Anyone heard the Astrotec AX60? Amazing bass.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 1:53 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 534
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@Parall3l, please list the JDS Labs C421 as a bass boast amp.
Well yeah, it has the switch for "bass" boost. To my ears, feels like mid-bass, a few db, nothing too severe. More noticeable than the sub-bass boost of the Fiio E12.
I didn't mean to have a condescending tone - wasn't sure if you meant to say that the amp has a "Bass boost function/switch", or if you found the amp to have a "bass boosted" default sound signature. The difference between the two is very crucial.
Just wanted to clarify. Sorry!
Edited by White Lotus - 11/1/13 at 8:12am
Well I'd say it's a matter of taste, I quickly sold my DT770 Pro because I thought the midrange was too pushed back and it lacked midbass (so the bass wasn't very punchy, only rumbly and ooooh so rumbly but simply too much subbass skewed for my taste) so I couldn't get engaged with music but then again I have preference in up-front mids and balanced midbass and subbass presence and yes I'm like 90% EDM music listener. :) I slightly prefer M50 myself but the M50 I had didn't sound anything like the description I read about them so I really believe in the two different versions of M50 floating around. The M50 I had was pretty weak in bass (even boosting it a lot didn't get me satisfied) but had very nice mids which I liked about them but the highs were also very slightly too sharp, there around 9kHz or so.
Yup, we've both talk about this before, and the M50 that we both have is definitely the newer, less bassy model. It's certainly bass shy when compared to the DT770. In fact, when I auditioned the DT770, I did it together with the M50. The DT770 was more engaging for me, although I haven't listened to the Beyerdynamic can in a while. Still, off hand, I clearly preferred its sound signature (for EDM) as opposed to the M50, which was quite lackluster in its bass presence.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SchiitShow 2015 Impressions 24 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 54 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 2 minutes ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 2 minutes ago
- › What if the audio critic is completely right? What would you own? 3 minutes ago
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2