New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 529  

post #7921 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headzone View Post
 

When I read this thread, I want to get my hearing damaged so I can start enjoying those bright headphones that are good otherwise

DON'T THINK LIKE TAHT... just wait till your old and age will natrually defen you to bright headphones! 

post #7922 of 11259
I wish there was a good, decent, system-wide parametric EQ for windows, with a semi-decent UI. I'm shocked this doesn't exist already. I just want to flatten out my bass.. And increase it.
post #7923 of 11259

I just got the NuForce NE-600X. Bass was good. It's deep (subbass), well defined, punchy (midbass). I'd say it's powerful but doesn't cover up other frequencies. I can clearly hear the vocals. A good pair for those who like hiphop and RnB with lots of bass. 

 

Using these IEM's made me hear what my PL11 couldn't let me. I can hear even the fading bass. 

 

I tried the CKS55 and CKS77. The latter was too harsh in the highs. So the song sounds a little different. CKS55 is what is close to the Ne-600X but then my ears tell me the nuforce is much clearer. The CKS55 are a little dark. (Note: these have already been burnt in.)


Edited by kharken - 10/26/13 at 5:30am
post #7924 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

Double post: a quick ode to the D5000.

I love how it's a bass cannon, yet so highly regarded in the audiophile world. I find so many "audiophile" grade cans to be very bass-light or lean. I love that a cheeky little bass monster sits comfortably with the "big boys".

True......I have all three of the Denons and they surely are not a one trick pony. They do mids quite well. I'm auditioning an Alpha Dog and comparing to my Denons and quite impressed.

Now, who would have ever thought an Alpha Dog would satisfy a basshead? Well, they do when fed by vintage amps.....I kid you not. I'm as shocked as I've ever been with a headphones performance.
post #7925 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

DON'T THINK LIKE TAHT... just wait till your old and age will natrually defen you to bright headphones! 

At 34 I think I'm already there.
post #7926 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

True......I have all three of the Denons and they surely are not a one trick pony. They do mids quite well. I'm auditioning an Alpha Dog and comparing to my Denons and quite impressed.

Now, who would have ever thought an Alpha Dog would satisfy a basshead? Well, they do when fed by vintage amps.....I kid you not. I'm as shocked as I've ever been with a headphones performance.

....WHAT?! Alpha dogs being basshead-worthy?! Now you have my interest..
post #7927 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post


....WHAT?! Alpha dogs being basshead-worthy?! Now you have my interest..

indeed

 

any ways how the TH 600 you guys... 

post #7928 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

....WHAT?! Alpha dogs being basshead-worthy?! Now you have my interest..

Go read the Alpha Dog thread post I made. I NEVER would have thought it would even be decent bass........well, it's far more than decent. To me the key is what is driving it - vintage.
post #7929 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Go read the Alpha Dog thread post I made. I NEVER would have thought it would even be decent bass........well, it's far more than decent. To me the key is what is driving it - vintage.

another reason I say the more power the better with orthos! But it could be coloration of your vintage amp as well [not, that, color is a bad thing] 

post #7930 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headzone View Post
 

When I read this thread, I want to get my hearing damaged so I can start enjoying those bright headphones that are good otherwise

 

Bright headphones.. just ouch. On my players, I must have a custom EQ setting just to tone the treble down for bright/sibilant headphones. Just EQ away, and enjoy your cans. Don't let the highs get in your way of enjoying an otherwise good basshead can (e.g. PRO 900).

post #7931 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post
 

 

Bright headphones.. just ouch. On my players, I must have a custom EQ setting just to tone the treble down for bright/sibilant headphones. Just EQ away, and enjoy your cans. Don't let the highs get in your way of enjoying an otherwise good basshead can (e.g. PRO 900).

and see I like the CRASH of Cymbals and drums atop of my bass head  cans! [Dt 990 and HE 400 I'm looking at YOU guys] 

post #7932 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

another reason I say the more power the better with orthos! But it could be coloration of your vintage amp as well [not, that, color is a bad thing] 

 

Yeah, I think this is why Oregonian is emphasizing the "vintage" use.

I have tried the Alpha Dogs on 3 different amps now, and I get a cleaner, better sounding low-end when compared to the Mad Dogs 3.0 but not basshead levels, especially the sub-bass. BUT, does it have great bass? Yup. Is it super slamming/pumping? No. At least no with my setup! So I don't doubt Frank's experience at all seeing that he definitely has gear with lots of power and great headphones to compare to but I definitely think that his vintage gear is indeed helping with the sound.

 

Too bad vintage gear is so freaking huge though!! I don't have space for that in my house! LOL!!!

 

So I guess my point would be, not bass-head cans unless... .... :-p

post #7933 of 11259

Well, for the guys that use Electri-Q VST plugin for their EQ, I just recently found a better one to use. It's called EasyQ. It's easier to use, more responsive, and it doesn't crash Foobar like Electri-Q did. Plus you can change the colors. If you weren't all too familiar on adjusting the bands on Electri-Q, this one should be much easier to manipulate, and people who aren't too familiar with equalizing headphones should get the hang of it quickly. You can also save your settings into an editable .xml file. 

 

 

Here's my eq setup for my ad2000mkiv. The bass was equalized to have the same percieved volume from 20Hz-100Hz, and the rest was equalized for neutrality. Sounds awesome. No sibilance, nothing is bright sounding, and everything sounds super lush, warm and natural, just like it is on my Electri-Q setup. 

post #7934 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
 

Well, for the guys that use Electri-Q VST plugin for their EQ, I just recently found a better one to use. It's called EasyQ. It's easier to use, more responsive, and it doesn't crash Foobar like Electri-Q did. Plus you can change the colors. If you weren't all too familiar on adjusting the bands on Electri-Q, this one should be much easier to manipulate, and people who aren't too familiar with equalizing headphones should get the hang of it quickly. You can also save your settings into an editable .xml file. 

 

 

Here's my eq setup for my ad2000mkiv. The bass was equalized to have the same percieved volume from 20Hz-100Hz, and the rest was equalized for neutrality. Sounds awesome. No sibilance, nothing is bright sounding, and everything sounds super lush, warm and natural, just like it is on my Electri-Q setup. 

that's some scary bass 

post #7935 of 11259
Well how do you guys define bass? Atleast in musical terms... I really didn't get the meaning of basshead. Do you mean the bass impact? Or the clarity of Bass instruments such as Double Bass and Tuba? Or Deep bass lover? Please explain frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked