New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 511  

post #7651 of 11259

Any1 tested the "Boomphones" yet. May sound like another gimmick headphone but seems to sound at least decent while not having "Beats-like" bass but a bit less and much better bass quality. 

 

This is the first headphone to be able to go into "Boombox" mode by switching to another pair of speakers that are positioned on the back of the cups pointing outwards instead with a click of a button. When listening to it as a headphone it seems to isolate decently both outside and from inside though. It has a built in-amp and it has a rechargable battery that charges via USB and allows around 10 hrs (headphone mode) and 5 hrs boombox playtime. All this for $150. 

 

EDIT: it appearently can also be used as a portable amp. lol

 

http://www.boomphones.com/product/matte-black

 


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 10/7/13 at 7:34am
post #7652 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSyde View Post
 

 

Sorry... punctuation/grammar FLT.  Yes, I'm going there.

 

sorry, i wrote that in a bit of a hurry... whats FLT by the way?

post #7653 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
 

Any1 tested the "Boomphones" yet. May sound like another gimmick headphone but seems to sound at least decent while not having "Beats-like" bass but a bit less and much better bass quality. 

 

This is the first headphone to be able to go into "Boombox" mode by switching to another pair of speakers that are positioned on the back of the cups pointing outwards instead with a click of a button. When listening to it as a headphone it seems to isolate decently both outside and from inside though. It has a built in-amp and it has a rechargable battery that charges via USB and allows around 10 hrs (headphone mode) and 5 hrs boombox playtime. All this for $150. 

 

EDIT: it appearently can also be used as a portable amp. lol

 

http://www.boomphones.com/product/matte-black

lol what an off-putting term. When I hear boombox, quality bass is the last thing that comes to mind

post #7654 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

lol what an off-putting term. When I hear boombox, quality bass is the last thing that comes to mind

 

Perhaps, but my childhood was in the late 80's/early 90's and I still want that giant boombox I never got for Christmas   lol

post #7655 of 11259
Well, those Boomphones do look sexy I must admit. And of course there's no way they'd sound as good as they look. Are there any reviews of them here?
post #7656 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post
 

 

sorry, i wrote that in a bit of a hurry... whats FLT by the way?

 

No worries.  You may have made some good points but when I see bad grammar, I'm out.

 

FTL = http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FTL

post #7657 of 11259

A bass-heads thoughts on the "Mr Speakers Mad Dogs"?

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

I'm still after that super-flat bass response, so still looking at planar dynamic. These seem cheaper than the HE-400s.

post #7658 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

A bass-heads thoughts on the "Mr Speakers Mad Dogs"?

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

I'm still after that super-flat bass response, so still looking at planar dynamic. These seem cheaper than the HE-400s.

 

Not a bass-head approved can... Sorry.

post #7659 of 11259

The search continues! 

post #7660 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

A bass-heads thoughts on the "Mr Speakers Mad Dogs"?


 
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90



I'm still after that super-flat bass response, so still looking at planar dynamic. These seem cheaper than the HE-400s.

As gelocks said, not a basshead can. That said, I do have high hopes the AD, fed by a vintage amp, has enough to satisfy. Skeptical but hopeful. Yet not holding my breath.
post #7661 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


As gelocks said, not a basshead can. That said, I do have high hopes the AD, fed by a vintage amp, has enough to satisfy. Skeptical but hopeful. Yet not holding my breath.

Based on what I have read on the Alpha Dog thread, the AD has even less bass.

post #7662 of 11259

Maybe for the flat-bass for under $500 seekers, the HE-400 is the way to go?

 

I have to admit, I'm still wary about pulling the trigger on the HE-400. Everytime I do, I worry about the reports of painful sibilance. 

I just want a headphone with great sub-bass, as well as mid-bass.

post #7663 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Maybe for the flat-bass for under $500 seekers, the HE-400 is the way to go?

 

I have to admit, I'm still wary about pulling the trigger on the HE-400. Everytime I do, I worry about the reports of painful sibilance. 

I just want a headphone with great sub-bass, as well as mid-bass.

 

IGNORE these reports, slap on the pleather pads and the Sibilance might disappear but REMEMBER there is a rumor or theory that sibilance is based on the shape of your ear, some people have an ear that resonnates with some high frequancies causing you to hear Sibilance, others [like my self] do not... that and I am a Treble head q.q 

post #7664 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Maybe for the flat-bass for under $500 seekers, the HE-400 is the way to go?

 

I have to admit, I'm still wary about pulling the trigger on the HE-400. Everytime I do, I worry about the reports of painful sibilance. 

I just want a headphone with great sub-bass, as well as mid-bass.

Have you tried the M-100?  I just upgraded to their new XL pads and love the comfort and sonic changes.

post #7665 of 11259

I have been listening HE400 with velour pads and default cable for a year and I never heard any sibilance. I listened the he-400 a follow:

 

Deadbeef > STX > HE-400

Deadbeef > STX > EF-5 > HE-400

Deadbeef > STX (optical output) > NuForce DAC-100 > HE-400

Deadbeef > STX (optical output) > NuForce DAC-100 > EF-5 > HE-400

HM-602 > HE-400

AIMP3 > HM-602 (USB) > HE-400

 

for me, he-400 does the job very well.


Edited by manzana - 10/9/13 at 5:22am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked