New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 492  

post #7366 of 11259

Sennheiser - Bass? Lol, forget it. Those 2 names are not associated :p


Edited by Dominus - 9/6/13 at 2:05pm
post #7367 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
 

Sennheiser - Bass? Lol, forget it. Those 2 names are not associated :p

IE8's beg to differ. HD25 put out good bass as well (they say).

post #7368 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisxx View Post
 

IE8's beg to differ. HD25 put out good bass as well (they say).

 

Forgot the IE8's, those are bass monsters, anyways I was talking about headphones.

 

I have auditioned the HD25 and did not think its a basshead can at all.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

Honestly skip these crappy "Generation Beats" XB cans, get your self an XB700 or XB1000 if you REALLY want some bass

 

I would rather get the XB500 over the XB700. I've had both. Know nothing about the XB1000s though.


Edited by Dominus - 9/6/13 at 5:13pm
post #7369 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisxx View Post
 

 HD25 put out good bass as well (they say).

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
 

 

Forgot the IE8's, those are bass monsters, anyways I was talking about headphones.

 

I have auditioned the HD25 and did not think its a basshead can at all.

 

 

I would rather get the XB500 over the XB700. I've had both. Know nothing about the XB1000s though.

 

The 500 is too muddy, the 700 has a simple mod to it that opens it up and brings it some nice clarity and keeps all that SUB BASS, the XB1000 is the PUNCH of the 500 and the Clarity and Slam of the 700, it combines both, but does neither Sub Bass or Mid Bass as well as either [which honeslty is fine because it's the END ALL sony bass can] In addition the 500 has like +2db of mid over the 1000. and the 700 has like 3db of Sub over the 1000. so they are all like +15dbs of bass 

 

Again get the 1000 and enjoy 

 

Last... THE HD25 is most DEFINATLY a bass head can... that bass is WAY to big an powerful to not be also welcome :D 

post #7370 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
 

Does anybody know if the Sony XB910 is any better than the XB800 sound quality wise? Theres a $50 price difference.

 

They sound pretty much the same to me. I think the XB910 is just a nicer looking XB800 with a detachable cable. Most of the specs are the same. In fact, I was about to get the XB910 myself, but since I couldn't really tell it apart from the XB800, I decided to give it a miss.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Last... THE HD25 is most DEFINATLY a bass head can... that bass is WAY to big an powerful to not be also welcome :D 

 

I've had a change of heart of late. I actually think the HD 25-1 II is a really good basshead can after all. It's not very heavy in the low end, but it has enough presence and relative detail to make most of my EDM tracks shine.

post #7371 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post
 

 

I've had a change of heart of late. I actually think the HD 25-1 II is a really good basshead can after all. It's not very heavy in the low end, but it has enough presence and relative detail to make most of my EDM tracks shine.

Agree'd the HD25 is a nice sounding can, but it was too small for me [and I mean teh sound stage was too small] 

post #7372 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

Well, it's not just sound.
It's build, removable cables, pouch, etc. etc. so 4x price is not that bad... but the differences are palpable... You start getting into the "diminishing return" thingie when going up a bit... (i.e. the Yamaha Pro 500, Ultrasone Pro 900, etc. against Denon D5000, Signature DJs, etc.)


Go cheaper for your first try out... 
If you don't like them, you can always give them to someone in your family! ;-)
Just remember that the Pannies LEAK OUT a lot of sound, the M-Audio don't... Other than that, try them... 

The htf's are on their way. Gonna try them out and eventually upgrade to the q40

Do the htf's benefit much from pad upgrades? Anything I should do other than burn in?
post #7373 of 11259
Are the SOMiC EFi-82MT's included in the list?
They actually have a little more bass than my 'Sones do.
post #7374 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplz View Post


The htf's are on their way. Gonna try them out and eventually upgrade to the q40

Do the htf's benefit much from pad upgrades? Anything I should do other than burn in?

Absolutely.  The Beyerdynamic DT250 pads (may have that model wrong) definitely help them a lot. Let me know if you're interested and I'll look up the number.  It's a velour model that is very firm.  Have them on mine. 

post #7375 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

Absolutely.  The Beyerdynamic DT250 pads (may have that model wrong) definitely help them a lot. Let me know if you're interested and I'll look up the number.  It's a velour model that is very firm.  Have them on mine. 

 

those are as much as the headphones! haha what about the shure 840 pads?

post #7376 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplz View Post

those are as much as the headphones! haha what about the shure 840 pads?

Lol......

Not sure if they are too big. Maybe worth a try for $12.
post #7377 of 11259
Just purchased rp htx7 panasonics for my sister and i was NOT expecting it to have that much bass. These certainly have mid/sub bass prescence...great buy for 40$ at canadacomputers. Looks much better than other sub 40 headphones...there are my sisters after all...and you know girls wink.gif
post #7378 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper0012 View Post

Just purchased rp htx7 panasonics for my sister and i was NOT expecting it to have that much bass. These certainly have mid/sub bass prescence...great buy for 40$ at canadacomputers. Looks much better than other sub 40 headphones...there are my sisters after all...and you know girls wink.gif

 

The design reminds me of the Momentum... except less classy
post #7379 of 11259
So I tried the new Beats Studio today, and they're quite an improvement over the previous one. I still wouldn't say that they're good for the price though. Beats are slowly catching up, my prediction is that in three years or so we'll be seeing an actual decent headphone from them biggrin.gif
post #7380 of 11259

The HD25ii has heaps of midbass - that's where DJ's need them, to be able to beatmatch properly. They also isolate really well. Not so great for sub-bass, however. 

Aside from those and the IE8's (and probably a few others I'm missing out on), I'd generally not consider Sennheiser as a competitor in the Basshead club. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked