New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 454  

post #6796 of 11259

I went to my local Media Markt store on my lunch break today. They have about 200 headphones on display. They have the AKG 701 and also the Sennheiser HD 650 to start comparisons.

Today I auditioned the Fidelio X1 and the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. In that environment you cannot test if you can hear a fly one the other side of a COD map behind you, but you can kind of tell if the sound signature is for you or not.

 

When I tested the X1 first about two month ago, they where more or less meh to me, not good, not bad, just not interesting. But now they have hundreds of hour on their drivers and are fully broken in. They are really nice sounding, especially the bass. It is a night and day difference. to me they have a very big and warm bass, that is just about perfect. Very tempting.  And it is running from a demo setup that drives 200 cans parallel. Only that they are all running at the same level.

 

Then came the Beyer Custom One Pro.

This is also a reasonable bass head can. The bass is even more power full when you put the switches to full bass. And they are comfortable. The have vinyl pads which might be an off for some. But you can probably replace them with any Beyer velour or leather pad that is currently available. The stage seemed quite big to me though.


Edited by pietcux - 7/3/13 at 1:13am
post #6797 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post

I went to my local Media Markt store on my lunch break today. They have about 200 headphones on display. They have the AKG 701 and also the Sennheiser HD 650 to start comparisons.

Today I auditioned the Fidelio X1 and the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. In that environment you cannot test if you can hear a fly one the other side of a COD map behind you, but you can kind of tell if the sound signature is for you or not.

 

When I tested the X1 first about two month ago, they where more or less meh to me, not good, not bad, just not interesting. But now they have hundreds of hour on their drivers and are fully broken in. They are really nice sounding, especially the bass. It is a night and day difference. to me they have a very big and warm bass, that is just about perfect. Very tempting.  And it is running from a demo setup that drives 200 cans parallel. Only that they are all running at the same level.

 

Then came the Beyer Custom One Pro.

This is also a reasonable bass head can. The bass is even more power full when you put the switches to full bass. And they are comfortable. The have vinyl pads which might be an off for some. But you can probably replace them with any Beyer velour or leather pad that is currently available. The stage seemed quite big to me though.

Dang, you guys are lucky. I've never had the chance to see a store with no more than 10 notable pairs.

post #6798 of 11259
Yes that is a lot on display. But some very intetesting brands like Vmoda Audio Technica and Fostex are still missing. Even Ultrasone being a local company is missing. But we have House of Marley cans made of wood and smelling like pot!!!
Edited by pietcux - 7/3/13 at 3:27am
post #6799 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post

Yes that is a lot on display. But some very intetesting brands like Vmoda Audio Technica and Fostex are still missing. Even Ultrasone being a local company is missing. But we have House of Marley cans made of wood and smelling like pot!!!

Wow then I really have to be really grateful that I have access to all brands, budget or high end. FitEar, fostex and even cans that are supposedly for studio use are found. Audio tech, v moda, the list is nearly endless. As you can see, I live in Singapore but there's a store called Jaben that's pretty international am another local one called Stereo.

Drop by if u live near my country, there are little brands I can think of that these two stores don't carry, anyone want to try to see if any brand they don't carry, lol dat would be fun.
post #6800 of 11259
Drop by would be 20 hours flight from Germany. Lol! But thanks for the invitation.
post #6801 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post

Drop by would be 20 hours flight from Germany. Lol! But thanks for the invitation.

Like I said Jaben is pretty International but I think they are still more or less located on my side of the earth lol.

Edit: sorry man only Australia, Malaysia, china, Thailand and Singapore.....
Edited by myap2328 - 7/3/13 at 4:54am
post #6802 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

Dang, you guys are lucky. I've never had the chance to see a store with no more than 10 notable pairs.

 

Welcome to the club, actually if I saw 10 notable pairs I would be happy. I went to a story which had Sennheiser Momemtum, HD 598, HD25-II Adidas, some low-middlerange like AKGs K271 HD but the rest was cheap stuff or bad sounding stuff like Bose & Beats but I was even happy seeing and being able to _TEST_ Momentum, HD 598 and HD25-II !! xD 

 

"Exotic stuff" like Audio Technicas, Denons, Grado, Ultrasone is very hard to come by here, maybe a few specialized small stores around the country might have more exciting selection.

EDIT: I Remember also another small Hifi store I was in when I was studying in a nearby slightly bigger town compared to my hometown had a few notable headphones like Ultrasone PRO 900, AKG 701, AKG 181 DJ etc. available for test. A shame I wasn't that interested in headphones back then, I would gladly give them a proper try even if I know they won't quite fit my taste.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 7/3/13 at 5:45am
post #6803 of 11259

an update the vibe blackdeaths I brought lost sound in one ear cup and I tried to diy and failed lol so there in the bin, the bass was good but there build quality atrocious, but have picked up 3 more headphones the philips sph8000, jvc s500 and the pioneer se-mj751.

post #6804 of 11259

It may sound crazy, but is there exist somewhere portable over-ears even bassier than S600s? XB500s are cool, but during summer I just simply can't have them on my ears as they become sweaty mess and cushions become soaked lol...

post #6805 of 11259
Beats ._.
post #6806 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

Beats ._.

Yum
post #6807 of 11259

btw, not to sound like a excessive praiser lol, 

but there was a time where I searched for S600 graph and couldn't find it anywhere, 

anyway here it is, thought it may be useful for someone. 

 

post #6808 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by augusto3210 View Post

Guys, who know where can I find some cheap V-Moda M100 new?

I don't think there is any "cheap" new m100s, they are all about 300 or over. You might get lucky sometime to find some second hand for around 200 though.

I got mine 2nd hand for about 215;)
post #6809 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmOgER View Post

btw, not to sound like a excessive praiser lol, 
but there was a time where I searched for S600 graph and couldn't find it anywhere, 
anyway here it is, thought it may be useful for someone. 


I've never heard it but if that graph is accurate, the sub bass roll off looks pretty bad, and the "bass" emphasis is all at 200hz - I would hate that kind of sound lol. How about upgrading to the S500? Over the ear in general will get pretty hot though.
post #6810 of 11259

Hey guys, what's the bassiest CIEM out currently? I probably wont get them for a looooooooong time, but just for future refrence.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked