New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 433  

post #6481 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

By the way, $240 for a pair of used D600 would be a pretty similar price to a pair of used M100. I know you haven't had the M100s for very long, but which do you think is better? I think the Craigster likes the M100 better, if I'm not mistaken.

The more I listen to the M-100, the more I love it. Great for my portable rig, better than I expected.

Cavalli said it best, I don't know which is better cause they all have a small niche use to me and I'm happy to have this problem of too many good phones. A good problem to go have. The D-600 is better at comfort, M-100 better for portable.
post #6482 of 11259
Any Sonos owners about?


Then read this http://www.head-fi.org/t/666246/seeking-more-bass-subbass-and-own-a-sonos-try-the-headphone-out-inbuilt-eq


I am currently feeling respectable subbass on a hd650!!!!!!
post #6483 of 11259

Just wondering but is the Sony MDR-XB300 better than the XB400? Or is the new version better since it's newer and updated? I thought maybe the newer version has more clear bass and better overall sound.

post #6484 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinBroke View Post

Just wondering but is the Sony MDR-XB300 better than the XB400? Or is the new version better since it's newer and updated? I thought maybe the newer version has more clear bass and better overall sound.

if u want an XB can buy the Xb 700, the 1000 is too expensive and the 500 is un balnced, but do not buy the even numbered or new ones, and don't buy a 300. Save up a a little an shoot for a 700 or a 500 if u only want bass, the 700 can has sufficent volcas with eq n a tube, there i no saving the vocals on a 500 xD 

post #6485 of 11259

Well I actualy already own the XB300 I got it for $9.75 used and it works great. I was just wondering that would the newer XB400 sound better and more updated since it's a replacement model of the XB300.

post #6486 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinBroke View Post

Well I actualy already own the XB300 I got it for $9.75 used and it works great. I was just wondering that would the newer XB400 sound better and more updated since it's a replacement model of the XB300.

$10 isn't bad but the 700 is well like the 300 x10. Still glad you enjoy ur 300s :D, for $9 that's not to shabby 

post #6487 of 11259

Hey guys, I'm new here.

What would you suggest the best IEM's under $150 are? For electronic, dnb/dubstep (and all that) but also some folk music.

Really appreciated, Thanks

post #6488 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

if u want an XB can buy the Xb 700, the 1000 is too expensive and the 500 is un balnced, but do not buy the even numbered or new ones, and don't buy a 300. Save up a a little an shoot for a 700 or a 500 if u only want bass, the 700 can has sufficent volcas with eq n a tube, there i no saving the vocals on a 500 xD 

 

I disagree, I had XB700 for about 2 weeks, then picked up XB500 and sold XB700 quickly after. The XB500 can be EQ'd to sound much better. The XB700's problem is the recessed mids, I like a weighty mids, the XB500 had slightly fullier mids, only they were pretty muddy sounding which a little bit EQing could help greatly but XB700 had too recessed mids for my liking and XB500 was ok in that regard. With optimal EQ settings I still preferred XB500, the XB700 also lacked some midbass punch for my taste that no EQing was able to fix.

 

1000

 

The XB500 settings I used.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 6/2/13 at 10:14am
post #6489 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

 

I disagree, I had XB700 for about 2 weeks, then picked up XB500 and sold XB700 quickly after. The XB500 can be EQ'd to sound much better. The XB700's problem is the recessed mids, I like a weighty mids, the XB500 had slightly fullier mids, only they were pretty muddy sounding which a little bit EQing could help greatly but XB700 had too recessed mids for my liking and XB500 was ok in that regard. With optimal EQ settings I still preferred XB500, the XB700 also lacked some midbass punch for my taste that no EQing was able to fix.

 

1000

 

The XB500 settings I used.


aaaaaaa i love equalizing! the cure for all ailments! an equalizer is the bassheads best friend i say!

i still remember the first time i played with an eq and realized the potential in it as a basshead tool, then again, it really wasnt that long ago XD

post #6490 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post


aaaaaaa i love equalizing! the cure for all ailments! an equalizer is the bassheads best friend i say!

i still remember the first time i played with an eq and realized the potential in it as a basshead tool, then again, it really wasnt that long ago XD

 

I've always used EQing to improve the balance of the sound or more accurately say, tweak it towards my personal ideal balance as I do prefer to have a healthy deal of bass, in the headphone about 8dB or so + hooked up to ZO there around lvl 6-8 or so whatever bass quantity that translates to. ^^ M-Audio Q40 is the first headphone I didn't have to EQ though as it sounds roughly like my personal ideal balance out of box (plugged in to ZO).

 

Probably we're talking like ~15dB bass boost here even I'm guessing but the funny thing is how different say stock XB500 unamped which also has like 15dB boost versus Q40 with ZO tweaked to give somewhere around those lines amount of bass to the headphone. Q40 (frequency response graphs shows around 8dB bass boost) + ZO2 lvl 6-8 or so (should be roughly 6-8dB boost if I check RMAA measurements) actually sounds significantly bassier than XB500 stock unamped but it also sounds muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better. This is the only somewhat mystery to me, why stock headphone sounds so much less bassy than vs a significantly less bassy headphone out of box + ZO boosted when theoretically it should be roughly the same. Well that is why I look for roughly 8dB bass boost in the headphones themselves as when I put ZO to like bass boost lvl6-8 or so I know I get my ideal preferred bass quantity.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 6/2/13 at 12:21pm
post #6491 of 11259

Hey guys im thinking of getting a second pair of basshead cans, im looking at the M100's or pro 900's, so what are the pros and cons of both and how do they stack up against each other. Im also open to other recommendations in there price range.

post #6492 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post

Hey guys im thinking of getting a second pair of basshead cans, im looking at the M100's or pro 900's, so what are the pros and cons of both and how do they stack up against each other. Im also open to other recommendations in there price range.

Both great choices, have them both.

Pro900 for some people are shrill in treble. Not me. They sound perfect to me and may be the deepest bass phone I have (see sig). Very good comfort.

M-100 just getting head time with it as my portable (BK amp and ZO doubled up) and am amazed how well they handle the power/bass. Sound great. Ear pads are very small openings so for some they do not fit and therefore uncomfortable.

Others - a used Denon D2000 can be had for $300ish. I have them too. Not for portable use but they rock. Very comfy. I also have the Denon D600 which is a great comfort phone that thump well.

Yeah, I have a lot of bass phones........and love them all.
post #6493 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

 I own both the Sig Pro and the Sig DJ. I am probably the only person that does. And I use them for totally different music one from the other. NOT that the other still doesn't excel at the other's genre, but there are small tweaks that make one can much more preferable for different genres. tongue.gif

 

 

 

You are not alone......beerchug.gif

post #6494 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


If that symbol you used was a pound, the US cost is $98.

 

Ah....Americans rolleyes.gif

post #6495 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyN View Post

Ah....Americans rolleyes.gif

Wow, indeed:rolleyes:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked