New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 485

post #7261 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnnW View Post

 

No problem :) I saw it was mentioned there was a review of them by Steve so I figured that was true. 

 

 

Awesome!:) I'm getting them a day earlier then expected, picking them up tomorrow now. Excited!

 

Easy to drive was a big plus for me as I want to use them in the car with my phone (when I'm not driving, haha).

Wow, congrats on the buy!

 

So from the past 10 or so posts, I think the COP is worthy of induction into the Basshead Club. However, I've been having doubts as to which setting it's basshead-applicable.

post #7262 of 11225

Any thoughts/suggestions for the best fullsize bass headphone 200 and under? I am speaking on behalf of my cousin who owns beats studios and he wants to upgrade after listening to my xb90ex which not surprisingly have more bass than the full-size beats xD. They should be good in other areas as well such as mids and highs, soundstage, clarity while still providing basshead level sub/mid bass. (Ex. Like my xb90ex)

 

I have done some reading in the forums and i was looking at the lp2 crossfades by vmoda...any different from the lp's? Or are there better options for the money? Keeping in mind that I wont own these, my cousin with beats studios

post #7263 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper0012 View Post

Any thoughts/suggestions for the best fullsize bass headphone 200 and under? I am speaking on behalf of my cousin who owns beats studios and he wants to upgrade after listening to my xb90ex which not surprisingly have more bass than the full-size beats xD. They should be good in other areas as well such as mids and highs, soundstage, clarity while still providing basshead level sub/mid bass. (Ex. Like my xb90ex)

 

I have done some reading in the forums and i was looking at the lp2 crossfades by vmoda...any different from the lp's? Or are there better options for the money? Keeping in mind that I wont own these, my cousin with beats studios

Under 200, eh? Well...does he want a good-looking phone?

 

EDIT: Congrats on the convert on-the-way. 


Edited by thatBeatsguy - 8/29/13 at 10:02am
post #7264 of 11225

It shouldnt be ugly lets just put it that way :)

I was also looking at the ue6000 and some of the ath series, dt770, denon, the Q-40 by m audio, Sony XB series and of course v moda. Just trying to find the best combination of sub bass rumble and mid bass.

post #7265 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper0012 View Post

It shouldnt be ugly lets just put it that way :)

I was also looking at the ue6000 and some of the ath series, dt770, denon, the Q-40 by m audio, Sony XB series and of course v moda. Just trying to find the best combination of sub bass rumble and mid bass.

Huh...good choices. It will be tough to pick from them, but here are some of what i could say about some of them, as well as my own suggestions:

  • The UE 6000 has a bass-booster which, of course, does its job, and it does it well. Don't take my word for it though; I have had only about 10 minutes with those things.
  • The AKG K67 looks like the on-ear version of teh K267 Tiesto headphones, and they are. They have an adjustable bass boost which, like its older sibling, does quite well. However, I couldn't exactly consider it a basshead can.
  • The Denon D320 is a stunning basshead can, and it rolls with the punches. Treble is about right, and like I said, this pair is stunning. They look absolutely hideous. I don't know why Denon would market them as "street" headphones; however, Denon's page did say that these headphones make other people go "What the hell is that?!" so I guess they nailed it there. I would rather wear Beats in public that one of these. Of course, you might wanna try the Music Maniac line, which looks pretty normal and sounds great.

 

Hope it helps!

post #7266 of 11225

Thanks for the suggestions Beatsguy.

 

I do have another question in regards to my 12 year old sister who happens to be wanting better sound For EXTREMELY low prices for money. Keeping overall sq in mind whats the best steal of a fullsize headphone? I was eyeballing the Monoprice 8323/8324 and ATH M-30, JVC Flats. Any other suggestions for a decent bass headphone for around the prices of these headphones?

post #7267 of 11225

Thank you for being another to confim my opinion thats beats have NO BASS!!  As for recommendations I would say go for the q40 over the lp or lp2. I have had all 3, lp2 most recently (about a month ago) and q40 was my choice in the end. Also tried ultrasone dj1, and ws99, along with the es10 (which shocked the hell out of me, seeing as I thought only the "solid bass" had bass from audio technia, but these are right up there with the q40 bass, maybe more dare I say).

I have a pair of hp800 in the mail to compare against my q40's so we'll see how that goes.

post #7268 of 11225

Be a nice bro and go half with your sister on a pair of q40's. The gift of sound is a wonderful thing

:)

Aside from that I cant recommend anything. I havent heard a pair of cans under 100$, (aside from when b&h had the q40 for 90 $ shipped) and the q40 is the cheapest, awesomest (I know, nit a word) can, I can think of.

Now if she wanted IEM's in that range then we'd be in business lol.

post #7269 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
  • The AKG K67 looks like the on-ear version of teh K267 Tiesto headphones, and they are. They have an adjustable bass boost which, like its older sibling, does quite well. However, I couldn't exactly consider it a basshead can.

It's more of a K167 than a K267, and the K67 does not have adjustable bass boost like the K267. 

 

@snyper0012

Look into the AKG K518LE, they're usually around $40 - $60 on Amazon (sometime cheaper if you're lucky). Pretty good basshead can imo.


Edited by RoMee - 8/29/13 at 11:43am
post #7270 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper0012 View Post

Any thoughts/suggestions for the best fullsize bass headphone 200 and under? I am speaking on behalf of my cousin who owns beats studios and he wants to upgrade after listening to my xb90ex which not surprisingly have more bass than the full-size beats xD. They should be good in other areas as well such as mids and highs, soundstage, clarity while still providing basshead level sub/mid bass. (Ex. Like my xb90ex)

 

I have done some reading in the forums and i was looking at the lp2 crossfades by vmoda...any different from the lp's? Or are there better options for the money? Keeping in mind that I wont own these, my cousin with beats studios


M-Audio Q40.  Upgrade the pads (Alpha pads are the pinnacle) after a spell and have a phone that sounds as good as a lot of $300 units. 

post #7271 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper0012 View Post

Thanks for the suggestions Beatsguy.

 

I do have another question in regards to my 12 year old sister who happens to be wanting better sound For EXTREMELY low prices for money. Keeping overall sq in mind whats the best steal of a fullsize headphone? I was eyeballing the Monoprice 8323/8324 and ATH M-30, JVC Flats. Any other suggestions for a decent bass headphone for around the prices of these headphones?


JVC HA-S500.....................or as quisxx suggested buy TWO Q40's.  One for you, one for her.  Tell her it's her Xmas present early and you're a hero. 


Edited by Oregonian - 8/29/13 at 12:01pm
post #7272 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper0012 View Post

Thanks for the suggestions Beatsguy.

 

I do have another question in regards to my 12 year old sister who happens to be wanting better sound For EXTREMELY low prices for money. Keeping overall sq in mind whats the best steal of a fullsize headphone? I was eyeballing the Monoprice 8323/8324 and ATH M-30, JVC Flats. Any other suggestions for a decent bass headphone for around the prices of these headphones?

The 8323's are an amazing sounding headphone for $20 but they are ugly as sin for a 12 year old girl.

 

These are NOT fullsize, but get her a pair of JVC HA-S500's just $51 landed and are only available from Japan.

She will enjoy and appreciate these a whole lot more then any of the above, here is almost 500 Pages of how great these headphones are.

beerchug.gif

post #7273 of 11225
IMO:
 
Philips Fidelio X1 --> the best (basshead) open headphones 
 
FiiO E12 Mont Blanc --> the best (basshead) portable amplifier
post #7274 of 11225
Thanks for all of the recommendations. Will keep looking for different on ears and full size. I think its better to get an on ear for under 50$ rather than fullsize isnt it...
 
So far...
JVC HA-S500
 
I am also wondering...how are the sony ZX series are like... Any suggestions in regards to o/a sound quality and bass?
post #7275 of 11225

1 more thing snyper. Although the answer to this is likely a NO due to beats as the headphone of choice, is your cousin using an amp?  If not it may be why the bass on your xb90's are vastly superior to him (though I'm pretty certain they actually are). I just started using cans this year, because no cans ever had enough bass for me since I was coming from IEM's. When I started amping however cans were able to contend with the bass iems give. without an amp, even the most insanely rated basshead cans did less than nothing for me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home