Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 7:44 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 576
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some head-fier posted this in a AH-C300 thread
How is the cable on the AH-C300?
I'm looking for workout iems. All the ones I've tried have crapped out after a few months. It's always the cable.
These also look like they will stay on while working out. That was another big issue.
I'd say so. Nope, the mids are clear and the bass is extended, has excellent texture, slam and is offered up in very high quantities. It's comparable to the Pro900(which to me is very impressive and is my benchmark for how low frequencies should sound).
As far as I can tell it is the same as the MEElectronics M6- microphonics are minimal.
Edited by Euphonik - 1/9/14 at 12:35pm
Guys you help a lot in hurting one's wallet haha, I'm lucky that these things are bargains!
ShooterMacG, from the AH-C300 thread has the C300 and the C400. The C300 are made with two 11.5 mm dynamic drivers. The C400 has two balanced armature drivers. From this anatomy data, it is obvious that their sound signature will be quite different. The C300 belong in the basshead club. The C400 don't.
"Are the Denon AH-C300's really all that good? Does the bass muddy up the mids and make eveything sound dark and muffled? How is the bass anyways?"
The AH-C300 do not have the bass and the mids competing for the same space as other bass heavy IEMs do. My thought for this achievement is that these are made with two drivers and the housing/enclosure is quite large. With the C300, you can get bass to sound huge with equalization and it may sound louder than the mid-range sounds such as vocals, but it will not muddy up the mid-range. That is the greatest virtue of the C300 for my ears and a must have for them to appreciate anything that belongs in the basshead club. The C300 comply with that demand. My ears find flaws on the C300, but mud in the middle frequencies isn't one of them. You can find more info on this matter in the C300 thread.
Edited by Alberto01 - 1/9/14 at 1:53pm
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 14 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 25 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PX 80 (PX100 1) 2 minutes ago
- › Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser's Momentum 2.0 aren't actually that good... 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3