New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 549  

post #8221 of 11259

Wonder how these are like http://djmag.com/content/back-dead?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_campaign=hootsuite 

Technics is quite respected brand in the DJ scene. Probably won't be "uber" bassy but yea will still keep a look out for them. Also looks like it could take the beating of a tank.

post #8222 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
 

Wonder how these are like http://djmag.com/content/back-dead?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_campaign=hootsuite 

Technics is quite respected brand in the DJ scene. Probably won't be "uber" bassy but yea will still keep a look out for them. Also looks like it could take the beating of a tank.

... interesting question but is Technics the Audiotechnica OEM? An old [and I mean 60's old] buddy of mine seems to believe so 

post #8223 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

... interesting question but is Technics the Audiotechnica OEM? An old [and I mean 60's old] buddy of mine seems to believe so 


Isn't it a division of Panasonic? There's even a youtube promo vid for these headphones where the Panasonic logo is displayed at the end.

post #8224 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
 


Isn't it a division of Panasonic? There's even a youtube promo vid for these headphones where the Panasonic logo is displayed at the end.

Yea you could be right. 

post #8225 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
 


Isn't it a division of Panasonic? There's even a youtube promo vid for these headphones where the Panasonic logo is displayed at the end.

Yes, it is. Just look at the URL of this page: http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/support-technics-audio-and-dj

post #8226 of 11259
post #8227 of 11259

Interesting!

Did they compare well to the djs besides the bass? (Soundstage, highs biggrin.gif)

Unless, of course you are going to be putting that in your review. Then i can wait. biggrin.gif
post #8228 of 11259

 

Oops... didn't know I swear!  :o  Lemme know when yours is up so that we can link to it!  :smile:

post #8229 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

Interesting!

Did they compare well to the djs besides the bass? (Soundstage, highs biggrin.gif)

Unless, of course you are going to be putting that in your review. Then i can wait. biggrin.gif

Hopefully after I gather my thoughts on the T5ps, Shure 1540s and Alpha Dogs, I'll go back to the Dido's ;-). All I can say is I like 'em a whole lot! :-)
post #8230 of 11259

Those Dido headphones sound like my personal holy grail! :D Big bass slam (and sufficient midbass hump too) as I'm one of those who prefer both midbass & subbass to be in nice balance since the music I listen to the most, hardstyle, demands a good bit of both and balanced mids vs highs presence which is hard to find in basshead headphones. Plus it looks awesome! :o

When I read that review it sounds like it has everything I'm looking for in a headphone! $799 may sound like a lot to some but I get the feeling it's actually somewhat cheap of a headphone of this kind.... Well for my mentality $799 is certainly a lot as I'm roughly at the stage I feel comfortable only paying up to around $300 and above that even if I have the money seems like a whole lot for a headphone. :P Just have to overcome my money greediness as I do have almost 30K saved up so one would think what is the guy smoking!

Well I guess it's either these or Ultrasone Signature DJs currently that would be my personal holy grail no matter price.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 11/23/13 at 6:53am
post #8231 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

... interesting question but is Technics the Audiotechnica OEM? An old [and I mean 60's old] buddy of mine seems to believe so 

 

Technics is (at this point) probably Panasonic's sole DJ-oriented brand. I don't think they make anything other than turntables and DJ headphones now.


With that said, they are quite a famous brand in DJ-land. The SL-1210 is still the king of TTs.

post #8232 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post
 

 

Technics is (at this point) probably Panasonic's sole DJ-oriented brand. I don't think they make anything other than turntables and DJ headphones now.


With that said, they are quite a famous brand in DJ-land. The SL-1210 is still the king of TTs.

I am a bit nostalgic for Technics- they were a major player in home audio back in the day and my first receiver + turntable were Technics.  It was Panasonic's high-end line.

post #8233 of 11259
After listening to the q40 with alpha pads + the same exact settings & amp as my other gear I have to re-visit a few statements.

1. For RPGWiZaRD, I have to retract my statement and say the es10 would be a side grade at best. After listening for the past 2 days I would be lying if I said the es10 were "better" I prefer the q40 over the es10 by an giant margin.

2.I recall telling someone that the pro700mk2 had more rumble than the q40, well sorry but that was false. I listened to them with different gear and settings. Listened again with the same settings and it's a landslide victory for the q40. Q40 go waaaaay deeper and are controlled/focused, the pro700mk2 sub bass hits like diarrhea in comparison. It is just loose, and loses the feeling.
post #8234 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisxx View Post

After listening to the q40 with alpha pads + the same exact settings & amp as my other gear I have to re-visit a few statements.

1. For RPGWiZaRD, I have to retract my statement and say the es10 would be a side grade at best. After listening for the past 2 days I would be lying if I said the es10 were "better" I prefer the q40 over the es10 by an giant margin.

2.I recall telling someone that the pro700mk2 had more rumble than the q40, well sorry but that was false. I listened to them with different gear and settings. Listened again with the same settings and it's a landslide victory for the q40. Q40 go waaaaay deeper and are controlled/focused, the pro700mk2 sub bass hits like diarrhea in comparison. It is just loose, and loses the feeling.

 

That's typically Q40, I've tested it from various sources & amps and it seems to be picky about what gear you use with them, dunno why that is but that's my experiences, with some amps I don't even like it that much but with others it's for me nearly perfect, just lacking some air and soundstaging mostly. Soundstage should improve with the alpha pads probably though.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 11/24/13 at 5:08am
post #8235 of 11259
RPGWiZaRD if you want the sound stage, I can't recommend the alpha pads enough. These things make a huge difference in that area. These headphones sound so good now, I don't want to try out any other headphones until I save up enough for the 1k offerings. Alpha pads make the sound stage massive. It's like the music isn't coming from headphones, but more like a close proximity surround system.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked