Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 11:15 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 554
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm with you, the D2000 is my only headphone right now, and I only have it because of upgrades and trades I've done with previous headphones.
I bought my Beyer DT880 Premium->Traded for Sennheiser HD580, I made upgrade cables for it, modded the grills and headband and traded that for a Westone 4 modded to 4R, I repaired the damaged HPL Audio pure silver cable and traded those for a pair of HD600's (near mint) and then traded those for the D2000.
I've had other headphones on the sides of those, but that's basically how I got to my D2000. I don't think I will be able to 'level up' from these very easily.
U wanna level up ur D2k... get a Wood Back and some Alpha Pads for it <3 then do a Lawton Mod on the drivers, at taht point your level should be OVER 9000
If they're all solid performers, I'd go for the most comfortable and good looking one. The one that makes you want to use it.
Edited by Coq de Combat - 11/29/13 at 12:49am
Well thats the thing, I haven't been able to listen to any so I can't attest to sound nor comfort. I'm just hoping for a quick, definitive answer before the sales end xD
I'm thinking about DIYing a pair of fiberglass or carbon fiber cups for them. I'm going for that level 10,000.
I thought the Alpha Pads sucked out the mids? Not the case?
Yeah, the stockers are super ugly.
Edited by PETEREK - 11/29/13 at 2:16am
Here's the classified I had for them. The pictures there were really all I have. It's a shame I didn't take more. (I don't want to load the thread with pictures of non-basshead headphones) lol
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Difference between NAD HP50 & Beyer T51P? 4 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions And Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 7 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z5 Range - Audio Quality 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 10 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 11 minutes ago
- › Overly loud concerts ruining the experience? 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2