or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 555  

post #8311 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Everyone in this thread except for me right now:

 

 

Haha, I wish. Just got myself a new laptop, so I think I'll be laying off headphones for awhile. With that said, there are some basshead cans there are really tempting...

 

Poor wallet.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtao114 View Post
 

Which one of these sub-100 dollar headphones would you guys recommend?  :Panasonic RP-HTF600-S, UE6000, JVC HAS500, and Philips Citiscape Downtown.

 

I like the HTF600 best. I haven't heard the UE6000 much, though.

post #8312 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
 

 

AD900 enclosure, Pro700MKII driver holder ring, AD2000 drivers, Beyerdynamic Gel Earpads, and enough bass to hurt your ears :D

 

The pads are starting too look kinda green from my grease, though. Good thing I have a spare pair of black gels ;)

Frankenbass :L3000:

post #8313 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post
 

Frankenbass :L3000:

Sheesh that must b something 

post #8314 of 11259
I wish i knew how to mod headphones frown.gif
post #8315 of 11259

Howdy Gents,

After about 40 hours of lurking/reading over the past couple days I figured it to be time to say hello. I'm jumping right into the basshead section as I'm pretty sure this should be home for me. Anyways, down to business.

 

I am looking to pick up some XB1000's. I tried them out a couple years back at a Sony store and remember being mind-blown, but also broke, so here I am now.  I know there are a lot of more rounded basshead cans out there, but as a bit of background, my ghetto speaker rig is: Klipsch Promedia 2.1 + Pioneer SW8-Mk2 + Polk PSW505, strung together by headphone splitters. It's the dumbest contraption ever (~50w of treble fighting ~500w of bass), but it meets my requirement of making me feel like my chest is going to implode when I crank the subs (amplified by my relatively tiny dorm room), and reasonably balanced sound when I turn things down/off.

 

My quest to make my body implode in various ways resumes with my still-convex cranium and my V-Moda M80s, which sound great, but just don't satisfy the physical needs of a basshead. I obviously already mentioned the XB1000s, so you guys might be thinking "So buy them scrub, and quit it with the uninformative wall-o-text." Well, I have questions, and I wanted to share my idiotic setup (driven by bass-vampirism of course) and hopefully be entertaining.  With items 2 and 3 on that list decently covered, I'll stop wasting time and get to it:

  1. Does anybody have experience with Sony's warranty when ordering overseas? Would it be covered in the states if ordered from Korea/Japan (assuming it is genuine)?
  2. What sort of amp might I consider down the road (read: when my wallet regains its composure) think $75-$150, portable ideal but not necessary.
  3. What is up with the Digizoid Z02? It doesn't seem to exist online anymore? Would it be a viable answer to question 2 if I could actually find one?

 

Thanks for your time guys, happy holidays, may the cyber-weekend deals be fruitful and may the bass be with you all.

 

-alcal

 

PS. If any of you guys are PC people, I'm over on the overclock.net forums by the same name.

post #8316 of 11259
These are pretty bassy to me. Surprised they're not on the list. They're like a hammer to my headin ccomparison to my other cans

post #8317 of 11259

They probably should be if they're comparable to the Dx000 series. 

post #8318 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcal View Post
 

Howdy Gents,

After about 40 hours of lurking/reading over the past couple days I figured it to be time to say hello. I'm jumping right into the basshead section as I'm pretty sure this should be home for me. Anyways, down to business.

 

I am looking to pick up some XB1000's. I tried them out a couple years back at a Sony store and remember being mind-blown, but also broke, so here I am now.  I know there are a lot of more rounded basshead cans out there, but as a bit of background, my ghetto speaker rig is: Klipsch Promedia 2.1 + Pioneer SW8-Mk2 + Polk PSW505, strung together by headphone splitters. It's the dumbest contraption ever (~50w of treble fighting ~500w of bass), but it meets my requirement of making me feel like my chest is going to implode when I crank the subs (amplified by my relatively tiny dorm room), and reasonably balanced sound when I turn things down/off.

 

My quest to make my body implode in various ways resumes with my still-convex cranium and my V-Moda M80s, which sound great, but just don't satisfy the physical needs of a basshead. I obviously already mentioned the XB1000s, so you guys might be thinking "So buy them scrub, and quit it with the uninformative wall-o-text." Well, I have questions, and I wanted to share my idiotic setup (driven by bass-vampirism of course) and hopefully be entertaining.  With items 2 and 3 on that list decently covered, I'll stop wasting time and get to it:

  1. Does anybody have experience with Sony's warranty when ordering overseas? Would it be covered in the states if ordered from Korea/Japan (assuming it is genuine)?
  2. What sort of amp might I consider down the road (read: when my wallet regains its composure) think $75-$150, portable ideal but not necessary.
  3. What is up with the Digizoid Z02? It doesn't seem to exist online anymore? Would it be a viable answer to question 2 if I could actually find one?

 

Thanks for your time guys, happy holidays, may the cyber-weekend deals be fruitful and may the bass be with you all.

 

-alcal

 

PS. If any of you guys are PC people, I'm over on the overclock.net forums by the same name.

I had the XB 700 and for SHEER QUANITY of sub bass [with a smidge of quality] I'd say your best bet is to grab ur self a XB 1000 and double amp a Fiio E11 and Digizoid Z, the Z3 is apprently looming around the corner so I'd start with a Fiio E11 and then get a used Digi Z2 here on head fi or a new Digi Z3 when it's released :3 

 

OR you could ditch both options and get ur self what is called a Darth Beyer Dt 770, there is one for sale here on head fi, 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/690446/darth-beyer-extra-deep-v3xd-w-royal-mahogany-cups-price-reduction

Honestly... I would SERIOUSLY get those Beyers! I've never heard one but apprently they have INSANE amounts of bass, so much so the owner of them is selling the headphone for it having to MUCH bass. In my honest opinion I would think the Darth Beyer should b on par if not better than the XB1000 not to mention it's wood back <3

 

Non the less, assuming your getting an XB1000 for around $300+shipping, I'd go with the Darth Beyer, grab an E11 and well drown in the bass! 

post #8319 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post

They probably should be if they're comparable to the Dx000 series. 

Yeah, both the TH600 and TH900 should be on the list, right next to the Denons.
post #8320 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Yeah, both the TH600 and TH900 should be on the list, right next to the Denons.
Sorry I missed the updated page and only saw the first page list which only has the TH900.
post #8321 of 11259

Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up going with the MDRs largely for aesthetic reasons.

 

In other news, it seems that the Z03 amp is due soon, and will have greatly improved power output capabilities along with a mode which allows pure amping with no equilization. 

post #8322 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcal View Post
 

Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up going with the MDRs largely for aesthetic reasons.

 

In other news, it seems that the Z03 amp is due soon, and will have greatly improved power output capabilities along with a mode which allows pure amping with no equilization. 

 

How exciting! I was tempted to get a Z0, but I'm going to wait for the new one to come out.

post #8323 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

How exciting! I was tempted to get a Z0, but I'm going to wait for the new one to come out.

It should be a little more expensive (I think I remember seeing that it's made of aluminum now too?) but that's probably a good call, since I can only find one retailer online that even has the Z02 in stock anymore so the Z03 is pretty much the only choice anyways.

post #8324 of 11259

love my zo2, will definitely pick up a zo3 at some stage!

post #8325 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimulgus View Post
 

love my zo2, will definitely pick up a zo3 at some stage!

 

For me it's no question, I will pick up one as soon as they get available. Gotta keep that ZO collection going:

x1 ZO1,
x2 ZO2.1  
x1 ZO2.3

======
4x ZOmbies so far. ^_^

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked