I just ordered a Sony MDR-XB60EX but are those earbuds good? Do they have a lot of bass? Are they like the Sony MDR-XB300 or 500? Also does earbuds perform the same or better than full sized headphones like the XB300 500 or 700? Thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
The Basshead Club - Page 428
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6407 of 98665/23/13 at 9:02pmQuote:
Btw, the JVC FX3X is now being sold on ebay.com for $18.49:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-JVC-FX3X-B-Xtreme-Xplosives-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Deep-Bass-HA-FX3X-B-/300892176361?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460e923fe9post #6408 of 98665/23/13 at 11:27pm
If anyone knows about the Sony MDR-XB60EX and what they think I would appreciate it. I just wanted to know if they have bass kinda like the XB500 or XB700 headphones. I just assumed that if they are normaly $80 and they are that small they have high tech build and they will sound like the XB700 or so.post #6409 of 98665/24/13 at 1:49amQuote:
Ultrasone Sig = Ultrasone Sig DJ's. Thr M100 makes me look like a bitch lolpost #6410 of 98665/24/13 at 2:00ampost #6411 of 98665/24/13 at 2:19ampost #6412 of 98665/24/13 at 5:27amQuote:
No, but they look very interesting.
Some of the reviews point to its strong, but not terribly overwhelming bass.
I have heard a lot of bass heavy cans, from the Sony XB series, to JVC's XX cans, to all of the Beats headphones, and even headphones like the Skullcandy Skullcrusher. It'll be very intriguing to find a headphone that delivers anything beyond what the heaviest hitters can, and yet maintain a semblance of audio fidelity.post #6413 of 98665/24/13 at 6:37am
They do look interesting. Need a UK basshead to try them. Wonder what the cost is for the OE version that comes with the skull.post #6414 of 98665/24/13 at 6:48ampost #6415 of 98665/24/13 at 7:44amQuote:
If that symbol you used was a pound, the US cost is $98.post #6416 of 98665/24/13 at 10:44am
If you know what that means, then yeah...basshead utopia.
Basically, my headphones are being driven by the speaker amp. I think each channel pumps out around 110w @ 6ohms, so whatever that translates to in 40ohms is going to my headphones. And let me tell you, I'm never buying a headphone amp again. This sounds so good! I basically have endless volume, I can pump the volume up on foobar2k all the way, and I don't hear any sound clipping (total volume can go well over 110dB). In fact, there's so much volume headroom that I can't even listen to them that loud, and my drivers aren't even able to take that much power (they start sounding distorted and whatnot). I usually keep the volume on the receiver at around 50 (along with a +10dB on bass on the tone control on the receiver), and the volume on foobar a quarter of the way up. If I slide the volume so that it's about 40% up, it's like having earthquakes on my ears. At full volume...I can't even listen to them. Halfway is already loud enough. So, I guess it's safe to say that this will power any headphone out there, bar any balanced setups or electrostats. I have a couple songs that have a super low 20-30Hz tone, and I had to turn the volume way down in order for it to sound clean. Now, I can leave the volume where I usually leave it at, and I get no clipping issues at all.
The only downside is that I have a low hiss going to the headphones, mainly due to the output impedance of the speaker connections. It's inaudible when listening to music, though, so I'm not too hung up on it. Plus, if I wanted to listen at a low volume, all I have to do is disconnect the headphones from the y-cable, and plug it into the headphone port on the receiver. Since the way I have the speaker cable rigged right now is a bit gaudy looking, I'm probably going to get a speaker wire to female rca cable to make it look cleaner, safer, and easier to disconnect. When the rca cable touches metal, it shorts the connection and forces the receiver to power off. If anyone is wondering how it works, the "-" (ground) part of the wire needs to contact the outer ring on the rca port, and the "+" needs to contact the one poking out in the center. I put some electrical tape on it so it would stay in place. The cable I'm using is a y-cable I got from radio shack (can't believe they charged $8 for it).post #6417 of 98665/24/13 at 11:18amQuote:Originally Posted by DustinBroke
If anyone knows about the Sony MDR-XB60EX and what they think I would appreciate it. I just wanted to know if they have bass kinda like the XB500 or XB700 headphones. I just assumed that if they are normaly $80 and they are that small they have high tech build and they will sound like the XB700 or so.
I hope you didn't pay $80 for those, they have been $30 for nearly a year. I had them before, ordered them along with cks55, & image s4. Wish I could tell you how they sounded bit I had sever fit issues and couldn't get them in roperly so never heard them fully.post #6418 of 98665/24/13 at 11:52am
Im still some what new to the whole headphone market and i need a few recomendations. I am using my headphones at work and i mostly listen to rap, hip hop, rock, and some soft rock (Eminem, Disturbed, Adele, Linkinpark, Sevendust, some dupstep/rap remix. just a few examples). I am currently using either my skullcandy ink'd (old version) or sony mdr-zx300. I have also bought a Fiio E11 with L9 cable for my ipod classic.
Im looking for something that sounds awesome but i also need good sound isolation and low sound leakage, as i have people that work within 3~5' from me who I dont want to disturb.
I've been reading a few reviews on here and I think Im headed toward the V-moda M100. I don't have a huge budget (considering that cans can go $1000 and up) but the V-moda M100 are as expensive as I'm going.post #6419 of 98665/24/13 at 2:22pmpost #6420 of 98665/24/13 at 3:18pmQuote:
As a Brit,
the black death screwed over France just as much as England, so why not! ;)
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 7 seconds ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 8 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 26 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 54 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 1 minute ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 3 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude