New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 422  

post #6316 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


The Denon D600 should be on the list in my opinion. And their comfort would make you forget your DT770's. I had the Beyers and have both the D600 and the D2000 and though the DT770 was plenty comfy, the Denons are just better in all ways to me.

 

OK, thanks. The Denon's are 100 grams heavier than the DT770, and only 3 grams heavier than the PSB M4U2's (which I have).

 

I'm wondering how the Dennon D1100s compare in terms of how much room your ears have inside the cups. (obviously the sound will be different, I get that).

 

In Australia, the D600's are $450-475 at various online stores, plus delivery.

The D1100's on the other hand are $150-180 with free shipping at several stores.

 

Has anybody who finds the V-Moda's a bit small for their ears/heads/glasses also tried the D1100's (not asking for much, am I? LOL)

post #6317 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcoolaus View Post

OK, thanks. The Denon's are 100 grams heavier than the DT770, and only 3 grams heavier than the PSB M4U2's (which I have).

I'm wondering how the Dennon D1100s compare in terms of how much room your ears have inside the cups. (obviously the sound will be different, I get that).

In Australia, the D600's are $450-475 at various online stores, plus delivery.
The D1100's on the other hand are $150-180 with free shipping at several stores.

Has anybody who finds the V-Moda's a bit small for their ears/heads/glasses also tried the D1100's (not asking for much, am I? LOL)

Actually you're not. If, and I guess it's an unknown, I have the V-Moda Crossfade and the Denon D2000 and assuming for a minute the D1100 earpad are same size as D2000's, I can respond. The Denons have ample room in the cups so if the D1100 and D2000 are same size cups you'd be good to go.
post #6318 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Actually you're not. If, and I guess it's an unknown, I have the V-Moda Crossfade and the Denon D2000 and assuming for a minute the D1100 earpad are same size as D2000's, I can respond. The Denons have ample room in the cups so if the D1100 and D2000 are same size cups you'd be good to go.

No!!! They are two different designs and I think the pads vary too.
post #6319 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post


No!!! They are two different designs and I think the pads vary too.

 

OK - it is a failing of headphone manufacturer's, in my opinion, not to include the diameter and the depth of ear cushions on their spec sheets.

 

All i could find from the Denon website is that they both have 50 millimetre drivers. Well the v-moda's have 50mm drivers as well, so do the Beyerdynamic DT770s - but they all have completely different cup sizes.

 

*sigh* this makes it really risky to buy headphones off the internet! (i have nowhere selling Dennon close to me)

 

Can anybody who has D1100's get the ruler out and report what the earcup dimensions are please?

 

On the DT770s I measured 10.6cm as the total pad diameter, 5.8cm in the bit where your ears go in, and 1.5cm depth.


Edited by jjcoolaus - 5/15/13 at 7:38pm
post #6320 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcoolaus View Post

OK - it is a failing of headphone manufacturer's, in my opinion, not to include the diameter and the depth of ear cushions on their spec sheets.

All i could find from the Denon website is that they both have 50 millimetre drivers. Well the v-moda's have 50mm drivers as well, so do the Beyerdynamic DT770s - but they all have completely different cup sizes.

*sigh* this makes it really risky to buy headphones off the internet! (i have nowhere selling Dennon close to me)

Can anybody who has D1100's get the ruler out and report what the earcup dimensions are please?

On the DT770s I measured 10.6cm as the total pad diameter, 5.8cm in the bit where your ears go in, and 1.5cm depth.

Why don't you just buy a used d2k and save the trouble. The d2k should be better in every way because it is part of their flagship line, behind the d5k and d7k. The d5k wins my heart with its awfully warm goodness and great bass and I'm now awaiting for the day I get to try the d7ks. If your wallet allows, get the d5ks, it is better than the d2ks to warrant the price increase. Shop used and you should be able to get one for a good price
post #6321 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post


Why don't you just buy a used d2k and save the trouble. The d2k should be better in every way because it is part of their flagship line, behind the d5k and d7k. The d5k wins my heart with its awfully warm goodness and great bass and I'm now awaiting for the day I get to try the d7ks. If your wallet allows, get the d5ks, it is better than the d2ks to warrant the price increase. Shop used and you should be able to get one for a good price

 

There are several reasons why buying headphones used doesn't appeal to me, to be honest. However, more importantly, the D2k/5k/7k are no longer part of Denon's flagship lineup (also, sorry for spelling Denon wrong so frequently in prior posts).

 

The flagship lineup now consists of the D600 and D7100:

http://usa.denon.com/us/product/pages/productlanding.aspx?pcatid=headphones%28denonna%29&catid=musicmaniac%28denonna%29

 

The cheapest I can find the D7100 is $936 (+ free shipping) which maybe a very good price, but it's still a bit more than I would be willing to spend. All of my headphone wearing is done on the move (walking, commuting, etc) so the D7100 might be a bit over the top for that purpose.

 

Can anyone comment on the bass value of the D600 vs D7100? How do Denon's isolate anyway? Are they as good as beyerdynamic's in that area? I'm surprised to read on the Denon spec sheet that both the D600/7100 have 25 ohms impedence - do they benefit from an amp? I really like the sound the Fiio E12 Mont Blanc is putting into my Beyer's.

 

Thanks for your time in replying everyone, i do appreciate it.


Edited by jjcoolaus - 5/15/13 at 10:08pm
post #6322 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcoolaus View Post

 

There are several reasons why buying headphones used doesn't appeal to me, to be honest. However, more importantly, the D2k/5k/7k are no longer part of Denon's flagship lineup (also, sorry for spelling Denon wrong so frequently in prior posts).

 

The flagship lineup now consists of the D600 and D7100:

http://usa.denon.com/us/product/pages/productlanding.aspx?pcatid=headphones%28denonna%29&catid=musicmaniac%28denonna%29

 

The cheapest I can find the D7100 is $936 (+ free shipping) which maybe a very good price, but it's still a bit more than I would be willing to spend. All of my headphone wearing is done on the move (walking, commuting, etc) so the D7100 might be a bit over the top for that purpose.

 

Can anyone comment on the bass value of the D600 vs D7100? How do Denon's isolate anyway? Are they as good as beyerdynamic's in that area? I'm surprised to read on the Denon spec sheet that both the D600/7100 have 25 ohms impedence - do they benefit from an amp? I really like the sound the Fiio E12 Mont Blanc is putting into my Beyer's.

 

Thanks for your time in replying everyone, i do appreciate it.

Ok screw what you Flagship means lol, the New Flagships from what I've read don't really compare to the old Flags. And don't read into that "flagship" bull crap. A d2k is a great can, well recommended classic. Denon removed it from thier flagship to try an appeal to a new market, the new designs are very urban.

 

My point your a bass head, so go with the cans that have the sound you want. Now what you think is going to be good  because it's called a"flag ship" might be way off from center. Actually, the Ultrasone Signiture Pro from what I hear has a low impedance and other users have mentioned that they are pretty sturdy, and they fit around your neck pretty easily. Still those are around $1000+ maybe a little less used and HEY they are a Flag Ship 

 

In addition Used Headphones are wonderful when purchased from members here at Head-Fi, buying used support the community and helps you get a great product for less. In addition if your going to be doing a lot of walking and moving. Do NOT buy a flagship as your going to break it, if your on the move look at something like the Byet Dt 990 Pro, it's got riduclous clamp so it stays put. In addition it's about $190, so you shouldn't be to mad if u break it, lastly it's built like a tank so it should be fine if u accidently drop it.

 

Ugh it's 1am and I need to get to sleep xD

post #6323 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
In addition if your going to be doing a lot of walking and moving. Do NOT buy a flagship as your going to break it, if your on the move look at something like the Byet Dt 990 Pro, it's got riduclous clamp so it stays put. In addition it's about $190, so you shouldn't be to mad if u break it, lastly it's built like a tank so it should be fine if u accidently drop it.

 

Ugh it's 1am and I need to get to sleep xD

 

While you're sleeping (it's 4pm here), I've been looking at the headroom frequency response measurements for the D600 and decided I don't want them anymore. The treble appears to be recessed and that's not what I want. I'd rather have it a bit boosted like it is for the DT770. The Beyerdynamic T70 look more like my speed, but it will be some time before I can afford the $600 to be honest.

 

The Custom One Pro continues to look good on paper, but in pictures those earcups don't look as large/deep/as comfortable as the DT770Pro cups.

post #6324 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcoolaus View Post

While you're sleeping (it's 4pm here), I've been looking at the headroom frequency response measurements for the D600 and decided I don't want them anymore. The treble appears to be recessed and that's not what I want. I'd rather have it a bit boosted like it is for the DT770. The Beyerdynamic T70 look more like my speed, but it will be some time before I can afford the $600 to be honest.

The Custom One Pro continues to look good on paper, but in pictures those earcups don't look as large/deep/as comfortable as the DT770Pro cups.

Where are you from? -off topic I know.
And yes, Mshenay is right, I personally find the d5ks to triumph the d600. And if I was strapped budget wise, would I but second a second hand d5ks than a new d1100. Most definitely. It seems like you have near zero experience with the story of denon. Their previous line (d1001, d2/5/7k) was great cans but denon screwed up their new line by dismissing fostex as their oem. And if you want to be "in the trend" and getting the newest stuff irregardless of the sound, look at beats, they might be for you with big bass.
post #6325 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcoolaus View Post

While you're sleeping (it's 4pm here), I've been looking at the headroom frequency response measurements for the D600 and decided I don't want them anymore. The treble appears to be recessed and that's not what I want. I'd rather have it a bit boosted like it is for the DT770. The Beyerdynamic T70 look more like my speed, but it will be some time before I can afford the $600 to be honest.

The Custom One Pro continues to look good on paper, but in pictures those earcups don't look as large/deep/as comfortable as the DT770Pro cups.

Coming from someone who has a D2000, HAD a DT770, and also has a D600, both Denons trump the Beyer TO ME. The D2000 forget about if you want portable, but the D600, tho a radical departure from the early Fostex-built phones, is still TO ME a great can and I paid $239 refurb price. Worth every penny. Plenty of highs and mids regardless of what the graphs show.

If you like bright treble, maybe an Ultrasone Pro900 is your style. They too are great for bassheads as well, great for portable use and I found them for $236.
post #6326 of 11259
Need your guys advice. Starting to get a little bored with the E11 and 5.5 gen ipod. Whats the next progressions in amps? I occasionally double amp with the zo2 depending on how mobile I need to be. I have been eyeballing that e12 for a while now...

This will mostly be paired with lp2's and a LOT of EDM...

Thanks!
post #6327 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS1605 View Post

Need your guys advice. Starting to get a little bored with the E11 and 5.5 gen ipod. Whats the next progressions in amps? I occasionally double amp with the zo2 depending on how mobile I need to be. I have been eyeballing that e12 for a while now...

This will mostly be paired with lp2's and a LOT of EDM...

Thanks!


I've done the progression from E6 to E7 to E11, and then went for a JDS Labs C421 and C&C BK - and both the non-FiiO amps are in my opinion a whole new level.  For around $100 you can get either (used in the case of the C421). 

post #6328 of 11259
H
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS1605 View Post

Need your guys advice. Starting to get a little bored with the E11 and 5.5 gen ipod. Whats the next progressions in amps? I occasionally double amp with the zo2 depending on how mobile I need to be. I have been eyeballing that e12 for a while now...

This will mostly be paired with lp2's and a LOT of EDM...

Thanks!

Have you ever thought about upgrading your cans? I'm not sure if you are a full-on basshead or seek sound quality. If you seek better sound quality you can upgrade your headphone as it is the most important part of your setup. But don't worry about robbing a bank, there's tons of options in various price range. Just my opinion
post #6329 of 11259

Lol i have a similar problem as him, except i am looking for an amp upgrade with a quality bass boost, as the fiio e11 just makes things muddy.

 

i only have like a 150$ budget, and i cant find the jds labs one used (unless you could link me to one ... pretty please :3)

 

Thanks :)

post #6330 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

Lol i have a similar problem as him, except i am looking for an amp upgrade with a quality bass boost, as the fiio e11 just makes things muddy.

 

i only have like a 150$ budget, and i cant find the jds labs one used (unless you could link me to one ... pretty please :3)

 

Thanks :)


What about the C5 which is the replacement for the C421 or the FiiO E12 which has improved their bass boost in the second production run?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked