Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 9:34 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 583
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Haha. I can totally see your love for both. I feel like its getting even harder after reading this lol. If I can get a D2000 cheaper I will def buy it...but for its price now its really hard for me to ignore the HE-400. I listen to a lot of different music too, but mainly indie rock and dubsteps. Can I ask what amp do you use for your HE-400?
I have my FiiO E9 primarily, but sometimes I use the HP jack on my Denon AVR-1613, and as a last resort that is surprisingly decent the amp on my Auzentech Forte sound card. All sound pretty damn good with both.
Good luck man! You'll be happy either way...it's tough to say no to either imho! :D
well I have a Wood Back D2k with a D7k cable [esstianally a D5k at this point]
The HE 400 is faster and deeper, My MD 2k [or D5k] has better mids and a touch more bass preseance over all with equalivent width as the Ortho
Personally the HE 400... never really WOW'd me... well the bass did the lack of upper mids did not... that and I still eq'd my HE 400 to get it to where I was happy with it, the MD 2000 I have doesn't need any EQ at all,
After I get the Mark Lawton Pads and Driver Dampening [NOT DOING THE WOOD BACK DAMPEN AT ALL] along with a balanced Recable from Brian at BTG this headphone will have costed me like $750 q.q but it will have the speed of the HE 400, from the mods
Although the Dynamic headphone won't ever do Depth and layering like the Ortho. Still I can live without that extra bit of layering in exchange for some upper freaking mids
Amazon would be much easier to ship and also faster. But ill try to order it from M Audio's website and see how it goes.
Come on, you seek bass and yet nobody suggested you to check ATH pro 700mk2? Aren't these cans reputed to be THE benchmark in bass deepness and power actually? More than Beats, more than M100, I wonder how it fights again the Pro900 since I haven't had the luck to experience these Ultrasones.
Can somebody confirm my suggestion or correct me if I said something wrong?
I have to say...the Pro700mk2 stopped my search for bass-head phones for a while. They really do the job. Replace the pads with the M50's and you will have a great bass headphone. Compared to both the M100 and the Pro900...the Pro700mk2 didn't disappoint me.
In general, what I'm searching for is a combination of:
- lows as on Atrios (strong and extended subbass with no bleeding into other frequencies, rather no excesive mid and high bass hump)
- mids/highs of the Merlins (a tad warm but detailed mids, smooth yet nicely extended highs with no sibilance or harshness at all)
Is there anything like that?
My DT770 Pro 80s just came today. They're my first foray into anything more sophisticated than $10 Sony EX10s (which, to be fair, have a solid low-end for something that cheap).
All I can say is...holy mother of God
This makes me happy. Beyer brothers unite! The DT770 is so comfortable, too. And the metal parts, "MADE IN GERMANY".. Hell, even before the great sound signature, I'm blown away by them, still some of my favourite cans.
Edited by White Lotus - 1/18/14 at 3:08pm
They have a sort of understated tank look, excellent build without flashy shiny metal parts, just nice matte black metal and grey soft touch plastic. Also, nice sound whichever model you choose.
Beyer makes a nice set of cans, they all kinda look the same. Though the T90 look teh best imo
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 11 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 16 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 28 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Audirvana Plus 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread 6 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 10 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 10 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)