Why am I inexplicably gravitating towards the JVC SZ-2000? I'm looking for headphones for work so they have to be closed and they have to be very comfortable. Should I be looking at something else that's cheaper? This is a basshead thread so you know what I'm looking for sound signature-wise...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 11:39 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 486
Gear mentioned in this thread:
1 more recommendation (I can't believe I forgot about these, seeing as I'm going to revisit them since I have new gear) the Pro700mk2 has been highly touted by bassheads here. They are stylish (pretty much everyone likes them over the q40's in the looks department, bht I strangely fing the q40's nice).
But then again... The only time ive ever felt bass from headphones was when i got my hfi 580's, and thats from someone who upgraded from an xb500 lol.
Guess my brain just decides to ignore crappy bass xD
Any suggestions other than the ue6000? I think they look amazing and the value is there along with great sq and bass. Just wondering if there are any "nice-looking" headphones out there for about the same amount of money.
1 more thing snyper. Although the answer to this is likely a NO due to beats as the headphone of choice, is your cousin using an amp? If not it may be why the bass on your xb90's are vastly superior to him (though I'm pretty certain they actually are). I just started using cans this year, because no cans ever had enough bass for me since I was coming from IEM's. When I started amping however cans were able to contend with the bass iems give. without an amp, even the most insanely rated basshead cans did less than nothing for me.
Thats right no amps. I believe the ue6000 has an amp built in. Personally i have never used an amp so i dunno. My headphone provides sufficent volume/bass already with software audio tweaks on my android with viper4android and poweramp.
Over ear especially grants the ability to actually provide you ear/skin-tickling sensation which IEMs won't. This for me is a huuuuuuuuuge deal, the ability to not only hear but also feel the bass grants my hardstyle listening needs to a whole different level of satisfaction. :p
I also use that feature to my advantage when I'm mastering newcomer's tracks, I know basslevels are on an appropriate level when I start to feel the kicks. (no I don't listen overly loud, the mids and highs are pretty average but the bass is much louder in comparison due to ZO2 + Q40 combo). If I wasn't using ZO2 though I would have to boost the volume to the point mids and highs would get annoyingly loud to achieve the same experience.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/30/13 at 12:53am
I did look at ath and m audio and many others but right now looks like my cousin will be getting the ue 6000 from logitech. Looks good and should be a substantial upgrade over his beats. He enjoys the ergonomics and design mostly because it is similar to the beats. But sound should be much better. I can get it for 140 with shipping.
I think the UE6000 is a good choice. While the highs are a bit soft, they sound great, have prominent bass and are comfortable. Also, they are one of the few amped headphones that sound great without the amp.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS! 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 9 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 14 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 14 minutes ago
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Studio Monitor Headphones Discussion 14 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 15 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 15 minutes ago
- › Grado GS1000e 24 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2