Why am I inexplicably gravitating towards the JVC SZ-2000? I'm looking for headphones for work so they have to be closed and they have to be very comfortable. Should I be looking at something else that's cheaper? This is a basshead thread so you know what I'm looking for sound signature-wise...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
The Basshead Club - Page 486
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7277 of 112048/29/13 at 2:23pm
1 more recommendation (I can't believe I forgot about these, seeing as I'm going to revisit them since I have new gear) the Pro700mk2 has been highly touted by bassheads here. They are stylish (pretty much everyone likes them over the q40's in the looks department, bht I strangely fing the q40's nice).post #7278 of 112048/29/13 at 5:15pmI did look at ath and m audio and many others but right now looks like my cousin will be getting the ue 6000 from logitech. Looks good and should be a substantial upgrade over his beats. He enjoys the ergonomics and design mostly because it is similar to the beats. But sound should be much better. I can get it for 140 with shipping.post #7279 of 112048/29/13 at 5:20pmFinally someone else who agrees that the beats dont have bass O.O
But then again... The only time ive ever felt bass from headphones was when i got my hfi 580's, and thats from someone who upgraded from an xb500 lol.
Guess my brain just decides to ignore crappy bass xDpost #7280 of 112048/29/13 at 5:40pmpost #7281 of 112048/29/13 at 5:54pmpost #7282 of 112048/29/13 at 6:11pmpost #7283 of 112048/29/13 at 6:54pm
Any suggestions other than the ue6000? I think they look amazing and the value is there along with great sq and bass. Just wondering if there are any "nice-looking" headphones out there for about the same amount of money.post #7284 of 112048/29/13 at 8:37pmpost #7285 of 112048/29/13 at 11:45pmAs many others stated...beats lineup do not sound near what you are paying for. It usually sounds like half of what you pay for. For the money, they just do not make any sense. I listened to the studios my cousin has and was not impressed. Then i showed him my xb90ex, which is FAR better in all areas, and then now he wants new headphones xDpost #7286 of 112048/29/13 at 11:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by quisxx
1 more thing snyper. Although the answer to this is likely a NO due to beats as the headphone of choice, is your cousin using an amp? If not it may be why the bass on your xb90's are vastly superior to him (though I'm pretty certain they actually are). I just started using cans this year, because no cans ever had enough bass for me since I was coming from IEM's. When I started amping however cans were able to contend with the bass iems give. without an amp, even the most insanely rated basshead cans did less than nothing for me.
Thats right no amps. I believe the ue6000 has an amp built in. Personally i have never used an amp so i dunno. My headphone provides sufficent volume/bass already with software audio tweaks on my android with viper4android and poweramp.post #7287 of 112048/29/13 at 11:54pmTechnically, a on ear/over ear headphone would provide more sub bass than an iem or how does it work? Iem has got more mid bass kick? I know that amount of air in between the driver and ear canal has a lot to do with the level of percieved sub bass. But what about mid bass? Im confused...which is bassier overall? Bass iem or bass headphone/can?post #7288 of 112048/30/13 at 12:50am
Over ear especially grants the ability to actually provide you ear/skin-tickling sensation which IEMs won't. This for me is a huuuuuuuuuge deal, the ability to not only hear but also feel the bass grants my hardstyle listening needs to a whole different level of satisfaction. :p
I also use that feature to my advantage when I'm mastering newcomer's tracks, I know basslevels are on an appropriate level when I start to feel the kicks. (no I don't listen overly loud, the mids and highs are pretty average but the bass is much louder in comparison due to ZO2 + Q40 combo). If I wasn't using ZO2 though I would have to boost the volume to the point mids and highs would get annoyingly loud to achieve the same experience.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/30/13 at 12:53ampost #7289 of 112048/30/13 at 4:20amQuote:Originally Posted by Snyper0012
I did look at ath and m audio and many others but right now looks like my cousin will be getting the ue 6000 from logitech. Looks good and should be a substantial upgrade over his beats. He enjoys the ergonomics and design mostly because it is similar to the beats. But sound should be much better. I can get it for 140 with shipping.Quote:
I think the UE6000 is a good choice. While the highs are a bit soft, they sound great, have prominent bass and are comfortable. Also, they are one of the few amped headphones that sound great without the amp.post #7290 of 112048/30/13 at 7:57amI could recommend the Ultrasone PRO 550. It is a very comfortable can that has all you need. Deep bass from 50 mm drivers good mids and good treble, that do not tend to any kind of hiss. They are build like a tank, have detachable cable, switchable earpads and a very sturdy transport box.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › How Long Before I Get Full Privileges??? 3 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 12 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 27 seconds ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic AT1350 - An Improved DT1350? 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 1985 Version... Need To Upgrade... 2 minutes ago
- › Using Sennheisers HD 650 with the Asus Xonar Essence STX, and... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob