Anyone heard the Astrotec AX60? Amazing bass.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 4:14 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 534
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@Parall3l, please list the JDS Labs C421 as a bass boast amp.
Well yeah, it has the switch for "bass" boost. To my ears, feels like mid-bass, a few db, nothing too severe. More noticeable than the sub-bass boost of the Fiio E12.
I didn't mean to have a condescending tone - wasn't sure if you meant to say that the amp has a "Bass boost function/switch", or if you found the amp to have a "bass boosted" default sound signature. The difference between the two is very crucial.
Just wanted to clarify. Sorry!
Edited by White Lotus - 11/1/13 at 8:12am
Well I'd say it's a matter of taste, I quickly sold my DT770 Pro because I thought the midrange was too pushed back and it lacked midbass (so the bass wasn't very punchy, only rumbly and ooooh so rumbly but simply too much subbass skewed for my taste) so I couldn't get engaged with music but then again I have preference in up-front mids and balanced midbass and subbass presence and yes I'm like 90% EDM music listener. :) I slightly prefer M50 myself but the M50 I had didn't sound anything like the description I read about them so I really believe in the two different versions of M50 floating around. The M50 I had was pretty weak in bass (even boosting it a lot didn't get me satisfied) but had very nice mids which I liked about them but the highs were also very slightly too sharp, there around 9kHz or so.
Yup, we've both talk about this before, and the M50 that we both have is definitely the newer, less bassy model. It's certainly bass shy when compared to the DT770. In fact, when I auditioned the DT770, I did it together with the M50. The DT770 was more engaging for me, although I haven't listened to the Beyerdynamic can in a while. Still, off hand, I clearly preferred its sound signature (for EDM) as opposed to the M50, which was quite lackluster in its bass presence.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. 28 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 55 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 59 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › IEM recommandation for mobile use 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › I'm confused 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)