Why am I inexplicably gravitating towards the JVC SZ-2000? I'm looking for headphones for work so they have to be closed and they have to be very comfortable. Should I be looking at something else that's cheaper? This is a basshead thread so you know what I'm looking for sound signature-wise...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 12:24 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 486
Gear mentioned in this thread:
1 more recommendation (I can't believe I forgot about these, seeing as I'm going to revisit them since I have new gear) the Pro700mk2 has been highly touted by bassheads here. They are stylish (pretty much everyone likes them over the q40's in the looks department, bht I strangely fing the q40's nice).
But then again... The only time ive ever felt bass from headphones was when i got my hfi 580's, and thats from someone who upgraded from an xb500 lol.
Guess my brain just decides to ignore crappy bass xD
Any suggestions other than the ue6000? I think they look amazing and the value is there along with great sq and bass. Just wondering if there are any "nice-looking" headphones out there for about the same amount of money.
1 more thing snyper. Although the answer to this is likely a NO due to beats as the headphone of choice, is your cousin using an amp? If not it may be why the bass on your xb90's are vastly superior to him (though I'm pretty certain they actually are). I just started using cans this year, because no cans ever had enough bass for me since I was coming from IEM's. When I started amping however cans were able to contend with the bass iems give. without an amp, even the most insanely rated basshead cans did less than nothing for me.
Thats right no amps. I believe the ue6000 has an amp built in. Personally i have never used an amp so i dunno. My headphone provides sufficent volume/bass already with software audio tweaks on my android with viper4android and poweramp.
Over ear especially grants the ability to actually provide you ear/skin-tickling sensation which IEMs won't. This for me is a huuuuuuuuuge deal, the ability to not only hear but also feel the bass grants my hardstyle listening needs to a whole different level of satisfaction. :p
I also use that feature to my advantage when I'm mastering newcomer's tracks, I know basslevels are on an appropriate level when I start to feel the kicks. (no I don't listen overly loud, the mids and highs are pretty average but the bass is much louder in comparison due to ZO2 + Q40 combo). If I wasn't using ZO2 though I would have to boost the volume to the point mids and highs would get annoyingly loud to achieve the same experience.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/30/13 at 12:53am
I did look at ath and m audio and many others but right now looks like my cousin will be getting the ue 6000 from logitech. Looks good and should be a substantial upgrade over his beats. He enjoys the ergonomics and design mostly because it is similar to the beats. But sound should be much better. I can get it for 140 with shipping.
I think the UE6000 is a good choice. While the highs are a bit soft, they sound great, have prominent bass and are comfortable. Also, they are one of the few amped headphones that sound great without the amp.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado e Series 17 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 20 seconds ago
- › WyWires Red Headphone Cable 53 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 56 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)