- 1,479 Posts. Joined 12/2007
- Location: Germany
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
The Basshead Club - Page 419post #6271 of 112255/8/13 at 11:56amit has to do with output impedance. most amps have no separate headphone amp, so you get more bass because of high impedance.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6272 of 112255/8/13 at 12:55pmQuote:
Cool...............well, whatever the reason is, it is amazing and I doubt I'll ever buy another "headphone-specific amp" again.
Love my Magni but this................this is just crazy good.post #6273 of 112255/8/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
If he has a vintage Marantz amp/tuner...............test it out. You won't be spending $250.post #6274 of 112255/8/13 at 12:59pmpost #6275 of 112255/8/13 at 1:57pmQuote:
Impedance and gain, my Indeed G3 has GOBS of bass simply because it's got such a stupid high gain and impedance. That being said those Vintage recivers are proably alot cleaner than my little indeed lol
On a side note... mmm Dt 990 and Nujabes <3post #6276 of 112255/8/13 at 3:09pmQuote:
My new (to me) Kenwood KA-5700 vintage is amazing out of the headphone jack. I have a G-3 as well.....................and tho I like that little amp it's no contest.post #6277 of 112255/8/13 at 5:54pmpost #6278 of 112255/8/13 at 8:54pmQuote:
yea I can belive that, the indeed is nice but not to easy to beat lolpost #6279 of 112255/8/13 at 9:28pmQuote:
I don't get why one would get two pairs of the same headphone.post #6280 of 112255/8/13 at 9:29pmpost #6281 of 112255/8/13 at 9:33pmQuote:
Nice to see I'm not the only 1 who listens to Nujabes with extra bass. It just sounds so sexy :)post #6282 of 112255/8/13 at 9:43pmpost #6283 of 112255/8/13 at 10:36pmQuote:
Indeed, but I use my solid state and EQ for that extra bass. A lot less bass than I used to!post #6284 of 112255/9/13 at 4:11ampost #6285 of 112255/9/13 at 4:24am
Maybe one for work office and one for the house or portable. They are that good but sadly I just bought an Ultrasone Pro 900 and another $200 right now would not be smart.
I like having different sound signatures but my real point was for $200 these are a true steal for me.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 30 seconds ago
- › Earphones with best isolation for outsiders? 32 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 4S audio chip ? 3 minutes ago
- › Atlanta, GA - A-VCOA Presents May 4th Portable Audio Jam 6 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 7 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob