Anyone heard the Astrotec AX60? Amazing bass.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 10:10 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 534
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@Parall3l, please list the JDS Labs C421 as a bass boast amp.
Well yeah, it has the switch for "bass" boost. To my ears, feels like mid-bass, a few db, nothing too severe. More noticeable than the sub-bass boost of the Fiio E12.
I didn't mean to have a condescending tone - wasn't sure if you meant to say that the amp has a "Bass boost function/switch", or if you found the amp to have a "bass boosted" default sound signature. The difference between the two is very crucial.
Just wanted to clarify. Sorry!
Edited by White Lotus - 11/1/13 at 8:12am
Well I'd say it's a matter of taste, I quickly sold my DT770 Pro because I thought the midrange was too pushed back and it lacked midbass (so the bass wasn't very punchy, only rumbly and ooooh so rumbly but simply too much subbass skewed for my taste) so I couldn't get engaged with music but then again I have preference in up-front mids and balanced midbass and subbass presence and yes I'm like 90% EDM music listener. :) I slightly prefer M50 myself but the M50 I had didn't sound anything like the description I read about them so I really believe in the two different versions of M50 floating around. The M50 I had was pretty weak in bass (even boosting it a lot didn't get me satisfied) but had very nice mids which I liked about them but the highs were also very slightly too sharp, there around 9kHz or so.
Yup, we've both talk about this before, and the M50 that we both have is definitely the newer, less bassy model. It's certainly bass shy when compared to the DT770. In fact, when I auditioned the DT770, I did it together with the M50. The DT770 was more engaging for me, although I haven't listened to the Beyerdynamic can in a while. Still, off hand, I clearly preferred its sound signature (for EDM) as opposed to the M50, which was quite lackluster in its bass presence.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 17 seconds ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 24 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 35 seconds ago
- › Name our latest soon to be released product from ROCK JAW 36 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 59 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum vs Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) P7 6 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)