New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 375  

post #5611 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

I'm really looking forward to hearing them and directly comparing them to the DJ's. 

you will share those impressions wont you? atsmile.gif

post #5612 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post

you will share those impressions wont you? atsmile.gif

Of course! 

post #5613 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


Hataz guna hates!!! xD

 

post #5614 of 11259

Holy Crape. Look at the frequency response on the Th-900! It looks like it has even more Bass output than the venerable Denon D7000! They didn't have a chart for the Signature DJ so I used the Pro 900 instead. The Signature DJ has more sub bass than the 900, so it looks like they may be right on Par with each other in terms of Amplitude. This is very encouraging... It appears to be a true Basshead 'phone. smile.gif

 


Edited by bareyb - 3/23/13 at 5:50pm
post #5615 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

Holy Crape. Look at the frequency response on the Th-900 compared to the D7000 and Pro 900s. This is very encouraging... It looks like they have a TON of bass. Which is what I like... 


Haha! Hope you love em! You could then give me your Sig DJs, as I helped you find Nirvana! biggrin.gif
post #5616 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


Haha! Hope you love em! You could then give me your Sig DJs, as I helped you find Nirvana! biggrin.gif

True... If I find Nirvana, you can have them. biggrin.gif

post #5617 of 11259
Pics of that TINY magic amp! It's a tiny bit wider, but not as tall as the ZO2.3. biggrin.gif


post #5618 of 11259

so i've got my 48 ohm w1000x, and with higher gain settings on my Matrix M stage these sound really bad... very well... thick and resonacey the same ugly tone that made me send my mad dogs back

 

what the hell is gain, and why does 0 gain sound the best on the w1000x, where as 20db gain sounds best on the 250 ohm dt 880s? 

post #5619 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

so i've got my 48 ohm w1000x, and with higher gain settings on my Matrix M stage these sound really bad... very well... thick and resonacey the same ugly tone that made me send my mad dogs back

 

what the hell is gain, and why does 0 gain sound the best on the w1000x, where as 20db gain sounds best on the 250 ohm dt 880s? 

the gain is the signal amplification. The higher= the louder. Problem is raising the noise floor. 

post #5620 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

Holy Crape. Look at the frequency response on the Th-900! It looks like it has even more Bass output than the venerable Denon D7000! They didn't have a chart for the Signature DJ so I used the Pro 900 instead. The Signature DJ has more sub bass than the 900, so it looks like they may be right on Par with each other in terms of Amplitude. This is very encouraging... It appears to be a true Basshead 'phone. smile.gif

 


Sorry to burst your bubble bareyb. I posted the graph on the th-900 website. The said th-900s FR graph are somewhat in accurate and you have to see the rest of the graphs. FYI, they have less bass than the D7K and more than the LCD 2. So since the LCD 2 have more bass than the HE500, the TH-900 would have more bass than the HE500 but I'm not sure if it is enough for you. I heard from some people they old d7k and th-900 have smooth bass that don't have impact. It's like it is there but there is no impact (more sub-bass oriented.). But, nevertheless, I still got the D7k on my list, up against the LCD 2. Anyways. Let your ears decide. Just some facts for you.

post #5621 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post


Sorry to burst your bubble bareyb. I posted the graph on the th-900 website. The said th-900s FR graph are somewhat in accurate and you have to see the rest of the graphs. FYI, they have less bass than the D7K and more than the LCD 2. So since the LCD 2 have more bass than the HE500, the TH-900 would have more bass than the HE500 but I'm not sure if it is enough for you. I heard from some people they old d7k and th-900 have smooth bass that don't have impact. It's like it is there but there is no impact (more sub-bass oriented.). But, nevertheless, I still got the D7k on my list, up against the LCD 2. Anyways. Let your ears decide. Just some facts for you.

 

Huh??? Have no idea what you mean here... lol. I was surprised at the Denon's chart though.. Seems like it wouldn't have much Bass so maybe the chart is bad? Either way,  I just spoke with someone who owns both the D7000 and the Th-900 and according to him, the Th-900 kicks it ass in every way. Including Amplitude. Sorry to burst your bubble...   biggrin.gif

 

I'm not all that interested in how it compares to the D7000 anyway, they aren't on my Radar (can't find one with a return policy). I just put that up as a reference. I am interested in how it compares to the Signature DJ though. They have plenty of Bass output for me and it appears the  Fostex have a bit more. I was concerned it wouldn't have as much. So that's good news. It's going to be a fair fight. 

 


Edited by bareyb - 3/23/13 at 7:01pm
post #5622 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

 

Huh??? Have no idea what you mean here... Who said it was inaccurate? 

 

I guess it really doesn't matter. I'm not all that interested in how it compares to the D7000, they aren't on my Radar  anyway (can't find one with a return policy). I just put that up as a reference. I am interested in how it compares to the Signature DJ though. They have plenty of Bass output for me and it appears the  Fostex have a bit more. That is very good news. 

 

 


Don't keep your hopes high. Go to the Th-900 thread or even PM AnakChan, I highly doubt the TH-900 bass QUANTITY would be up to par with the SIG Dj.

post #5623 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post


Don't keep your hopes high. Go to the Th-900 thread or even PM AnakChan, I highly doubt the TH-900 bass QUANTITY would be up to par with the SIG Dj.

 

I recommend you find yourself a pair of TH-900s and give it a go. :)

 

Post up your impressions afterwards and we'll see if you feel the same way.    The Sig. DJ is often seen as the portable little brother of the TH-900 for a reason.


Edited by tokendog - 3/23/13 at 7:35pm
post #5624 of 11259
Sorry if I had posted this more than once. I find the HD650 to be a very enjoyable headphone with quite outstanding clarity and openness and also great detail retrieval with te sufficient warmth I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I find the midbass somewhat lacking to make me unable to enjoy my electronic music. I can get an amp to amp the bass up but if there's a headphone which possesses the all the pros of the hd650 but yet has more bass I don't mind paying extra.

I tried the D5K and find the highs slightly fatiguing and not as clear sounding as the hd650 and it is more expensive but it's low end is so enjoyable.

I really can't Stand harsh highs for a reason, I prefer my cans somewhat dark.

Any recommendations: basically I'm looking for HD650+More Midbass=?
post #5625 of 11259

Philips Fidelio X1

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/big-bottom-and-lively-top-philips-fidelio-x1

 

here you go just wached the vid review i think this might be what you are looking for

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked