or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 353  

post #5281 of 11259

Any suggestions on basshead headphones that handle Hip-Hop, and Jazz well? (Ex. Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, etc..)

post #5282 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostAPhile View Post

Any suggestions on basshead headphones that handle Hip-Hop, and Jazz well? (Ex. Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, etc..)

Mad Dogs With Alpha Pads :D

post #5283 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Mad Dogs With Alpha Pads :D

 

Per Oregonian:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

 

I tried the Mad Dogs and feel IMHO they are far from a basshead can.  Very disappointing but to each their own I guess.  I did A/B with them alongside my Q-40's and it was no contest.  They were returned. 

post #5284 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostAPhile View Post

Any suggestions on basshead headphones that handle Hip-Hop, and Jazz well? (Ex. Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, etc..)

Do you have a price range? And do you have anything to amp with?

post #5285 of 11259

I feel like if I pair the Mad Dogs with an E11, we could have a breakthrough on our hands, does anybody have any comments?

post #5286 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post

Do you have a price range? And do you have anything to amp with?

Price range? $300 and below, don't have any amps for now, but I'm quite interested with the E11.

post #5287 of 11259

With the mad dogs and an e11 you will be quite beyond your price range, mad dogs alone are 300$ and not that bassy unless you switch the pads (alpha pads mentioned earlier) look at the v-moda m100's, the beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80's, and the q40's, these all leave you with room to purchase an amp as well. Oh and look at the audio technica pro 700 mk2.

post #5288 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post

With the mad dogs and an e11 you will be quite beyond your price range, mad dogs alone are 300$ and not that bassy unless you switch the pads (alpha pads mentioned earlier) look at the v-moda m100's, the beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80's, and the q40's, these all leave you with room to purchase an amp as well. Oh and look at the audio technica pro 700 mk2.

As long as the E11 is $50 on amazon, I'll be fine with the price. A few month earlier, I was deeply interested with the Pro700mk2's, but the M-100's stole their thunder.

Also, do you have any comments on the Logitech UE6000, and their sound with Jazz music? 

post #5289 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostAPhile View Post

As long as the E11 is $50 on amazon, I'll be fine with the price. A few month earlier, I was deeply interested with the Pro700mk2's, but the M-100's stole their thunder.

Also, do you have any comments on the Logitech UE6000, and their sound with Jazz music? 

Havent heard the UE6000, so i dont really know much about it

post #5290 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostAPhile View Post

I feel like if I pair the Mad Dogs with an E11, we could have a breakthrough on our hands, does anybody have any comments?

 

I ran Mad Dogs with all of the following - E-11, ZO, E-7, by themselves and in double amp combinations, which I have been using for about three months now (iPhone 4 or 5 feeding via LOD into E-11, then into ZO on high gain, red contour aka highest bass ZO can put out), and concluded they are far from a basshead can.   I wanted them to be.......but the reality is they were a major disappointment for a basshead can.  

post #5291 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostAPhile View Post

As long as the E11 is $50 on amazon, I'll be fine with the price. A few month earlier, I was deeply interested with the Pro700mk2's, but the M-100's stole their thunder.

Also, do you have any comments on the Logitech UE6000, and their sound with Jazz music? 

 

By the way, all my comments about loving Q-40's and DT770's and disliking Mad Dogs were mainly from listening to Smooth Jazz (high energy upbeat, not old school slow style) - I say this just as a point of reference.   

post #5292 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

 

By the way, all my comments about loving Q-40's and DT770's and disliking Mad Dogs were mainly from listening to Smooth Jazz (high energy upbeat, not old school slow style) - I say this just as a point of reference.  

I prefer the Q-40's over the DT770's, so would they be a good fit for me?

post #5293 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostAPhile View Post

I prefer the Q-40's over the DT770's, so would they be a good fit for me

 

Absolutely.  I prefer the Q40's as well.  What artists are you listening to?  Me - Boney James and Paul Hardcastle are two favorites.  Good music for Bassy phones.

post #5294 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

 

Absolutely.  I prefer the Q40's as well.  What artists are you listening to?  Me - Boney James and Paul Hardcastle are two favorites.  Good music for Bassy phones.

I've played Jazz myself for a little while, but I'm just now listening to it regularly, I'm more of Miles Davis and Charles Mingus fan myself, but I'll be sure to check those artists out as well.

post #5295 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostAPhile View Post

I've played Jazz myself for a little while, but I'm just now listening to it regularly, I'm more of Miles Davis and Charles Mingus fan myself, but I'll be sure to check those artists out as well.

 

I have no musical talent.  At all.  All I do is listen so good for you!

 

Miles is amazing.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked