Anyone heard the Astrotec AX60? Amazing bass.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 3:26 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
The Basshead Club - Page 534
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@Parall3l, please list the JDS Labs C421 as a bass boast amp.
Well yeah, it has the switch for "bass" boost. To my ears, feels like mid-bass, a few db, nothing too severe. More noticeable than the sub-bass boost of the Fiio E12.
I didn't mean to have a condescending tone - wasn't sure if you meant to say that the amp has a "Bass boost function/switch", or if you found the amp to have a "bass boosted" default sound signature. The difference between the two is very crucial.
Just wanted to clarify. Sorry!
Edited by White Lotus - 11/1/13 at 8:12am
Well I'd say it's a matter of taste, I quickly sold my DT770 Pro because I thought the midrange was too pushed back and it lacked midbass (so the bass wasn't very punchy, only rumbly and ooooh so rumbly but simply too much subbass skewed for my taste) so I couldn't get engaged with music but then again I have preference in up-front mids and balanced midbass and subbass presence and yes I'm like 90% EDM music listener. :) I slightly prefer M50 myself but the M50 I had didn't sound anything like the description I read about them so I really believe in the two different versions of M50 floating around. The M50 I had was pretty weak in bass (even boosting it a lot didn't get me satisfied) but had very nice mids which I liked about them but the highs were also very slightly too sharp, there around 9kHz or so.
Yup, we've both talk about this before, and the M50 that we both have is definitely the newer, less bassy model. It's certainly bass shy when compared to the DT770. In fact, when I auditioned the DT770, I did it together with the M50. The DT770 was more engaging for me, although I haven't listened to the Beyerdynamic can in a while. Still, off hand, I clearly preferred its sound signature (for EDM) as opposed to the M50, which was quite lackluster in its bass presence.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 13 seconds ago
- › Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour! 22 seconds ago
- › Audio GD NFB-28 25 seconds ago
- › Upgrading from M50x 26 seconds ago
- › Heads up! Dick Smith "Premium headphones VT H68" aluminum and... 47 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 56 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › COMPARISON / REVIEW: A tale of two flagships (part deux) –... 1 minute ago
- › The Best of Head-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)