Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 6:40 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
The Basshead Club - Page 576
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some head-fier posted this in a AH-C300 thread
How is the cable on the AH-C300?
I'm looking for workout iems. All the ones I've tried have crapped out after a few months. It's always the cable.
These also look like they will stay on while working out. That was another big issue.
I'd say so. Nope, the mids are clear and the bass is extended, has excellent texture, slam and is offered up in very high quantities. It's comparable to the Pro900(which to me is very impressive and is my benchmark for how low frequencies should sound).
As far as I can tell it is the same as the MEElectronics M6- microphonics are minimal.
Edited by Euphonik - 1/9/14 at 12:35pm
Guys you help a lot in hurting one's wallet haha, I'm lucky that these things are bargains!
ShooterMacG, from the AH-C300 thread has the C300 and the C400. The C300 are made with two 11.5 mm dynamic drivers. The C400 has two balanced armature drivers. From this anatomy data, it is obvious that their sound signature will be quite different. The C300 belong in the basshead club. The C400 don't.
"Are the Denon AH-C300's really all that good? Does the bass muddy up the mids and make eveything sound dark and muffled? How is the bass anyways?"
The AH-C300 do not have the bass and the mids competing for the same space as other bass heavy IEMs do. My thought for this achievement is that these are made with two drivers and the housing/enclosure is quite large. With the C300, you can get bass to sound huge with equalization and it may sound louder than the mid-range sounds such as vocals, but it will not muddy up the mid-range. That is the greatest virtue of the C300 for my ears and a must have for them to appreciate anything that belongs in the basshead club. The C300 comply with that demand. My ears find flaws on the C300, but mud in the middle frequencies isn't one of them. You can find more info on this matter in the C300 thread.
Edited by Alberto01 - 1/9/14 at 1:53pm
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 5 minutes ago
- › stuck with the decision of new headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD HE Series: HE-9, HE-7, HE-1, HE-350 7 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Flat response headphones Takstar pro 80 Vs Sony MDR 7510 10 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3