Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 10:46 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/14/15
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 583
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Haha. I can totally see your love for both. I feel like its getting even harder after reading this lol. If I can get a D2000 cheaper I will def buy it...but for its price now its really hard for me to ignore the HE-400. I listen to a lot of different music too, but mainly indie rock and dubsteps. Can I ask what amp do you use for your HE-400?
I have my FiiO E9 primarily, but sometimes I use the HP jack on my Denon AVR-1613, and as a last resort that is surprisingly decent the amp on my Auzentech Forte sound card. All sound pretty damn good with both.
Good luck man! You'll be happy either way...it's tough to say no to either imho! :D
well I have a Wood Back D2k with a D7k cable [esstianally a D5k at this point]
The HE 400 is faster and deeper, My MD 2k [or D5k] has better mids and a touch more bass preseance over all with equalivent width as the Ortho
Personally the HE 400... never really WOW'd me... well the bass did the lack of upper mids did not... that and I still eq'd my HE 400 to get it to where I was happy with it, the MD 2000 I have doesn't need any EQ at all,
After I get the Mark Lawton Pads and Driver Dampening [NOT DOING THE WOOD BACK DAMPEN AT ALL] along with a balanced Recable from Brian at BTG this headphone will have costed me like $750 q.q but it will have the speed of the HE 400, from the mods
Although the Dynamic headphone won't ever do Depth and layering like the Ortho. Still I can live without that extra bit of layering in exchange for some upper freaking mids
Amazon would be much easier to ship and also faster. But ill try to order it from M Audio's website and see how it goes.
Come on, you seek bass and yet nobody suggested you to check ATH pro 700mk2? Aren't these cans reputed to be THE benchmark in bass deepness and power actually? More than Beats, more than M100, I wonder how it fights again the Pro900 since I haven't had the luck to experience these Ultrasones.
Can somebody confirm my suggestion or correct me if I said something wrong?
I have to say...the Pro700mk2 stopped my search for bass-head phones for a while. They really do the job. Replace the pads with the M50's and you will have a great bass headphone. Compared to both the M100 and the Pro900...the Pro700mk2 didn't disappoint me.
In general, what I'm searching for is a combination of:
- lows as on Atrios (strong and extended subbass with no bleeding into other frequencies, rather no excesive mid and high bass hump)
- mids/highs of the Merlins (a tad warm but detailed mids, smooth yet nicely extended highs with no sibilance or harshness at all)
Is there anything like that?
My DT770 Pro 80s just came today. They're my first foray into anything more sophisticated than $10 Sony EX10s (which, to be fair, have a solid low-end for something that cheap).
All I can say is...holy mother of God
This makes me happy. Beyer brothers unite! The DT770 is so comfortable, too. And the metal parts, "MADE IN GERMANY".. Hell, even before the great sound signature, I'm blown away by them, still some of my favourite cans.
Edited by White Lotus - 1/18/14 at 3:08pm
They have a sort of understated tank look, excellent build without flashy shiny metal parts, just nice matte black metal and grey soft touch plastic. Also, nice sound whichever model you choose.
Beyer makes a nice set of cans, they all kinda look the same. Though the T90 look teh best imo
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 1 minute ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) 1 minute ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3