New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 522

post #7816 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post
 

 

The bass on the Skullcrushers isn't very good. It's very muddy, bloated and has no separation. It's just one big wall of bass. The Crushers are a little bit better, but aren't really recommended as basshead cans. The HFI 580 will sound bass shy compared to a Skullcrusher/Crusher, but the low end actually sounds good. When I turn my Crusher's bass level to full, it literally sounds like I'm hearing mud, especially on lower quality MP3 tracks (160 kbps and below).

Sounds like the Ear Pollution Mogul HP [I saw a kid wearing one the other day] :/ very wall of bass sound style 

post #7817 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post
 

 

Thank you!

 

Is that right?:  "However, I would also not say their clarity and resolution is NOT up to audiophile levels."

 

That means that they are up to audiophile levels.


Apologies for the double-negative.  :bigsmile_face:   Just to confirm, the AH-D300's clarity and resolution is NOT up to audiophile levels.  However, their bass is so good, they are still a fun listen and sound good enough throughout the range to be enjoyable, even though I have become a more critical listener.


Edited by Craigster75 - 10/19/13 at 4:36am
post #7818 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

How do those compare the the skullcandy skullcrushers?

In terms of amount of bass. Im recommending the d300's to a friend who has those. I had him listen to my hfi 580's with the fiio e11 eq set to 2.

He said he thought there was no bass whatsoever -.-


I would say the bass of the AH-D300 is more powerful than even an over-ear like the M-Audio Q40.  They have a similar sound signature from what I remember of the Q40, but the Q40 has better resolution and bigger soundstage.  Also, the Q40 really needs an amp to shine.  The AH-D300 can easily achieve its potential without an amp.

post #7819 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


I would say the bass of the AH-D300 is more powerful than even an over-ear like the M-Audio Q40.  They have a similar sound signature from what I remember of the Q40, but the Q40 has better resolution and bigger soundstage.  Also, the Q40 really needs an amp to shine.  The AH-D300 can easily achieve its potential without an amp.

Agree!
post #7820 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post
 

 

Thank you!

 

Is that right?:  "However, I would also not say their clarity and resolution is NOT up to audiophile levels."

 

That means that they are up to audiophile levels.


Apologies for the double-negative.  :bigsmile_face:   Just to confirm, the AH-D300's clarity and resolution is NOT up to audiophile levels.  However, their bass is so good, they are still a fun listen and sound good enough throughout the range to be enjoyable, even though I have become a more critical listener.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

How do those compare the the skullcandy skullcrushers?

In terms of amount of bass. Im recommending the d300's to a friend who has those. I had him listen to my hfi 580's with the fiio e11 eq set to 2.

He said he thought there was no bass whatsoever -.-


I would say the bass of the AH-D300 is more powerful than even an over-ear like the M-Audio Q40.  They have a similar sound signature from what I remember of the Q40, but the Q40 has better resolution and bigger soundstage.  Also, the Q40 really needs an amp to shine.  The AH-D300 can easily achieve its potential without an amp.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


I would say the bass of the AH-D300 is more powerful than even an over-ear like the M-Audio Q40.  They have a similar sound signature from what I remember of the Q40, but the Q40 has better resolution and bigger soundstage.  Also, the Q40 really needs an amp to shine.  The AH-D300 can easily achieve its potential without an amp.

Agree!

 

Thank you!

 

It is AH-C300 and not AH-D300 in these posts.

 

How do the mids and highs compare to the mids and highs of the Yamaha EPH-100?


Edited by Alberto01 - 10/19/13 at 8:46am
post #7821 of 11107
Oops. My bad lol i dont even think there is a d300, the c300 is what i meant wink.gif
post #7822 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you!

 

It is AH-C300 and not AH-D300 in these posts.

 

How do the mids and highs compare to the mids and highs of the Yamaha EPH-100?


Sorry, no comparison there.  It is more difficult to compare IEMs vs. circumaural and supra-aural based on the ear wax factor.

post #7823 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post

 

Thank you!

 

It is AH-C300 and not AH-D300 in these posts.

 

How do the mids and highs compare to the mids and highs of the Yamaha EPH-100?


Sorry, no comparison there.  It is more difficult to compare IEMs vs. circumaural and supra-aural based on the ear wax factor.

 

AFAIK the EPH-100 are IEMs:

 

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-EPH-100SL-Inner-Ear-Headphone/dp/B00591GIMY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1382214002&sr=1-1&keywords=eph+100

post #7824 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Sounds like the Ear Pollution Mogul HP [I saw a kid wearing one the other day] :/ very wall of bass sound style 

 

Yup. These look like headphones that Steve Aoki would use. Pretty tacky design.

 

At least Skullcandy's taking the  road to achieving better sound - the Aviators and Mix Master Mike are pretty good headphones.

post #7825 of 11107

Aside from the Denon AH-C300, what other IEM's are near its performance? The fitting is kinda bugging me. 

post #7826 of 11107
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharken View Post
 

Aside from the Denon AH-C300, what other IEM's are near its performance? The fitting is kinda bugging me. 


Only by reputation, Velodyn VPulse

post #7827 of 11107
I hope someone has first hand experience on the vpulse
post #7828 of 11107

If you have faith in Cnet reviews of the vpulse, then you can take a look at this video

post #7829 of 11107

I just read it but still hoping someone to chime in. 

 

Anyway, I was also thinking about the headphones vs IEM issue. Aside from comfort (and fittings), how do they compare in bass performance? I mean, for me IEM has excellent noise cancellation because of total blockage in the ear. I haven't used a headphone before but I am thinking of buying one. For more or less $100, what good headphones has excellent bass performance and clarity?

post #7830 of 11107

Is there no topic about new headphones or that are coming out soon....?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home