Those are gorgeous cups! They look scratch prone though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
The Basshead Club - Page 528post #7906 of 1115310/24/13 at 12:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7907 of 1115310/24/13 at 12:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by xkonfuzed
Lol what. The HD600 is not analytical and upfront at all. They're about 70% of the HD650 (in terms of sound signature) just with a bit more treble and less midbass. They actually slightly lack detail compared to other mid-fi cans in its price range (K701, DT880, HE-400), so they're not analytical at all. Though i do agree with you on the realism part. Instruments really sound like they do in real life.
Yeah, I found the HD600 mids almost blurred too. It also sounds like there was some unnecessary treble added at 10-20khz, making for a "hifi" sounding highs
But they sound great. With all music.post #7908 of 1115310/24/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
I actually find the HD600 treble to be less emphasized than most other neutral headphones, which tend to have more of a peak at 10khz. This causes upper treble to seem more prominent in comparison on the HD600s though.post #7909 of 1115310/24/13 at 1:44pmQuote:
Tests and FR graphs show that the HD600's have a very even treble response. If you look at the below graph you can see that the HD650 has a slightly pushed up bass and recessed treble compared to the HD600, which illustrates why the HD600 has a more even response. I think that most would say that the HD600 excels at mids.There is no unnecessary treble added, in fact the HD650 has dip. You can see that from the other graphs below that it holds up well to other cans that cost much more.post #7910 of 1115310/24/13 at 2:52pm
Actually they are not. All depends on how you treat them. Certainly not a 'throw in the backpack', you're right about that. But I'm 52 and konw how to take care of stuff like this. I've got the wood cup thing with my D5000 and D7000 so I'm practiced at being careful.post #7911 of 1115310/24/13 at 6:47pmpost #7912 of 1115310/24/13 at 6:50pm
Sorry to double post, I tried the HD800 on the weekend for the first time, and I subjectively found the treble to be a little painful, and the bass was lean. I A/B'd them with some HD 600 (Which I had also never tried) and they seemed to have slightly fuller bass, and smoother (less painful) treble. This was only a short test in a show room, mind you.post #7913 of 1115310/25/13 at 2:15amQuote:
What you describe there is right, hd 600 is actually mean for Classical, Jazz and Acoustic pop. So it will sound somehow wrong on electronic dubstep with lots of piercing highs from sound effect.post #7914 of 1115310/25/13 at 2:17amQuote:Originally Posted by White Lotus
Sorry to double post, I tried the HD800 on the weekend for the first time, and I subjectively found the treble to be a little painful, and the bass was lean. I A/B'd them with some HD 600 (Which I had also never tried) and they seemed to have slightly fuller bass, and smoother (less painful) treble. This was only a short test in a show room, mind you.
How old are you? You must be very young, treble peakiness is affected by your age, I am 18 and I am comfortable with Hd600, but the 800 will give me a deaf slightly piercing treble.post #7915 of 1115310/25/13 at 2:52amQuote:
Yeah they are very dark sounding, but there is some kind of extra "sizzle" at the very top in the treble IMO. That could be explained by that graph where it shows quite a bump at around 15khz. It just makes them sound a bit "polished" to me.post #7916 of 1115310/25/13 at 3:15am
25 years old, and I'm incredibly protective of my hearing.post #7917 of 1115310/25/13 at 11:16pmDouble post: a quick ode to the D5000.
I love how it's a bass cannon, yet so highly regarded in the audiophile world. I find so many "audiophile" grade cans to be very bass-light or lean. I love that a cheeky little bass monster sits comfortably with the "big boys".
Is the LCD2 in the same boat? I've never heard one before.post #7918 of 1115310/26/13 at 1:22amQuote:
LOL. The difference here is.. my wife can share my headphones anytime she wants (she's particularly fond of my V-MODA cans), but I can't share her shoes or clothes. Not that I want to, of course.post #7919 of 1115310/26/13 at 2:47am
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › FS: (PRICE DROP) Schiit Lyr w/ stock tubes and 1960's Tesla ECC88... 4 seconds ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 41 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 58 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 2 minutes ago
- › Why is Amazon (and other vendors) screwing Canadian headphone buyers? 3 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 10 minutes ago
- › [NEW] Nocs NS500 IEM 10 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob