or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 566  

post #8476 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibeSuchBass View Post

How would you describe them then?

Dont have them but i have heard that they are the bassiest in the denon line, and may even have more bass than my signature dj. Which can give headaches ^.^

Ask oregonian. He is an expert on the denons lol
post #8477 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post


Dont have them but i have heard that they are the bassiest in the denon line, and may even have more bass than my signature dj. Which can give headaches ^.^

Ask oregonian. He is an expert on the denons lol

Oh, i thought you were saying they were not bassy or however else they were described by the person who recommended them to me. Either way, theyre too expensive for me, so theyre not an option right now. 

post #8478 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursah View Post
 

I have my D2000's rigged on the joint and a different driver as well

 

Which drivers?

post #8479 of 11259
I have a feeling a good chunk of you have been waiting..
http://www.head-fi.org/t/696263/digizoid-zo3-updates-discussion-thread#post_10088605

Hope there's more updates soon!
post #8480 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibeSuchBass View Post

Thanks for your input and help, but all those cans you recommended are just too far out of my price range, my budget is like $100. Also, by how you described them, i can tell they are really not for me because i dont want a little bit of good bass and super ultra clear mids and highs (like many audiophiles) want. i want a lot of bass that i can feel or at least really hear and that is emphasized, and pretty well clear mids and highs, at least so that the bass doesnt muddy up or bleed into the mids or that there is no muffled sound/feeling. Almost any regular earbuds can provide such an audio experience to me, even Apple Earpods can do it for me, little bass, but pretty well clear mids and highs, in my book at least, probably because i have never really listened to any quality cans or super quality earbuds.

Lastly, I wont be doing much EQing or listening from super high quality sources, ill be lucky to use a portable amp for my ipod touch 4g which will be my audio source (hopefully an iphone 5 or new Android smartphone soon). I walk around and do stuff when i listen to music or i am either at school, im a HS Senior btw. So big EQing wont really be a factor since iPods and most smartphones dont have built in custom EQing features. I cant picture myself at home stuck around to a big desktop amp or home theater with headphones, i will be listening from an ipod or smartphone for now. I also think those cans you listed are good for you because of the music you are listening to, i will be listening to really bass heavy music like dubstep and some hip hop and etc.

Again, thanks for your feedback!
Reading other people's reviews are sometimes highly inaccurate of what you feel you hear. Yet other times, you hear think you hear things because of what other reviewers heard, and you automatically make that assumption.
The only real way to check out a phone is to listen to it.
That said, if what you really want is to "feel" your bass, get a XB500 lol
Edited by asdfvtn - 12/21/13 at 10:45pm
post #8481 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvtn View Post


Reading other people's reviews are sometimes highly inaccurate of what you feel you hear. Yet other times, you hear think you hear things because of what other reviewers heard, and you automatically make that assumption.
The only real way to check out a phone is to listen to it.
That said, if what you really want is to "feel" your bass, get a XB500 lol

yeah, makes sense. And i am going to try going in a day or two to try out the Sony MDR X10 and M Audio q40. From what ive heard and been reading, i am leaning towards the q40, but only experience will tell.

I think the XB500 will be muddy and the mids will be recessed (right word?). I feel that the XB500 will sound muffled, but ill see if i can try them out too, i think theyre discontinued though :( Unless you or others really think they can go against the Q40 and MDR X10, i will probably not take them seriously.

post #8482 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvtn View Post

I have a feeling a good chunk of you have been waiting..
http://www.head-fi.org/t/696263/digizoid-zo3-updates-discussion-thread#post_10088605

Hope there's more updates soon!

Do you think a Q40 would really need an amp? Would one make a noticeable diffeence in sound? If so, what difference(s) would a portable amp do?

Ive been thinking about the FiiO E11, E12, DigiZoid ZO2, and now the DigiZoid ZO3. Would those be good choices? 

post #8483 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibeSuchBass View Post
 

Do you think a Q40 would really need an amp? Would one make a noticeable diffeence in sound? If so, what difference(s) would a portable amp do?

Ive been thinking about the FiiO E11, E12, DigiZoid ZO2, and now the DigiZoid ZO3. Would those be good choices? 


FiiO E11 should work pretty well for the price paid, as for Digizoid I wouldn't go ZO2 anymore but ZO3 isn't released yet. The Q40 improves a lot in my experience with amping, some headphones don't, Q40 definitely does to me. Especially bass-wise and you may find yourself using the bass boosts on amp like FiiO E11 and ZO etc. :p I'm pretty sure Q40 and an amp (E11 on the cheap) is going to provide you what you're looking for, both very big bass slam but still very clear sound. It's among those headphones with the "biggest bass" vs good overall quality ratio at around its price point there isn't much other competitors except for possibly the Nuforce headphones but those distort also quite easily and not overly loud volume. Yes XB500 has a lot bigger bass, but the quality is soooooooo much worse too.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 12/22/13 at 1:50am
post #8484 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post


FiiO E11 should work pretty well for the price paid, as for Digizoid I wouldn't go ZO2 anymore but ZO3 isn't released yet. The Q40 improves a lot in my experience with amping, some headphones don't, Q40 definitely does to me. Especially bass-wise and you may find yourself using the bass boosts on amp like FiiO E11 and ZO etc. tongue.gif I'm pretty sure Q40 and an amp (E11 on the cheap) is going to provide you what you're looking for, both very big bass slam but still very clear sound. It's among those headphones with the "biggest bass" vs good overall quality ratio at around its price point there isn't much other competitors except for possibly the Nuforce headphones but those distort also quite easily and not overly loud volume. Yes XB500 has a lot bigger bass, but the quality is soooooooo much worse too.

The E11 is really cheap so that is eru attractive to me, but you get what you pay for right. Will the E11 really be a good performer for only like $60 on amazon? Or would a ZO2 or ZO3 be much more better worth their price? Is there a noticeable difference between the E11 or E12 and the ZO2? Which is the best quality, regardless of price. I hope you get what I'm going at, id rather save up for the best than waste my money on something I will regret, but within a reasonable price, I don't want like a $300 amp.

I'm also happy to hear that the XB500's have bad audio (sounds weird lol), one less headphone to consider and stress over.
Edited by ShibeSuchBass - 12/22/13 at 11:34am
post #8485 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibeSuchBass View Post

The E11 is really cheap so that is eru attractive to me, but you get what you pay for right. Will the E11 really be a good performer for only like $60 on amazon? Or would a ZO2 or ZO3 be much more better worth their price? Is there a noticeable difference between the E11 or E12 and the ZO2? Which is the best quality, regardless of price. I hope you get what I'm going at, id rather save up for the best than waste my money on something I will regret, but within a reasonable price, I don't want like a $300 amp.

I'm also happy to hear that the XB500's have bad audio (sounds weird lol), one less headphone to consider and stress over.

I have the e11 and i cast my vote for it. Dont stress all that much on the amping, the e11's will power them fine and have a nifty bass boost function as well. Unless you want to have more control and versatility with your bass boost (zo2/zo3).... The e11 should be fine.
post #8486 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

I have the e11 and i cast my vote for it. Dont stress all that much on the amping, the e11's will power them fine and have a nifty bass boost function as well. Unless you want to have more control and versatility with your bass boost (zo2/zo3).... The e11 should be fine.

I think I would rather get the ZO2 after reading this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/599589/digizoid-zo2-vs-fiio-e11 People said that the ZO2 gives it more bass and a bass you can feel (if I remember correctly). They also say that it makes the audio "fun," not sure what that means, so idk if I would like that, does "fun" mean it makes the audio sound overlly refined and fake? Anyways, the ZO2 is also smaller and you can use it while charging, I like the design, basically everything about the design and features I like better, the sound it will produce also sounds great. If the ZO3 is affordable for me in the future and is described as something I would like, I would probably get the ZO3 instead.
post #8487 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibeSuchBass View Post


I think I would rather get the ZO2 after reading this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/599589/digizoid-zo2-vs-fiio-e11 People said that the ZO2 gives it more bass and a bass you can feel (if I remember correctly). They also say that it makes the audio "fun," not sure what that means, so idk if I would like that, does "fun" mean it makes the audio sound overlly refined and fake? Anyways, the ZO2 is also smaller and you can use it while charging, I like the design, basically everything about the design and features I like better, the sound it will produce also sounds great. If the ZO3 is affordable for me in the future and is described as something I would like, I would probably get the ZO3 instead.


I haven't tested FiiO E11 but I have the latest v2.3 of ZO2 but I don't think it's an overly good fit for Q40. I happen to also have an older version of ZO2, the v2.1 which has a more fitting sound for Q40's signature, with v2.3 it becomes slightly V-shape sounding and with v2.1 the Q40 sounds pretty even in the mids and highs. You won't find v2.1 anymore though. Therefore I think it's either best to go FiiO E11 now as it's much cheaper or simply wait for ZO3.

There's just something about the synergy between ZO2.3 and Q40 that doesn't get me into the music but with v2.1 I'm jumping around like crazy in my chair when putting on some EDM music.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 12/22/13 at 1:12pm
post #8488 of 11259
What does it sound like with V shape. I assume you mean it looks like a V in the EQ, what kind of sound does that make?
post #8489 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibeSuchBass View Post

What does it sound like with V shape. I assume you mean it looks like a V in the EQ, what kind of sound does that make?


Yea, something like that. The "Rock" preset typically has such but it's not as overdone like those EQ presets usually are. Lots of sparkle (doesn't get fatiguing) and bass but vocals/instruments sounds slightly more distant compared to when I use ZO2.1 when it sounds like vocals/instruments are more "in-my-face".

post #8490 of 11259
You could count me in I guess
Since AKG K619 is a basshead cans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked