Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Between those 3 headphones which one is the best Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
The Basshead Club - Page 417post #6241 of 84625/6/13 at 7:07pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6242 of 84625/6/13 at 7:40pmpost #6243 of 84625/6/13 at 7:43pmpost #6244 of 84625/6/13 at 7:45pmpost #6245 of 84625/6/13 at 7:58pm
Anything thats relatively portable, durable, for 200-300 that's bassy? Prefer on ear or over ear w/o too much clamping force.
I currently use the crossfade LP's but they're a bit to big to carry around an dpretty much listen only to EDM
Edited by tacobff - 5/6/13 at 8:01pmpost #6246 of 84625/6/13 at 7:59pm
Any of you gents using a vintage receiver as your amp source? Um, I'm here to tell you you may want to think about it........seriously.
I got a Kenwood KA-5700 (1978 vintage) integrated amp today, hooked it up and was blown away. I usually double amp with a ZO as the back end and with music straight out of the Kenwood it flat thumps, WITHOUT the loudness control engaged. With it it is a monster.
You guys may want to think on this. I spent $90, and I see all kinds of amps being sold for way more than that. Intrigued? You should be.....
Edited by Oregonian - 5/6/13 at 8:42pmpost #6247 of 84625/6/13 at 8:05pm
Just bought the xb60ex in ears from Sony. I've always been a fullsize headphone kind of guy but several reviews these don't have a claustrophobic soundstage typical of iem's so I gave them a try for $38. Can anyone compare with the xb90ex and let me know if they're worth the extra $60?post #6248 of 84625/6/13 at 8:09pmQuote:I have heard that they are a little bassier and a little less "warm" .Originally Posted by PanamaHat
Just bought the xb60ex in ears from Sony. I've always been a fullsize headphone kind of guy but several reviews these don't have a claustrophobic soundstage typical of iem's so I gave them a try for $38. Can anyone compare with the xb90ex and let me know if they're worth the extra $60?
Not worth it.
Get the SE215s for 99! They may be one of the best sub-100 Iems !post #6249 of 84625/6/13 at 8:18pmpost #6250 of 84625/6/13 at 9:42pmpost #6251 of 84625/6/13 at 10:18pmpost #6252 of 84625/6/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
Probably top 3 best for bassheads. Surpassed in detail by both my phonaks, but it's not a fair comparison since I bought them for 50% off.post #6253 of 84625/6/13 at 10:30pmpost #6254 of 84625/6/13 at 11:24pmQuote:
Just to clarify, which iem are you referring to?post #6255 of 84625/6/13 at 11:33pm
SE215. The Phonaks I was comparing them to are the PFE112 and the PFE232, which isn't a remotely fair comparison, neither would I consider the Phonaks basshead IEMs.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 8 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 19 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 1 minute ago
- › Shouldn't An Analytical Sound Be Superior? 2 minutes ago
- › Does Lowering Windows System Volume Reduce Sound Quality? 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 2 minutes ago
- › looking for new cans...need inputs. 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD598 vs Momentum 2 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 4 minutes ago
- › Accidentally Extraordinary - AE 51st Studio Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe