Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 7:47 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
The Basshead Club - Page 576
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some head-fier posted this in a AH-C300 thread
How is the cable on the AH-C300?
I'm looking for workout iems. All the ones I've tried have crapped out after a few months. It's always the cable.
These also look like they will stay on while working out. That was another big issue.
I'd say so. Nope, the mids are clear and the bass is extended, has excellent texture, slam and is offered up in very high quantities. It's comparable to the Pro900(which to me is very impressive and is my benchmark for how low frequencies should sound).
As far as I can tell it is the same as the MEElectronics M6- microphonics are minimal.
Edited by Euphonik - 1/9/14 at 12:35pm
Guys you help a lot in hurting one's wallet haha, I'm lucky that these things are bargains!
ShooterMacG, from the AH-C300 thread has the C300 and the C400. The C300 are made with two 11.5 mm dynamic drivers. The C400 has two balanced armature drivers. From this anatomy data, it is obvious that their sound signature will be quite different. The C300 belong in the basshead club. The C400 don't.
"Are the Denon AH-C300's really all that good? Does the bass muddy up the mids and make eveything sound dark and muffled? How is the bass anyways?"
The AH-C300 do not have the bass and the mids competing for the same space as other bass heavy IEMs do. My thought for this achievement is that these are made with two drivers and the housing/enclosure is quite large. With the C300, you can get bass to sound huge with equalization and it may sound louder than the mid-range sounds such as vocals, but it will not muddy up the mid-range. That is the greatest virtue of the C300 for my ears and a must have for them to appreciate anything that belongs in the basshead club. The C300 comply with that demand. My ears find flaws on the C300, but mud in the middle frequencies isn't one of them. You can find more info on this matter in the C300 thread.
Edited by Alberto01 - 1/9/14 at 1:53pm
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Room feel 12 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › HM-901 8 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2