Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 10:48 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
The Basshead Club - Page 554
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm with you, the D2000 is my only headphone right now, and I only have it because of upgrades and trades I've done with previous headphones.
I bought my Beyer DT880 Premium->Traded for Sennheiser HD580, I made upgrade cables for it, modded the grills and headband and traded that for a Westone 4 modded to 4R, I repaired the damaged HPL Audio pure silver cable and traded those for a pair of HD600's (near mint) and then traded those for the D2000.
I've had other headphones on the sides of those, but that's basically how I got to my D2000. I don't think I will be able to 'level up' from these very easily.
U wanna level up ur D2k... get a Wood Back and some Alpha Pads for it <3 then do a Lawton Mod on the drivers, at taht point your level should be OVER 9000
If they're all solid performers, I'd go for the most comfortable and good looking one. The one that makes you want to use it.
Edited by Coq de Combat - 11/29/13 at 12:49am
Well thats the thing, I haven't been able to listen to any so I can't attest to sound nor comfort. I'm just hoping for a quick, definitive answer before the sales end xD
I'm thinking about DIYing a pair of fiberglass or carbon fiber cups for them. I'm going for that level 10,000.
I thought the Alpha Pads sucked out the mids? Not the case?
Yeah, the stockers are super ugly.
Edited by cCasper TFG - 11/29/13 at 2:16am
Here's the classified I had for them. The pictures there were really all I have. It's a shame I didn't take more. (I don't want to load the thread with pictures of non-basshead headphones) lol
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ETYMOTIC ER4P 16 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Verb IEM Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2