New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 427  

post #6391 of 11259

Just FYI for you bassheads..............my XB500's are for sale.  Just have too many good phones and these get no use at all at this point. 

 

Figure someone can get some head pounding pleasure from them.

post #6392 of 11259

Got  a slight pickle of a question.. maybe you guys can help

im going to be buying one of the following;

 

T1/LCD2/he400/500

 

I know the HE500/T1 aren't known for their quantity of bass, but it the quality and quantity still surprised me.

The only HP from that above list i haven't heard are the HE-400 (for which i've only seen the FR graph and it frightens me)

 

I found the LCD2 a bit dark ( i sold my HD650's wanting something brighter, the LCD2's were brighter but it wasn't considerable.

 

I guess i'm asking is there anything in the 700-1000$ range that would provide a good balance being able to deliver a bass kick i crave fairly often but isn't as Dark as the LCD2's while remaining higher fidelity than the HE400.

post #6393 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakensaur View Post

Got  a slight pickle of a question.. maybe you guys can help

im going to be buying one of the following;

 

T1/LCD2/he400/500

 

I know the HE500/T1 aren't known for their quantity of bass, but it the quality and quantity still surprised me.

The only HP from that above list i haven't heard are the HE-400 (for which i've only seen the FR graph and it frightens me)

 

I found the LCD2 a bit dark ( i sold my HD650's wanting something brighter, the LCD2's were brighter but it wasn't considerable.

 

I guess i'm asking is there anything in the 700-1000$ range that would provide a good balance being able to deliver a bass kick i crave fairly often but isn't as Dark as the LCD2's while remaining higher fidelity than the HE400.


Have you considered the Ultrasone Signature line, either PRO or DJ?

post #6394 of 11259

I've never heard them, and to prevent any sudden shocks i'd rather not buy anything i hadn't heard.

However i have tried ultrasone ED8 and ED9,

was a MASSIVE fan of ED9.. not so much of ED8 though.

 

Also id prefer them to be open.

 

I think in terms of sound sig i'm looking for beyer T1 with a bit more bass (not too much more though) i found they lacked the impact of the LCD2's but i preferred the T1's overall

 

Bass- LCD2 in terms of extention and quantity but not all that much in quality.

 

Mids were close but i preferred the T1's

 

highs unquestionably went to the T1's, i dont want another dark 'phone. as well as detail and soundstage was handed over to the T1.

 

also i really resented the construction and comfort of the LCD2. they look like they were made in a shed and thus, despite i knew they were solid as a rock, i felt when looking at them they would be fragile (especially looking at the extension rod type thing)  along with the weight.

 

Thanks.


Edited by Cakensaur - 5/22/13 at 2:40am
post #6395 of 11259
Considering upgrading from the dt770. Anyone think the ahd600 is a worthy upgrade at $270?
post #6396 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post

Considering upgrading from the dt770. Anyone think the ahd600 is a worthy upgrade at $270?


My opinion is yes.  I mentally compared the Mad Dogs (@$300) to my Denon D600's - (yes, had the Mad Dogs for a few days) and I feel there was no contest.  Most people don't agree with me but that's fine.  I'd pay $270 for them - did you look at the used Amazon listing?  I just looked for you and found two listings at $222.   That's where I got mine @ $239. 


Edited by Oregonian - 5/22/13 at 6:16am
post #6397 of 11259

Many headphones on the list are not basshead cans. The AKG K167 can't even be considered having above neutral bass quantity and the impact is rather polite.

post #6398 of 11259

popcorn.gif

post #6399 of 11259

How about a spot for the Ultrasone Edition 8 on that list?

post #6400 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv My BASS 1 View Post

How about a spot for the Ultrasone Edition 8 on that list?


I agree they are basshead worthy compared with several others on the list.  However, as a basshead, the Sig DJ wins out.

post #6401 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


I agree they are basshead worthy compared with several others on the list.  However, as a basshead, the Sig DJ wins out.

+1
Edited by Luv My BASS 1 - 5/22/13 at 6:31pm
post #6402 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Yeah I understand, the thing is I've stopped using a portable amp while ago and don't invest in iem's no more, I was just wondering if there is a can that has more sub/mid bass than the XB1000 in it's stock default form - no amp or whatever. Money is not an object to me.

the xb1000 really need a amp for bass imo, as do the xb 700, although both are sufficent un amped, but they REALLY open up with more power! 

post #6403 of 11259

has anybody heard of these vibe blackdeath apparatly its death by bass lol. 

post #6404 of 11259

Just looking at their website already makes my bones rattle. 

post #6405 of 11259

It would be really nice if they could sort the list....

 

as in 

 

Quantity - Balance - Quality

 

or maybe by price / value for price.

 

Just would make it easier to know which one you want without having to search for each one.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked