New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 509  

post #7621 of 11259

If only it was in YouTube HD for better bitrate.

post #7622 of 11259

Check this out... AtrioX for $20 on TigerDirect.com:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=505202&CatId=6053

 

I owned the original Atrios years ago and sold them.  They're absolute bass-monsters.  There is a slight veil over the presentation which reminds me a bit of the Sennheiser HD600/650 but without all of the resolution, separation and expansive soundstage... OK, they're really nothing like them except for the tonal characteristics.

 

The AtrioX shares the same MG5 driver from the original Atrio.  When the Atrio MG7 driver came out Future Sonics released the AtrioX to sell more of the older MG5 driver.  I've listened to both the MG5 and MG7 and they're very-very similar.

 

If you have $20 plus shipping you have to buy these at least to test-out.  I purchased 2 boxes just to have a second set since they're so cheap.

 

Enjoy!

post #7623 of 11259

Guys, 

 

This is probably one of the best price I've seen lately on the Sig DJs:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/683387/fs-ultrasone-signature-dj-low-price-for-quick-sale

 

If you are in the UK, grab them (or ask him if he ships everywhere!).

$730 + shipping is a steal me says... ;-)

post #7624 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadAmp View Post


Decent little bass test.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnnW View Post
 

 

YEA DEEP bass but ugh... what boring music. 

post #7625 of 11259

Hey guys, I haven't thought into getting headphones in a while but I thought I would give it a go. Right now (and for the past 2 years) I've had the Bose AE2s, they're super comfy and somewhat bassy but I want something with more in the subbass range and better highs. I find myself turning on the Bass Boost function of my E10 pretty often, especially for Rap and some Dubstep.

 

$300 is about the highest I'll spend, so far I've been considering the M-100s, Pro 900s, and maybe some others. If anybody has any ideas/thoughts about it that would be great!

post #7626 of 11259
Look at the sennheiser momentums, ue6000, sony mdr1r. Some of the leading headphones right now...plus they pack punch. Ue6000 is a good buy if you are looking for looks+sq.
post #7627 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper0012 View Post

Look at the sennheiser momentums, ue6000, sony mdr1r. Some of the leading headphones right now...plus they pack punch. Ue6000 is a good buy if you are looking for looks+sq.

 

Not looking for the NC part, although I did read their passive mode was good. How do the Momentums compare with the M100s?

post #7628 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJam View Post
 

 

Not looking for the NC part, although I did read their passive mode was good. How do the Momentums compare with the M100s?

 

Are you using these on the go or at home, if you are open to open cans, the HE 400 is at the lowest $300

 

Also you could try the Dt 990 as well for a cool $125

 

Also I enjoy my all my EDM with a +4 boost in foo bar, no matter what can they all get the boost [except the w1000x]

 

Oh hey try the w1000x, VARY hard to find for $300 BUT it is the one headphone in which I NEVER use the bass boost... as it makes them sound kinda bad imo, like flabby and just yucky 

post #7629 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

Are you using these on the go or at home, if you are open to open cans, the HE 400 is at the lowest $300

 

Also you could try the Dt 990 as well for a cool $125

 

Also I enjoy my all my EDM with a +4 boost in foo bar, no matter what can they all get the boost [except the w1000x]

 

Oh hey try the w1000x, VARY hard to find for $300 BUT it is the one headphone in which I NEVER use the bass boost... as it makes them sound kinda bad imo, like flabby and just yucky 

 

Gonna need closed cans, I'll be using them at home and on the go, also for college next year I'd like to have something closed just to be courteous to my roommates. I was interested in the HE-400 but open cans don't seem to be an option for me.

post #7630 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJam View Post
 

 

Gonna need closed cans, I'll be using them at home and on the go, also for college next year I'd like to have something closed just to be courteous to my roommates. I was interested in the HE-400 but open cans don't seem to be an option for me.

You could pick up a used Denon AH-D2000.

post #7631 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper0012 View Post

sony mdr1r.

 

I was very disappointed with the bass in these. Very lean, and very little sub-bass IMHO. 

 

Images of them make them look weighty and lovely, but they felt very plasticky and cheap-feeling to me.

 

I also fell over when I saw the price-tag.

 

Your mileage may vary. 

post #7632 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Over My Head View Post
 

You could pick up a used Denon AH-D2000.

 

That's an awesome can, but it might be a little hard to find at a good price.  It's about $325 on Amazon right now, and that's used (when I got mine for about $250 new).  Ever since they closed production on that series, prices have skyrocketed.

post #7633 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcan View Post
 

 

That's an awesome can, but it might be a little hard to find at a good price.  It's about $325 on Amazon right now, and that's used (when I got mine for about $250 new).  Ever since they closed production on that series, prices have skyrocketed.

I got ripped off:(

 

Paid $550 at Harvey Norman (scumbag Aus electronics chain store). That was after I haggled them down from $650.

 

$325 used (but in good nick) seems like a good price (to me at least:), but $250 new is unbelievable value.

post #7634 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Over My Head View Post
 

I got ripped off:(

 

Paid $550 at Harvey Norman (scumbag Aus electronics chain store). That was after I haggled them down from $650.

 

$325 used (but in good nick) seems like a good price (to me at least:), but $250 new is unbelievable value.

 

EWww ouch. That is why I like to buy my cans here on head fi >.> we have a strict "No resale for profit" rule 

post #7635 of 11259

Has anyone mentioned the Aurisonics ASG-1? Or any Aurisonics product? I've got a pair of the ASG-1 (3rd revision) and they have pretty damn good, strong bass, though not overpowering. I'd consider it a basshead IEM.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked