Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 7:22 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 554
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm with you, the D2000 is my only headphone right now, and I only have it because of upgrades and trades I've done with previous headphones.
I bought my Beyer DT880 Premium->Traded for Sennheiser HD580, I made upgrade cables for it, modded the grills and headband and traded that for a Westone 4 modded to 4R, I repaired the damaged HPL Audio pure silver cable and traded those for a pair of HD600's (near mint) and then traded those for the D2000.
I've had other headphones on the sides of those, but that's basically how I got to my D2000. I don't think I will be able to 'level up' from these very easily.
U wanna level up ur D2k... get a Wood Back and some Alpha Pads for it <3 then do a Lawton Mod on the drivers, at taht point your level should be OVER 9000
If they're all solid performers, I'd go for the most comfortable and good looking one. The one that makes you want to use it.
Edited by Coq de Combat - 11/29/13 at 12:49am
Well thats the thing, I haven't been able to listen to any so I can't attest to sound nor comfort. I'm just hoping for a quick, definitive answer before the sales end xD
I'm thinking about DIYing a pair of fiberglass or carbon fiber cups for them. I'm going for that level 10,000.
I thought the Alpha Pads sucked out the mids? Not the case?
Yeah, the stockers are super ugly.
Edited by cCasper TFG - 11/29/13 at 2:16am
Here's the classified I had for them. The pictures there were really all I have. It's a shame I didn't take more. (I don't want to load the thread with pictures of non-basshead headphones) lol
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable just now
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 seconds ago
- › call...+91-9649133663 love vashikaran specialist baba ji >>head-fi<< 15 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 31 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › www.love Black-Magic specialist baba ji (+91)-9649133663 head fi 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 4 minutes ago
- › www.love vashikaran specialist baba ji::+91-9649133663::Head-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 5 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)