended subbass with no bleeding into other frequencies, rather no excesive mid and high bass hump)
- mids/highs of the Merlins (a tad warm but detailed mids, smooth yet nicely extended highs with no sibilance or harshness at all)
Is there anything like that?post #8738 of 111101/18/14 at 12:49pm
My DT770 Pro 80s just came today. They're my first foray into anything more sophisticated than $10 Sony EX10s (which, to be fair, have a solid low-end for something that cheap).
All I can say is...holy mother of Godpost #8739 of 111101/18/14 at 1:31pmQuote:
another Beyer fan woot!post #8740 of 111101/18/14 at 2:16pmpost #8741 of 111101/18/14 at 2:29pmpost #8742 of 111101/18/14 at 3:07pmQuote:
This makes me happy. Beyer brothers unite! The DT770 is so comfortable, too. And the metal parts, "MADE IN GERMANY".. Hell, even before the great sound signature, I'm blown away by them, still some of my favourite cans.
Edited by White Lotus - 1/18/14 at 3:08pmpost #8743 of 111101/18/14 at 3:10pm
They have a sort of understated tank look, excellent build without flashy shiny metal parts, just nice matte black metal and grey soft touch plastic. Also, nice sound whichever model you choose.post #8744 of 111101/18/14 at 6:13pmQuote:
Beyer makes a nice set of cans, they all kinda look the same. Though the T90 look teh best imopost #8745 of 111101/18/14 at 8:29pm
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Poll running and the micro iDSD... 6 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA3 or Schiit Valhalla? 9 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 18 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 43 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 56 seconds ago
- › Finding the perfect pair of dedicated home cans 1 minute ago
- › CHORD HUGO preview report 1 minute ago
- › FS: Mr. Speakers Mad Dog w/ leather Alpha Pads 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 1 minute ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob