Neat, sound interesting!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Between those 3 headphones which one is the best Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
The Basshead Club - Page 410post #6136 of 83854/26/13 at 6:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6137 of 83854/26/13 at 7:16pm
Found some good comparisons against the M-Audio Q-40 from this review. Thought it was interesting. Keep in mind he's using DT770 Velour pads throughout the whole review:Quote:
Ultrasone PRO900 - Q40 is less bright, better mids, just as bassy. This was my first thought, was that the Q40 sounded like a PRO900 with the treble equalized down heavily. So if you're looking to save money and get what sounds very similar, this would be the way to go. PRO900 had a slight edge on sound stage.
Beyer DT770 PRO - Q40 is a touch less bright, but the DT770 isn't overly bright either to me. Otherwise, the Q40 had more prominent bass and mids were similar. So the Q40 is a bassier DT770, with a touch less treble, for a bit less cash.
Beyer DT990 600ohm - Q40 has much less treble, similar mids, and more prominent bass, but less sound stage and less comfort, but naturally much more isolation.
Fischer Audio FA-011 - Q40 has less treble brightness, similar mids, and more prominent bass with a similar sound stage and to me better comfort (with pads upgrade) and of course more isolation.
Fischer Audio FA-003 (or Brainwavz HM5) - Q40 has less isolation, similar sound stage, a touch less mids perhaps, smoother treble, and much more prominent bass; similar comfort with similar clamp.
Denon D2000 / D5000 - Q40 has less bright treble, less sparkle, but otherwise quite similar. The Q40 has more prominent mid-bass, but quite similar in sub-bass. Sound stage is better on the Denons, comfort is definitely better on the Denons.
AudioTechnica M50 - Q40 has less harsh treble, similar mids, if not a bit better, more fun bass, more prominent mid-bass, much improved sound stage, and more comfortable to me (subjective though); virtually better in all ways to me for the same cost (including the upgraded pads).
AudioTechnica A900X - The Q40 is less bright, less forward mids, but way more bass in all areas, with a similar sound stage and to me better comfort (with pads upgrade).
Panasonic HTF600 - Q40 has similar treble, both are smooth, similar mids, both have good mids, but the Q40 may have better mids of the two. The bass is similar, but I'll give an edge to the Q40 simply because felt a little better controlled. Isolation is definitely better on the Q40. Soundstage is about the same (again, with the upgraded pads). Overall detail and refinement and build quality just feel/sound better on the Q40.
Sennheiser HD650 - Q40 has more sub-bass and mid-bass, a bit more treble, a bit less mids, less sound stage, less comfort. Only compared due to bass & smooth treble similarity.
Sony XB500 - Q40 has more treble and more mids right out of the box, in a much better way, better sound stage, and very similar bass capability. Obvious upgrade path for a basshead to me.post #6138 of 83854/26/13 at 7:31pmpost #6139 of 83854/27/13 at 7:53ampost #6140 of 83854/27/13 at 9:36amQuote:
And you keep away from velour pads..................go with Shure 840 pads or HiFiMan HE series leather. Major comfort upgrade.post #6141 of 83854/27/13 at 5:41pmQuote:
I was about to pick one up at bhphoto.com, but the price went up to an incredible $149.99 yesterday. It's back down to $119.99 today, but at its lowest earlier this month, I saw it at $89.99. Darn, I should have picked it up at that price.post #6142 of 83854/27/13 at 5:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Malevolent
I was about to pick one up at bhphoto.com, but the price went up to an incredible $149.99 yesterday. It's back down to $119.99 today, but at its lowest earlier this month, I saw it at $89.99. Darn, I should have picked it up at that price.
Amazon had it used for $72 yesterday now I see it at $89.99 right now Can you get it shipped to you from Amazon? Seller is Audiotopia.post #6143 of 83854/30/13 at 8:01ampost #6144 of 83854/30/13 at 8:10ampost #6145 of 83854/30/13 at 8:13ampost #6146 of 83854/30/13 at 12:09pm
Anybody can recommend me a cheap iem with decent bass that has Apple controls? (volume, track)
Something below $50 would be nice, budget kind of tight at the moment.
Edit: Perhaps Klipsch S4i? Just saw one for $50 on ebay...
Edited by jmsilva22 - 4/30/13 at 12:13pmpost #6147 of 83854/30/13 at 12:48pmQuote:
Sennheiser MM30i maybe? I assume these are CX300II + music control.post #6148 of 83854/30/13 at 1:16pmQuote:
Thanks bro. Those look pretty good. Good reviews.post #6149 of 83854/30/13 at 2:07pm
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Audio Technica esw9a *major price drop!! 19 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a comparison between xb90ex and wooduo 2 2 minutes ago
- › Koss Portapro Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 7 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 9 minutes ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Westhill House HighGate Consulting Rooms by mathiasfinkel
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe