New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 378

post #5656 of 11042
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

Btw to those who own the denon dxxx, old series, how long minimum of burn-in?

Wouldn't know. Both of mine were throughly burned in when I got them(ex-demo and 2nd hand). I'd give yourself around a day to mentally burn in though.

post #5657 of 11042
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post

hahaha sure. i'm not arguing either way.

 

i would say just try a blind test comparison test to see if you can actually hear the difference (where someone compares A-to-A, A-to-B, and B-to-B randomly). Then a blind "match the sound to the set-up" and see if you can consistently match the sound to the setup. Only after you know you can tell the difference, then think about whether the difference is worth the money. A blind test will remove the subjectivity/bias/"mental thing." if you don't hear a difference, then don't waste your money. simple as that :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Wouldn't know. Both of mine were throughly burned in when I got them(ex-demo and 2nd hand). I'd give yourself around a day to mentally burn in though.

see mental burn in xD, non the less

rca cost me $3 coaxial cost me $6 OMG, so lol I'll stick with coaxial since it's fancier, and longer.

 

Much love for mono price, and EWWW I feel you on the stay at home feel. It's nice to hear that the Sig SJ is well portable friendly :O

 

you know props to Ultrasone for making thier flagship iPod and portable device friendly, plus the remoaveable cable, they really wanted to make taht product avalibe for everyone! Not just those of us with giant amps and dacs lying around our houses lol. *golf claps* 

post #5658 of 11042

Have any of you guys or gals heard the SoundMagic HP100? There's a thread on them in the main headphone forum and people are literally calling these "the best closed back headphone in the World". Supposedly is a BassMONSTER too. 53mm drivers would lend themselves to that. Has the hype train left the station, or are these for real? 

 

post #5659 of 11042
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

Have any of you guys or gals heard the SoundMagic HP100? There's a thread on them in the main headphone forum and people are literally calling these "the best closed back headphone in the World". Supposedly is a BassMONSTER too. 53mm drivers would lend themselves to that. Has the hype train left the station, or are these for real? 

 

Interesting.......maybe you should buy them too and let us know!?!?  Lol.  Seriously, a 53mm driver might make it a thumper.  I'm going to do a little research.  

post #5660 of 11042
So Barey, even if you TH900s are somehow much better than your DJs, you'd sell them? Or would you keep both? tongue.gif
post #5661 of 11042

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

So Barey, even if you TH900s are somehow much better than your DJs, you'd sell them? Or would you keep both? tongue.gif

I would keep both. The DJ's aren't going anywhere. smily_headphones1.gif

post #5662 of 11042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Interesting.......maybe you should buy them too and let us know!?!?  Lol.  Seriously, a 53mm driver might make it a thumper.  I'm going to do a little research.  

For that price, it's tempting.  biggrin.gif

 

They sound promising. I'm very curious... 


Edited by bareyb - 3/26/13 at 6:35pm
post #5663 of 11042
I just bought the Sony MDR-XB60EX EXTRA BASS In-Ear, The Bass is incredible! I love listen Electronic Music on them!
post #5664 of 11042
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

For that price, it's tempting.  biggrin.gif

 

They sound promising. I'm very curious... 

 

Weird, but some reviews said it was NOT a basshead phone.  

post #5665 of 11042
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBaila View Post

I just bought the Sony MDR-XB60EX EXTRA BASS In-Ear, The Bass is incredible! I love listen Electronic Music on them!

Maybe what you mean by incredible bass is textured, deep-controlled bass?
post #5666 of 11042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

 

Weird, but some reviews said it was NOT a basshead phone.  

I guess it depends on which one you read. There doesn't seem to be a consensus, that's for sure. 

 

 

Quote from the HP100 Thread:
Originally Posted by mrbigsby View Post

After auditioning these at length today i find myself very very confused by some of the comments and reviews Ive found regarding these cans and the HP200. At first i thought it was my gear, so i tried other sources, and other amps.... Then i asked for two other sets of ears. 

 

We all came to the same conclusion: Yes the reviews are right these are severely under represented GREAT headphones... But the reviews were also wrong- with hip hop, electronica, etc and no bass boost on (out of the test sources and amps only the C421 even had the ability), these cans could be easily lumped into the bass monster category. 

 

Ill compile a complete review once i spend at least a full day or two with these and build on it as time goes by, but these are my and my peers initial findings. We even pulled out some DT770 and 990, some FA003ti titanium driver editions, and several other bass heavy cans to compare- these not only stood up to them... But in most cases dominated them. No smiley V shaped sig, a full sound with extended and somewhat accentuated bass.

 
post #5667 of 11042
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

Maybe what you mean by incredible bass is textured, deep-controlled bass?
Is boomy, deep, but not controlled, bleeds a little on the rest of the spectrum, the overall sound is warm, but works very well on electronic music, sound like the XB500.
post #5668 of 11042

Don't TELL Me about those >.> I was going to get those as a replacement for the Mad Dog that I did notl ike <.<, I ended up with the wth w1000x, which is AWESOME with rock and classical! 

 

But I do NOT need to hear about the cans I DIDN"T buy lol, my wallet is grounded atm! [I didn;t get em because I thought the w1000x weould be better...] And I'm sure they are better for what I want them to do, still ppl say those r warm some what linear closed backs, in the same category as the w1000x

 

non the less I'd like to hear em now q.q 

post #5669 of 11042
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBaila View Post


Is boomy, deep, but not controlled, bleeds a little on the rest of the spectrum, the overall sound is warm, but works very well on electronic music, sound like the XB500.

The SoundMagic? 

post #5670 of 11042

I seriously don't know why I didn't get all the hot phones while they were out :/

 

xb1000 were the cans. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home