Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 11:39 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 554
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm with you, the D2000 is my only headphone right now, and I only have it because of upgrades and trades I've done with previous headphones.
I bought my Beyer DT880 Premium->Traded for Sennheiser HD580, I made upgrade cables for it, modded the grills and headband and traded that for a Westone 4 modded to 4R, I repaired the damaged HPL Audio pure silver cable and traded those for a pair of HD600's (near mint) and then traded those for the D2000.
I've had other headphones on the sides of those, but that's basically how I got to my D2000. I don't think I will be able to 'level up' from these very easily.
U wanna level up ur D2k... get a Wood Back and some Alpha Pads for it <3 then do a Lawton Mod on the drivers, at taht point your level should be OVER 9000
If they're all solid performers, I'd go for the most comfortable and good looking one. The one that makes you want to use it.
Edited by Coq de Combat - 11/29/13 at 12:49am
Well thats the thing, I haven't been able to listen to any so I can't attest to sound nor comfort. I'm just hoping for a quick, definitive answer before the sales end xD
I'm thinking about DIYing a pair of fiberglass or carbon fiber cups for them. I'm going for that level 10,000.
I thought the Alpha Pads sucked out the mids? Not the case?
Yeah, the stockers are super ugly.
Edited by PETEREK - 11/29/13 at 2:16am
Here's the classified I had for them. The pictures there were really all I have. It's a shame I didn't take more. (I don't want to load the thread with pictures of non-basshead headphones) lol
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Need help finding a great pair of headphones please (details inside) 1 minute ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › FS: Superb Lot Of UE Ultimate Ears Limited Edition Zippo Lighter,... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a cheap portabke dac/amp to pair with smartphones. 2 minutes ago
- › Roland Duo Capture EX or Focusrite 2i2? Best sound quality for... 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 4 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2