New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 469

post #7021 of 11221
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

Hey guys, is it just me or the M100, Amperior all sounds terrible to my ears? The only listenable headphones where the M4U1, DT1350 and ESW9a. The rest either had a really distorted midrange or awfully boomy bass.
post #7022 of 11221
That's means you are not basshead, amperior and m100 both my favorite, but i choose m100 because of the bass and soundstage but amperior compare to m100 mids is much more forward and balance, but anperior does have a good bass
post #7023 of 11221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis ip View Post

That's means you are not basshead, amperior and m100 both my favorite, but i choose m100 because of the bass and soundstage but amperior compare to m100 mids is much more forward and balance, but anperior does have a good bass

Yeah. I guess I'm no longer part of this group but, you guys have been of great help! Special shout out to Criagster for his help in the past. Bye guys! I don't belong here anymore.

Wait a minute. I find myself liking the UM Merlins (the bassiest CIEM available in the market). Will c the outcome, I might be part of this club after all haha
post #7024 of 11221
dt1350 is much bass is less impact and tight(not a bass cans), w4r ,more balance ,even more tight bass and less impact but fast and quite deep( suit for rock but not basshead) , mids is not forward (medium range, not means layback), unoffensive treble, so i guess m100 and amperior is not the kind u like
post #7025 of 11221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis ip View Post

dt1350 is much bass is less impact and tight(not a bass cans), w4r ,more balance ,even more tight bass and less impact but fast and quite deep( suit for rock but not basshead) , mids is not forward (medium range, not means layback), unoffensive treble, so i guess m100 and amperior is not the kind u like

Well I enjoy bass (3-5db) increase as long as it does not bleed into mids.
post #7026 of 11221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Under $200 for the combo, I would suggest auditioning Monster N-Tune and pairing with FiiO E11.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

 

N-Pulse!! ;-)

Eww so we are recommending Monsters Cans now... granted Beats Solo had some pretty good bass, but last I checked most Monster Cans well didn't perform as well as others in their price point -.-

 

If you want a nice Bass set up under $200, try the Dt 990 Pro 250 and an E11 [assuming you already have a source] that's the best of both worlds, tight punchy mid bass with some real body. Or you can also try the Xb 700 [if you can find it] well the best Sub Bass for it's price point period, the cans run about $100 dollars [but hard to find as they are discoutinued] the E11 is around $35 here on Head-Fi and if you need a Dap again check the FS thread for somethng like the Sansa Clip+ I belive. But I'd shy away from Monster Cans are there are better Priced options lol, but I have yet to listen to anything monster makes so I can't speak to much 

post #7027 of 11221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

 

Eww so we are recommending Monsters Cans now... granted Beats Solo had some pretty good bass, but last I checked most Monster Cans well didn't perform as well as others in their price point -.-

 

If you want a nice Bass set up under $200, try the Dt 990 Pro 250 and an E11 [assuming you already have a source] that's the best of both worlds, tight punchy mid bass with some real body. Or you can also try the Xb 700 [if you can find it] well the best Sub Bass for it's price point period, the cans run about $100 dollars [but hard to find as they are discoutinued] the E11 is around $35 here on Head-Fi and if you need a Dap again check the FS thread for somethng like the Sansa Clip+ I belive. But I'd shy away from Monster Cans are there are better Priced options lol, but I have yet to listen to anything monster makes so I can't speak to much 


Now that Beats and Monster are two separate companies, I have found a clear distinction between the sonic character of the two and prefer the new Monster cans compared to Beats.  While the Beyers in general sound better than Beats or Monster (I personally find most Beyers too bright), some of the new Monster headphones sound decent and would work better portably.

post #7028 of 11221

True enough, but if you find byer cans to bright then that makes more sense. I love the dt 990s and don't think them to brght at all, and I suppose I'm happy for monster... but maybe I'll try the N-Tunes on my next paycheck

post #7029 of 11221

No one in the basshead club has tried out these puppies yet?  (Munitio PRO 40)

 

96c194bdcae5dc66f81f96d1b883fde1
 

post #7030 of 11221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

True enough, but if you find byer cans to bright then that makes more sense. I love the dt 990s and don't think them to brght at all, and I suppose I'm happy for monster... but maybe I'll try the N-Tunes on my next paycheck


I believe Office Depot and Staples have in store for demo.

post #7031 of 11221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


I believe Office Depot and Staples have in store for demo.

easier to just buy, the DEMO at home out of my gear, then return it <3 

post #7032 of 11221

i'm looking to replace my old xb500. listen to mostly rap, hiphop, house, etc. bass is the most important thing for me, as long as sound quality is average-above average. budget around 60 on amazon.

 

numark red wave?

sony xb600?

sony v55?

jvc harx900?

audio technica ath-m30?

Pioneer STEEZ 808 SE-MJ751I?

post #7033 of 11221
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post


Well I enjoy bass (3-5db) increase as long as it does not bleed into mids.

If you look at the measurements the M-100's bass is boosted until past 300 Hz, which is not ideal. However the boost isn't big enough to really bother me. But ideally it should be neutral by 200Hz.

post #7034 of 11221
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

If you look at the measurements the M-100's bass is boosted until past 300 Hz, which is not ideal. However the boost isn't big enough to really bother me. But ideally it should be neutral by 200Hz.

 

Agreed, ideally I'd want the bass to start going downhill after about 150Hz and then return back roughly to "neutral" levels by 200Hz.

 

Signature DJ comes to my mind:

 

 

Dat bass curve, finally some manufacturer who understands these things. ;)


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/4/13 at 11:59am
post #7035 of 11221
Yup, Signature DJ is the real deal. But a little expensive too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home