New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 503

post #7531 of 11143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

No actually it does cause discomfort. I get Bass Head Aches from too much fat bass 
lol well not for me
post #7532 of 11143
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post


lol well not for me

 

hence is why I prefer open bass, closed just... ugh get's yuky 

 
the w1000x had to have it's bass REDUCED q.q 
post #7533 of 11143

Let's be careful about the "distance from the ear" reasoning - 

 

We should remember that the drivers that do the most damage to our hearing generally (Live PA systems) are often listened to from over 10 meters away. 

 

Perhaps there is some kind of pressure issue with IEM's that can damage hearing that I wasn't aware of?

post #7534 of 11143
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Let's be careful about the "distance from the ear" reasoning - 

 

We should remember that the drivers that do the most damage to our hearing generally (Live PA systems) are often listened to from over 10 meters away. 

 

Perhaps there is some kind of pressure issue with IEM's that can damage hearing that I wasn't aware of?

Good point

 

SO any one up for a game of Sanctum [1] and some EDM? 

post #7535 of 11143
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post


lol well not for me

 

Same here, I've never felt discomfort from bass, guess that's why I'm a basshead. :p I mean I can listen with bass literally tickling my skin on my ears from the impact but I enjoy that sensation. Bass volume is loud but mids and highs are fairly average at most due to my Q40 + ZO2.1 @ lvl ~10 or so combo. One thing to remember though bass isn't playing constantly but as beats while mids & highs are more "constant" so it gives your ears breaks every now and then.

I can't stand sibilance on the other hand, that makes me quickly stop/turn down vol.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 9/22/13 at 2:20pm
post #7536 of 11143
Thread Starter 
There was an article on Inner Fidelity about the potential for extra damage with an IEM ages ago. Something to do with the seal
post #7537 of 11143

For live PA systems it's just the sheer volume that kills your hearing. Most people don't listen to headphones or IEMs at anywhere near the same loudness as a low budget live concert.

 

For me the most painful frequency range is around 6k - too much emphasis there is unbearable. I don't mind some extra sparkle north of 10k. And while too much bass can ruin the sound for me, it's never uncomfortable.

post #7538 of 11143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post

There was an article on Inner Fidelity about the potential for extra damage with an IEM ages ago. Something to do with the seal

 

Thanks much, point and case iem's make ya go deaf faster... FULL SIZE OPEN FOR LIFE xD 

post #7539 of 11143

Sorry, just to backtrack a little - 

 

I don't know why, but I really, really want some planar magnetic headphones. Honestly I don't know why. I'm tempted to get some T50RP and do some mods.

 

But, they are definitely not known for their bass - apart from the "Smeggy Thunderpants" mod. I've seen it mentioned in this thread somewhere.

 

The list of materials for the mod are as follows:

 

Quote:

Cups

Baffles

Sealing tape

Eyelets

Wire

Sleeve

Shrink wrap

Plug

Brackets

Screws

Grommets

Hanger blocks

Head strap

Damping materials


(Taken from here: http://home.comcast.net/~garybutcher/Thunderpants_TP1/Kits.html)

I wonder if transplanting those drivers into another enclosure could produce some warm, flat, strong bass. 

(Somehow I doubt it :( )

post #7540 of 11143
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Sorry, just to backtrack a little - 

 

I don't know why, but I really, really want some planar magnetic headphones. Honestly I don't know why. I'm tempted to get some T50RP and do some mods.

 

But, they are definitely not known for their bass - apart from the "Smeggy Thunderpants" mod. I've seen it mentioned in this thread somewhere.

 

The list of materials for the mod are as follows:

 


(Taken from here: http://home.comcast.net/~garybutcher/Thunderpants_TP1/Kits.html)

I wonder if transplanting those drivers into another enclosure could produce some warm, flat, strong bass. 

(Somehow I doubt it :( )

 

You never know, the Smeggys are in wood right? A wood cup should give a nice sound, but I just like the sound of wood over plastic or metal when it comes to Closed Headphones [that said I had to mod a little of the woody resonnace out of my w1000x so it's not perfect] 

post #7541 of 11143
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Sorry, just to backtrack a little - 

 

I don't know why, but I really, really want some planar magnetic headphones. Honestly I don't know why. I'm tempted to get some T50RP and do some mods.

 

But, they are definitely not known for their bass - apart from the "Smeggy Thunderpants" mod. I've seen it mentioned in this thread somewhere.

 

The list of materials for the mod are as follows:

 


(Taken from here: http://home.comcast.net/~garybutcher/Thunderpants_TP1/Kits.html)

I wonder if transplanting those drivers into another enclosure could produce some warm, flat, strong bass. 

(Somehow I doubt it :( )

 

Contact Armaegis... He has done a bunch of transplants such as:
 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/648893/ortho-transplant-t50rp-drivers-into-v-moda-crossfade-lots-of-pictures

 

He should have an answer for you... but I do doubt that the Fostex drivers might bring the "thumb" and speed a "basshead" needs. (proud owner of MrSpeakers Mad Dogs and coming soon the Alpha Dogs! ;))

post #7542 of 11143

I plan on picking up a pair of the modded fostex's as well (mad dogs), although they are notoriously non- basshead cans. I think that they'll be just fine as a basshead can for me, zo+amp makes everything ive tried a bass cannon :)  I'll report back if I pick them up b4 u.

post #7543 of 11143
So i think im gonna get the signature dj... The th600 seems like it has better clarity/sounstage but isolation and bass impact sound too awesome to pass up ._.
post #7544 of 11143
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

So i think im gonna get the signature dj... The th600 seems like it has better clarity/sounstage but isolation and bass impact sound too awesome to pass up ._.

 

Do IT!!!

We need more Sig DJ owners here!!! ;)

post #7545 of 11143
Oh yes man, go for it.......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home