New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 545  

post #8161 of 11259
Thread Starter 

It seems to me that the best way to deal with situation is not to remove the warm headphones from the list, but to make a separate list, so we end up with a "warm" list, and a "true basshead" list.

 

I'm a little busy but I'll try and get the process started on the 20th.

 

Current candidate for the "warm" list are:

 

HE400

LCD-2, LCD-3

HD-25 series

HD650

And a few others.

post #8162 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 

I have a suggestion.  In an effort to respect everyone's sonic preferences, perhaps the list has become TOO inclusive.  While I give huge props to Parall3l for this thread which is one of the most popular on Head-fi and the tremendous effort and commitment to manage the list, it is so large as to be overwhelming for anyone making a reasonable comparison for a basshead can purchase.  Perhaps we could enact a nomination system for removal as well as additions with the initial nomination and 4 additional in agreement (5 total).  While this should also be a democratic process, I believe voters should have "X" # of posts on this forum or Head-fi to avoid random voting/nominations from pranksters and/or newbies who may not yet have the experience to make an informed nomination.   Thoughts?

We ought to get a commity of sorts. Get 4-5 senior members and start literally having these fellows do listen ins on a pair of cans. I'm part of an AD 2000X review ciruit and it's a pretty good idea the guy w ho made the I dunno Review Ciruit thingy

 

either way, we need the same people to listen to most of what's on the list and do the reviews them selvs. I just purchased and will be shipping an UE 6000 to a fellow here, so I'm going to be quiete happy to hear it my self so I can make my own judgement. Non the less, Might be good to start a new Revised List And slowy add some cans to it. Ethier way we need consitancy, the same ppl listening to each can before it winds up on the list. 

post #8163 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 

I have a suggestion.  In an effort to respect everyone's sonic preferences, perhaps the list has become TOO inclusive.  While I give huge props to Parall3l for this thread which is one of the most popular on Head-fi and the tremendous effort and commitment to manage the list, it is so large as to be overwhelming for anyone making a reasonable comparison for a basshead can purchase.  Perhaps we could enact a nomination system for removal as well as additions with the initial nomination and 4 additional in agreement (5 total).  While this should also be a democratic process, I believe voters should have "X" # of posts on this forum or Head-fi to avoid random voting/nominations from pranksters and/or newbies who may not yet have the experience to make an informed nomination.   Thoughts?

 

Yup, I agree that voting can be used to determine the inclusion of a basshead can into the list.

 

However, the only problem is voting can be a very long, drawn-out process. Nevertheless, I can volunteer to keep tabs on the votes.

 

We can do it like this -

 

1) Take a handful of cans (say 10 to begin with, in alphabetical order)

2) Have people vote/comment on them

3) Once a can has at least 5 votes, and at least 3/5 of them are yes, we will include them

4) Posters are also encouraged to state their level of experience with said cans (whether you own them, or have thoroughly auditioned them)

 

What do you guys think?

post #8164 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

Yup, I agree that voting can be used to determine the inclusion of a basshead can into the list.

However, the only problem is voting can be a very long, drawn-out process. Nevertheless, I can volunteer to keep tabs on the votes.

We can do it like this -

1) Take a handful of cans (say 10 to begin with, in alphabetical order)
2) Have people vote/comment on them
3) Once a can has at least 5 votes, and at least 3/5 of them are yes, we will include them
4) Posters are also encouraged to state their level of experience with said cans (whether you own them, or have thoroughly auditioned them)

What do you guys think?

+1
post #8165 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

 

4) Posters are also encouraged to state their level of experience with said cans (whether you own them, or have thoroughly auditioned them)

 

This is so crucial.

+1 from me. 

post #8166 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post
 

 

Yup, I agree that voting can be used to determine the inclusion of a basshead can into the list.

 

However, the only problem is voting can be a very long, drawn-out process. Nevertheless, I can volunteer to keep tabs on the votes.

 

We can do it like this -

 

1) Take a handful of cans (say 10 to begin with, in alphabetical order)

2) Have people vote/comment on them

3) Once a can has at least 5 votes, and at least 3/5 of them are yes, we will include them

4) Posters are also encouraged to state their level of experience with said cans (whether you own them, or have thoroughly auditioned them)

 

What do you guys think?

I like it. It seems like this process might be biased towards more popular headphones (that more people can vote on), but I see no way around this problem. 

post #8167 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

This is so crucial.

+1 from me. 

In the spirit of "checks and balances" I would be fine with the thread starter approving final changes based on voting as well as listening experience of voters since there needs to be some subjectivity in the process.

post #8168 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 

In the spirit of "checks and balances" I would be fine with the thread starter approving final changes based on voting as well as listening experience of voters since there needs to be some subjectivity in the process.

 

I agree. Should we create a new thread for this, or do we continue in this thread?

 

Anyway, to start off, and to see if this idea takes root, this is the first dozen (or so) cans from mine and Parall3l's list from the first page -

 

AIAIAI

TMA-1 - YES (auditioned more than 5 times)

TMA-1 Studio
 
Audeze
LCD-2
LCD-3
 
Audio-Technica
ES7 - YES (own)
ES700 - YES (auditioned 1-2 times)
ES10 - YES (auditioned 2-3 times)

PRO500MK2 - YES (own)
PRO700
PRO700MK2 - YES (own)
WS55 Solid Bass - YES (own)
WS77 Solid Bass
WS99 Solid Bass

 

I don't know if this is what we can use for voting, but do let me know. If it's a good idea, then do continue voting with this list of cans first.

 

Thanks!

post #8169 of 11259

Klipsch Image One should be on the warm list.  UE6000 is definitely basshead caliber.

 

 

IMO, the toughest on the list to classify is the PSB M4U1/2/NAD HP50 (not on yet).


Edited by Craigster75 - 11/17/13 at 10:48am
post #8170 of 11259

Well, I haven't heard many headphones, but I know that all of Audio Technica's 53mm drivers have potential to be bass monsters. 

post #8171 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

I agree. Should we create a new thread for this, or do we continue in this thread?

Anyway, to start off, and to see if this idea takes root, this is the first dozen (or so) cans from mine and Parall3l's list from the first page -

AIAIAI
TMA-1 - YES (auditioned more than 5 times)
TMA-1 Studio

 
Audeze

LCD-2

LCD-3

 
Audio-Technica

ES7 - YES (own)

ES700 - YES (auditioned 1-2 times)

ES10 - YES (auditioned 2-3 times)
PRO500MK2 - YES (own)

PRO700

PRO700MK2 - YES (own)

WS55 Solid Bass - YES (own)

WS77 Solid Bass

WS99 Solid Bass

I don't know if this is what we can use for voting, but do let me know. If it's a good idea, then do continue voting with this list of cans first.

Thanks!

Hmm ok, I'll start.

I haven't listened to any of the 'phones listed above except the WS55, I used to own one. And i approve of it being a basshead can.
post #8172 of 11259

Maybe everyone should quote the same list and add their votes to the list by writing their username and listening experience in parentheses. 

post #8173 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 

Klipsch Image One should be on the warm list.  UE6000 is definitely basshead caliber.

 

 

IMO, the toughest on the list to classify is the PSB M4U1/2/NAD HP50 (not on yet).

I will be hearing a UE 6000 soon actually... I'm excited to see what all the Fuss is about around it! 

post #8174 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post
 

 

Yup, I agree that voting can be used to determine the inclusion of a basshead can into the list.

 

However, the only problem is voting can be a very long, drawn-out process. Nevertheless, I can volunteer to keep tabs on the votes.

 

We can do it like this -

 

1) Take a handful of cans (say 10 to begin with, in alphabetical order)

2) Have people vote/comment on them

3) Once a can has at least 5 votes, and at least 3/5 of them are yes, we will include them

4) Posters are also encouraged to state their level of experience with said cans (whether you own them, or have thoroughly auditioned them)

 

What do you guys think?

 

Brilliant idea!

post #8175 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post
 

 

I agree. Should we create a new thread for this, or do we continue in this thread?

 

I say we use this thread.  No need to start a new one.

 

I can only speak to ones that I have tried:

 

AIAIAI

TMA-1 - YES 

TMA-1 Studio - YES 
 
Audeze
LCD-2
LCD-3
 
Audio-Technica
ES7
ES700 - YES
ES10

PRO500MK2
PRO700
PRO700MK2 - YES
WS55 Solid Bass 
WS77 Solid Bass
WS99 Solid Bass

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked