New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 521  

post #7801 of 11259

I've found the XB920s to destroy my XB500 and XB700s in sub bass. The XB500s are a muddy nightmare with midbass bloat, the XB700s really cleaned that up. The instanely visceral sub bass from dubstep alone using the XB920s makes them a super fun headphone, without needing EQ.

post #7802 of 11259

The XB920 packs really strong midbass too. Midbass isn't only making stuff muddy, that's a problem XB500 packs due to having 15dB boost up to 300Hz which is more lower-mids than bass, that 200-300Hz range 15dB boost especially muddens up on XB500 but midbass' most important range is especially 80 - 150Hz that the XB920 packs really a lot of and problems arises when the bass boost doesn't start to roll-off before at least 200Hz. 


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 10/18/13 at 10:28am
post #7803 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
 

The XB920 packs really strong midbass too. Midbass isn't only making stuff muddy, that's a problem XB500 packs due to having 15dB boost up to 300Hz which is more lower-mids than bass, that 200-300Hz range 15dB boost especially muddens up on XB500 but midbass' most important range is especially 80 - 150Hz that the XB920 packs really a lot of. 

how do they compare to the XB1000 

post #7804 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

how do they compare to the XB1000 


Haven't tried those. Only seen some meaurements. :p

post #7805 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docks View Post
 

I've found the XB920s to destroy my XB500 and XB700s in sub bass. The XB500s are a muddy nightmare with midbass bloat, the XB700s really cleaned that up. The instanely visceral sub bass from dubstep alone using the XB920s makes them a super fun headphone, without needing EQ.

 

Is the XB920 the same as the XB910 and the XB900? I can't find a major difference between the 3, except for color, and the cable connection.

 

Sony's headphone naming strategy can be really confusing; just look at their laptop and smartphone range.

post #7806 of 11259

I like a lot of bass.  But, I am an audiophilic basshead (audiohpile + basshead).  I have been thinking about getting the DENON AH-C300.  But I am wary about the possibility of muddines or mids that are quite bassy.  I want clean mids and sweet highs just like you find in non-bassy IEMs, but with the added bass.  Do the AH-C300 meet these requirements?

post #7807 of 11259
Alberto, get a signature dj :3
post #7808 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

Alberto, get a signature dj :3

 

I've always wanted those. $$$!

post #7809 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post

I like a lot of bass.  But, I am an audiophilic basshead (audiohpile + basshead).  I have been thinking about getting the DENON AH-C300.  But I am wary about the possibility of muddines or mids that are quite bassy.  I want clean mids and sweet highs just like you find in non-bassy IEMs, but with the added bass.  Do the AH-C300 meet these requirements?

Craigster has them I believe and raves about the quality overall and bass.
post #7810 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post
 

I like a lot of bass.  But, I am an audiophilic basshead (audiohpile + basshead).  I have been thinking about getting the DENON AH-C300.  But I am wary about the possibility of muddines or mids that are quite bassy.  I want clean mids and sweet highs just like you find in non-bassy IEMs, but with the added bass.  Do the AH-C300 meet these requirements?


The bass is huge and can be overpowering which is how they are designed, but considering the volume of bass there isn't too much midrange bleed.  However, I would also not say their clarity and resolution is NOT up to audiophile levels.  I like them because they have a huge low end with decent overall tonality and aren't dark like the XB series.  My B&W C5's have greater clarity, but not the same bass volume.

post #7811 of 11259
How do those compare the the skullcandy skullcrushers?

In terms of amount of bass. Im recommending the d300's to a friend who has those. I had him listen to my hfi 580's with the fiio e11 eq set to 2.

He said he thought there was no bass whatsoever -.-
post #7812 of 11259

As far as budget, would like to stay under 300-400 I can swing with no problem, give or take a few bucks. My main concern is that they hit and hit hard, I want to beable to hear bass that shakes your head. Now I know I cant have headphones that produce as much as a car, but I am use to have 4 12's in my car, I like bass and lots of it. I got the music in my collection that has the bass I like, now I just need some iem's that will play the music I have.

post #7813 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post
 

I like a lot of bass.  But, I am an audiophilic basshead (audiohpile + basshead).  I have been thinking about getting the DENON AH-C300.  But I am wary about the possibility of muddines or mids that are quite bassy.  I want clean mids and sweet highs just like you find in non-bassy IEMs, but with the added bass.  Do the AH-C300 meet these requirements?


The bass is huge and can be overpowering which is how they are designed, but considering the volume of bass there isn't too much midrange bleed.  However, I would also not say their clarity and resolution is NOT up to audiophile levels.  I like them because they have a huge low end with decent overall tonality and aren't dark like the XB series.  My B&W C5's have greater clarity, but not the same bass volume.

 

Thank you!

 

Is that right?:  "However, I would also not say their clarity and resolution is NOT up to audiophile levels."

 

That means that they are up to audiophile levels.  Is that what you meant to say?


Edited by Alberto01 - 10/19/13 at 8:40am
post #7814 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

How do those compare the the skullcandy skullcrushers?

In terms of amount of bass. Im recommending the d300's to a friend who has those. I had him listen to my hfi 580's with the fiio e11 eq set to 2.

He said he thought there was no bass whatsoever -.-

 

I tried the hfi 580's (well dj1) and didn't find them bassy myself

post #7815 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

How do those compare the the skullcandy skullcrushers?

In terms of amount of bass. Im recommending the d300's to a friend who has those. I had him listen to my hfi 580's with the fiio e11 eq set to 2.

He said he thought there was no bass whatsoever -.-

 

The bass on the Skullcrushers isn't very good. It's very muddy, bloated and has no separation. It's just one big wall of bass. The Crushers are a little bit better, but aren't really recommended as basshead cans. The HFI 580 will sound bass shy compared to a Skullcrusher/Crusher, but the low end actually sounds good. When I turn my Crusher's bass level to full, it literally sounds like I'm hearing mud, especially on lower quality MP3 tracks (160 kbps and below).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked