I just ordered a Sony MDR-XB60EX but are those earbuds good? Do they have a lot of bass? Are they like the Sony MDR-XB300 or 500? Also does earbuds perform the same or better than full sized headphones like the XB300 500 or 700? Thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
The Basshead Club - Page 428
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6407 of 112035/23/13 at 9:02pmQuote:
Btw, the JVC FX3X is now being sold on ebay.com for $18.49:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-JVC-FX3X-B-Xtreme-Xplosives-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Deep-Bass-HA-FX3X-B-/300892176361?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460e923fe9post #6408 of 112035/23/13 at 11:27pm
If anyone knows about the Sony MDR-XB60EX and what they think I would appreciate it. I just wanted to know if they have bass kinda like the XB500 or XB700 headphones. I just assumed that if they are normaly $80 and they are that small they have high tech build and they will sound like the XB700 or so.post #6409 of 112035/24/13 at 1:49amQuote:
Ultrasone Sig = Ultrasone Sig DJ's. Thr M100 makes me look like a bitch lolpost #6410 of 112035/24/13 at 2:00ampost #6411 of 112035/24/13 at 2:19ampost #6412 of 112035/24/13 at 5:27amQuote:
No, but they look very interesting.
Some of the reviews point to its strong, but not terribly overwhelming bass.
I have heard a lot of bass heavy cans, from the Sony XB series, to JVC's XX cans, to all of the Beats headphones, and even headphones like the Skullcandy Skullcrusher. It'll be very intriguing to find a headphone that delivers anything beyond what the heaviest hitters can, and yet maintain a semblance of audio fidelity.post #6413 of 112035/24/13 at 6:37am
They do look interesting. Need a UK basshead to try them. Wonder what the cost is for the OE version that comes with the skull.post #6414 of 112035/24/13 at 6:48ampost #6415 of 112035/24/13 at 7:44amQuote:
If that symbol you used was a pound, the US cost is $98.post #6416 of 112035/24/13 at 10:44am
If you know what that means, then yeah...basshead utopia.
Basically, my headphones are being driven by the speaker amp. I think each channel pumps out around 110w @ 6ohms, so whatever that translates to in 40ohms is going to my headphones. And let me tell you, I'm never buying a headphone amp again. This sounds so good! I basically have endless volume, I can pump the volume up on foobar2k all the way, and I don't hear any sound clipping (total volume can go well over 110dB). In fact, there's so much volume headroom that I can't even listen to them that loud, and my drivers aren't even able to take that much power (they start sounding distorted and whatnot). I usually keep the volume on the receiver at around 50 (along with a +10dB on bass on the tone control on the receiver), and the volume on foobar a quarter of the way up. If I slide the volume so that it's about 40% up, it's like having earthquakes on my ears. At full volume...I can't even listen to them. Halfway is already loud enough. So, I guess it's safe to say that this will power any headphone out there, bar any balanced setups or electrostats. I have a couple songs that have a super low 20-30Hz tone, and I had to turn the volume way down in order for it to sound clean. Now, I can leave the volume where I usually leave it at, and I get no clipping issues at all.
The only downside is that I have a low hiss going to the headphones, mainly due to the output impedance of the speaker connections. It's inaudible when listening to music, though, so I'm not too hung up on it. Plus, if I wanted to listen at a low volume, all I have to do is disconnect the headphones from the y-cable, and plug it into the headphone port on the receiver. Since the way I have the speaker cable rigged right now is a bit gaudy looking, I'm probably going to get a speaker wire to female rca cable to make it look cleaner, safer, and easier to disconnect. When the rca cable touches metal, it shorts the connection and forces the receiver to power off. If anyone is wondering how it works, the "-" (ground) part of the wire needs to contact the outer ring on the rca port, and the "+" needs to contact the one poking out in the center. I put some electrical tape on it so it would stay in place. The cable I'm using is a y-cable I got from radio shack (can't believe they charged $8 for it).post #6417 of 112035/24/13 at 11:18amQuote:Originally Posted by DustinBroke
If anyone knows about the Sony MDR-XB60EX and what they think I would appreciate it. I just wanted to know if they have bass kinda like the XB500 or XB700 headphones. I just assumed that if they are normaly $80 and they are that small they have high tech build and they will sound like the XB700 or so.
I hope you didn't pay $80 for those, they have been $30 for nearly a year. I had them before, ordered them along with cks55, & image s4. Wish I could tell you how they sounded bit I had sever fit issues and couldn't get them in roperly so never heard them fully.post #6418 of 112035/24/13 at 11:52am
Im still some what new to the whole headphone market and i need a few recomendations. I am using my headphones at work and i mostly listen to rap, hip hop, rock, and some soft rock (Eminem, Disturbed, Adele, Linkinpark, Sevendust, some dupstep/rap remix. just a few examples). I am currently using either my skullcandy ink'd (old version) or sony mdr-zx300. I have also bought a Fiio E11 with L9 cable for my ipod classic.
Im looking for something that sounds awesome but i also need good sound isolation and low sound leakage, as i have people that work within 3~5' from me who I dont want to disturb.
I've been reading a few reviews on here and I think Im headed toward the V-moda M100. I don't have a huge budget (considering that cans can go $1000 and up) but the V-moda M100 are as expensive as I'm going.post #6419 of 112035/24/13 at 2:22pmpost #6420 of 112035/24/13 at 3:18pmQuote:
As a Brit,
the black death screwed over France just as much as England, so why not! ;)
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Monoprice 8323 Modding 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: SONY XBA-H3 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QC20 or Shure SE425 5 minutes ago
- › Upgrade for a PC gamer? 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 8 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob