or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 513  

post #7681 of 11259

Well I'm definitely not swimming with my clothes on.

In answer to your question, I'm sure you have come to the right place, to get some XB500 comparisons. 

Be patient, and the bass templars will come.

post #7682 of 11259
I'm not familiar with the sound of the XB500 but the Amperior, D2000, M100, M Audio Q40 are the few names always calls out here. I have heard the first three and they are bass heavy no doubt. Too much for me actually but I'm a mild basshead only.
post #7683 of 11259

 

i own an m-100 and dt 770 (its the 250 ohm version though) but i dont listen to the same music as you do, so im not too sure.

 

for edm, the m-100 are definitely a good option. q40 is also a good option recommended here often, but i have no personal experience to share. whats your budget?

post #7684 of 11259

 About 300 euro, no more....my SG S mp3 player 5.0 was cheaper :p

post #7685 of 11259

Actually I don't think you'll find nothing with such big bass (and warm and muddy as hell) as the XB500s... Most of the bass-head cans usually recommended (M100, Q40s, etc.) are big bass capable but not like the XB500s... BUT BUT, they are all just better regarding clarity, detail, etc...

post #7686 of 11259

I need a closed version of my HE 400... any thoughts? Thinking D2 or D5k atm, but what ever I get I'd like to have at least as much sound stage as my Modded W1000x, or close to the K550 

post #7687 of 11259

Bear with me. Today is a bad bass day. Very bad. One of those days that you think to yourself, my toys are straight garbage and that's where all of it belongs! There. It's out so let me get to the point.

 

My problem is the puddle of mud called low-end coming from my DT 880 with J$ pads. Does anyone here actively use or know the combination? Now -to be clear- without the pads the 880's are not worthy to me, meaning tiny bass and completely out of the question listening to. But where I first was super happy with the results from these pads I am now crying. Maybe because I am listening to dub-techno more these days with it's deep bass which makes the mid-high spectrum take a seat or I have become more aware of what I like to hear. Whatever it is, too much of my music just sounds garbled to me. Ugly mushy €1 worth piece of kit. A little eq-ing does help but I think what I really ''need'' is a different headphone. I probably like the Amperior's signature most of the headphones I have heard for electronic music. It's sound is tight, hard hitting, no harshness to my ears with more than decent bass but, it does not reach deep. And bass must reach deep. That's what I want for my desktop setup (Uber-Bi/Valhalla). Ideas about what to look for? Someone described the HE-400 as ''audiophile bass''' which grabbed my attention but do the bassheads (up in heeere) feel that the HiFiman goes deep?

 

An other scenario that I thought of is trying out a brighter dac/amp like the o2 combo or magni/modi. Maybe that would counter the mud? Valhalla is a tube amp after all.


Edited by moriez - 10/10/13 at 8:13am
post #7688 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriez View Post
 

Bear with me. Today is a bad bass day. Very bad. One of those days that you think to yourself, my toys are straight garbage and that's where all of it belongs! There. It's out so let me get to the point.

 

My problem is the puddle of mud called low-end coming from my DT 880 with J$ pads. Does anyone here actively use or know the combination? Now -to be clear- without the pads the 880's are not worthy to me, meaning tiny bass and completely out of the question listening to. But where I first was super happy with the results from these pads I am now crying. Maybe because I am listening to dub-techno more these days with it's deep bass which makes the mid-high spectrum take a seat or I have become more aware of what I like to hear. Whatever it is, too much of my music just sounds garbled to me. Ugly mushy €1 worth piece of kit. A little eq-ing does help but I think what I really ''need'' is a different headphone. I probably like the Amperior's signature most of the headphones I have heard for electronic music. It's sound is tight, hard hitting, no harshness to my ears with more than decent bass but, it does not reach deep. And bass must reach deep. That's want I want for my desktop setup (Uber-Bi/Valhalla). Ideas about what to look for? Someone described the HE-400 as ''audiophile bass''' which grabbed my attention but do the bassheads (up in heeere) feel that the HiFiman goes deep?

 

An other scenario that I thought of is trying out a brighter dac/amp like the o2 combo or magni/modi. Maybe that would counter the mud? Valhalla is a tube amp after all.


Save time and trouble, max out your credit card and go for the Ultrasone Signature DJ.

post #7689 of 11259

Decisive answer! It's out of my monetary league though. Try half of that new price?

post #7690 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriez View Post
 

Decisive answer! It's out of my monetary league though. Try half of that new price?


My "go to" in a mid-range closed portable that balances impactful bass with overall excellent SQ is always the M-100.  Another decisive answer :cool:

post #7691 of 11259

Badaboom! Sweet, will check that one out. Thanks man.

 

Other recommendations still most welcome.

post #7692 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


My "go to" in a mid-range closed portable that balances impactful bass with overall excellent SQ is always the M-100.  Another decisive answer cool.gif

I'm no master audiophile, but I second the M100. Tight, clean bass with some boom that isn't overpowering. Get it!
post #7693 of 11259

-


Edited by Craigster75 - 10/10/13 at 12:35pm
post #7694 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriez View Post
 

Decisive answer! It's out of my monetary league though. Try half of that new price?


Ultrasone Pro900 is a great solution, to my ears just a bit better than the M-100 in bass.  Nothing touches Pro900 bass and I have an arsenal of bass weaponry................

post #7695 of 11259
U still need to try the signature dj :3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked