or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 561  

post #8401 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


The D2000 came to me Lawton modded, with plastic cups, so I then had Martin make the cups. I put Alpha pads on a few months before the new cups and feel they made the bass improve as well. So it has the damping on the driver only and am thinking about doing the cups.

My D7000 came to me stock 100%, then I sent them to Mark L for the full damping job and put on his angle pads. Came back and blew my mind how good it sounded. Now I put Alpha pads on the phone about a month ago and think I'm staying with this combo. Have the angle pads but doubt I'll put them back on.

I am seriously considering having Mark L do his thing to my TH900, crazy as that sounds. Figure the improvement I heard from his work on my D7000 might hold true. And if so, then I'd be a bit impressed.

 

you are evil! :)

 

i'm almost convinced i NEED a pair of D2000 with martin's cups followed by mark's tuning...plus alpha pads! now i just need to work out how to afford this!!! :)

post #8402 of 11259

I'd like a discussion about integrated stereo amplifiers (/vintage amps) that have tonal controls! I love the looks of old integrated Kenwood amps for example, but I have no experience with them. Anyone know any good integrated amps (with tonal controls) that can be used with let's say, LCD2's, TH900's, HD600/650's etc?
 

post #8403 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


The D2000 came to me Lawton modded, with plastic cups, so I then had Martin make the cups. I put Alpha pads on a few months before the new cups and feel they made the bass improve as well. So it has the damping on the driver only and am thinking about doing the cups.

My D7000 came to me stock 100%, then I sent them to Mark L for the full damping job and put on his angle pads. Came back and blew my mind how good it sounded. Now I put Alpha pads on the phone about a month ago and think I'm staying with this combo. Have the angle pads but doubt I'll put them back on.

I am seriously considering having Mark L do his thing to my TH900, crazy as that sounds. Figure the improvement I heard from his work on my D7000 might hold true. And if so, then I'd be a bit impressed.

SELL ME YO ANGLE PADS [cheaply plz]

 

Anyways, I'm going to have a Driver only modded D2k my self, let me know how the wood back dampening changes things. I wouldn't mind the D2k by a little on teh fun side. 

post #8404 of 11259
post #8405 of 11259

Omg that is the reading for CAL 1... that's an awesome read does it sound anything like that? 

post #8406 of 11259

Hey guys ! So I'm with a shure srh750dj since some years, and I wanted to upgrade. I was looking to the denon d2k, but the price is really high, and hard to find..

 

I'm not a pro audiophile, I'm just searching a headphone with great bass to smash my head, and the D2k seems to be a common answer. But like I said, high price, and I don't really want to buy an already used..

So, is there a nice alternative to them, below 300$ ? Thank you

post #8407 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmBOS View Post

I'd like a discussion about integrated stereo amplifiers (/vintage amps) that have tonal controls! I love the looks of old integrated Kenwood amps for example, but I have no experience with them. Anyone know any good integrated amps (with tonal controls) that can be used with let's say, LCD2's, TH900's, HD600/650's etc?

 


 



Funny you should ask.................Kenwood KA-5700 (I own two of these), Pioneer SA-7500MKII, Spec 1/2 rack system. All do an amazing job on my phones (see my sig). Have tone controls as well as loudness switches for when you want that little extra kick. biggrin.gif



post #8408 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmBOS View Post

I'd like a discussion about integrated stereo amplifiers (/vintage amps) that have tonal controls! I love the looks of old integrated Kenwood amps for example, but I have no experience with them. Anyone know any good integrated amps (with tonal controls) that can be used with let's say, LCD2's, TH900's, HD600/650's etc?

 


 



Sorry, double post.
post #8409 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saev View Post
 

Hey guys ! So I'm with a shure srh750dj since some years, and I wanted to upgrade. I was looking to the denon d2k, but the price is really high, and hard to find..

 

I'm not a pro audiophile, I'm just searching a headphone with great bass to smash my head, and the D2k seems to be a common answer. But like I said, high price, and I don't really want to buy an already used..

So, is there a nice alternative to them, below 300$ ? Thank you


Find a used D2000, or try a Denon D600 or Ultrasone Pro900.  I have them all..................love them all and use them all.  At different times.  :eek:

post #8410 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmBOS View Post
 

I'd like a discussion about integrated stereo amplifiers (/vintage amps) that have tonal controls! I love the looks of old integrated Kenwood amps for example, but I have no experience with them. Anyone know any good integrated amps (with tonal controls) that can be used with let's say, LCD2's, TH900's, HD600/650's etc?

 

 



Sorry, double post.

I do forget your like... 50 something [that sir is a compliment] ... I wish I had those kinda of vintages amp consider my jeallous to some small extent 

post #8411 of 11259

Hi,

 

I really like my Wooduo IEM basswise. Any headphones that delivers similar bass?

 

Is the UE9000/6000 considered basshead headphones?

post #8412 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

I do forget your like... 50 something [that sir is a compliment] ... I wish I had those kinda of vintages amp consider my jeallous to some small extent 


Just remember my friend the cost of entry into the vintage world can be quite low.  My first Kenwood I paid $70. 

post #8413 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 


Find a used D2000, or try a Denon D600 or Ultrasone Pro900.  I have them all..................love them all and use them all.  At different times.  :eek:

 

Thanks ! But denon D600 don't really draws me, and the ultrasone at 429$ is not really below 300$. :ph34r:

post #8414 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saev View Post
 

 

Thanks ! But denon D600 don't really draws me, and the ultrasone at 429$ is not really below 300$. :ph34r:


I paid $252 open box from Amazon for the Pro900.  Try it a few days in a row.  Just saw one for $370 so I'll bet with Xmas coming up there will be a price drop. 

post #8415 of 11259

I'm drawn to the D600 a little...even still. Wish I could have a good open pair of HE 400's! Not only out of budget but wouldn't groove with my living situation at all...

 

But I found some modded F50PR's from mayflower audio that are supposed to rattle your skull with bass...anyone have any experience with these? The price isn't bad...and if I feel like modding myself their modding kit is $19.99 before s/h. Their Level 3 phones are $239 atm.

 

I wanna try an ortho after a good friend said they're worth it and I'd never go back...but I'm a broke parent attending college...no $2k hp's for me. More like $200. lol! And that's too much!

 

https://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/store/p12/Fostex_T50RP_-_Version_3.html

 

As quoted from a response from mayflower audio "If you love bass, we have our V3 headphones that will make your head shake."

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked