New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 316  

post #4726 of 11259
Sorry for confusing you Craigster, I saw Ur post u posted a year or two ago and saw u were finding headphones with bass like the beats pro but with better clarity and all the gd stuff u get wat I meant so I think u shld noe what I am talking abt. The yamahas are yet in my country and not sure where I can get it. The m-100s are on sale just a few days ago and are yet available to be tried. Hw does these 2 abv compare and yes I am open to suggestions for IEMs. I'm Juz curious why there isn't any higher end phones with beefy bass other than the d5k which are not portable.
post #4727 of 11259
Juz to sum up what I'm trying to ask.
- V Moda M-100 vs Yamaha Pro500 vs Ultrasone Signature Dj (Is it worth the step up?)
-Do u have any experience with iems?

I wld get the best headphones and Iem and compare them then make a decision
post #4728 of 11259

Fellow bass friends,

 

After hearing and owning many bass-cans, including Sig DJ, XB1000, Pro 900, and being obsessed with recreating my club and outdoor electronic music festival experiences, nothing does this like the MG6Pro. 

 

If you are a basshead, this is where you should be setting your sites. Nothing has more power, more slam, more authority than these little guys. They handle more than anything I have heard. It's the ONLY headphone or earphone that gives me CHILLS. 

 

Get these and be DONE with it. 


Edited by SoundFreaq - 2/8/13 at 9:06am
post #4729 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

Juz to sum up what I'm trying to ask.
- V Moda M-100 vs Yamaha Pro500 vs Ultrasone Signature Dj (Is it worth the step up?)
-Do u have any experience with iems?

I wld get the best headphones and Iem and compare them then make a decision

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

Fellow bass friends,

 

After hearing and owning many bass-cans, including Sig DJ, XB1000, Pro 900, and being obsessed with recreating my club and outdoor electronic music festival experiences, nothing does this like the MG6Pro. 

 

If you are a basshead, this is where you should be setting your sites. Nothing has more power, more slam, more authority than these little guys. They handle more than anything I have heard. It's the ONLY headphone or earphone that gives me CHILLS. 

 

Get these and be DONE with it. 


I defer to SoundFreaq regarding the MG6Pro if you want an IEM as I have not heard them.  If you want circumaural and are fortunate enough to be able to afford the Ultrasone Signature DJ, I consider them to be the best sounding basshead headphone I have ever heard and receive the chills from those related to their overall SQ, not just bass that SoundFreaq referenced. 

post #4730 of 11259

Well, the bass is why we are here. Be assured the mids are solid and the highs are sparkly. You don't get chills from just bass. The MG6Pro is the whole package. 

 

I directly A/B'd the Sig DJ and the MG6Pro. The MG has more power, more authority - and handles it better. Highs are much more present on the SDJ, and you can't get them club-loud without jack-hammering your eardrums. If I did not own the MG6Pro, I might have kept the SDJ. 

 

Edit: Like I have said, the SDJ is a gentleman's bass can. It's nice. It's refined. If you want pure power and authority and want to feel like you are one with the 10,000 others listening to the sounds of AVB slamming into you - MG6Pro is where it's at. If you want it to sound like you are at your desk listening to a refined bass can, SDJ is your man. 


Edited by SoundFreaq - 2/8/13 at 9:21am
post #4731 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

Well, the bass is why we are here. Be assured the mids are solid and the highs are sparkly. You don't get chills from just bass. The MG6Pro is the whole package. 

 

I directly A/B'd the Sig DJ and the MG6Pro. The MG has more power, more authority - and handles it better. Highs are much more present on the SDJ, and you can't get them club-loud without jack-hammering your eardrums. If I did not own the MG6Pro, I might have kept the SDJ. 

 

@SoundFreaq- Would you agree if myap2328 is looking for the pinnacle of basshead IEMs to go for the the MG6Pro and if he is looking for the pinnacle of basshead circumaurals to go for the Sig DJ, assuming overall SQ in addition to bass impact is factored into the equation ?

post #4732 of 11259

Craigster, I would agree with you. I think the SDJ is the pinnacle of circumaural. But I feel the MG6Pro is the pinnacle of them all. wink.gif

 

They are the same price. Is portability a factor? I can take my 250,000 watt pro-tuned nightclub with me anywhere. 

post #4733 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

Unfortunately, I realized the d5ks can't be used portably. Haiz, off to find another Bassy headphones. Damn! It's really hard to find a headphone with gobs of bass like a beats pro without amping. Hw abt earphones like Weston's 3 and senns ie80?

 

Many headphones produce bass that match or surpass the levels of the Beats headphones (Solo, Studio, Pro). They don't need amping to do so, even.

 

The following headphones have lots of bass quantity - XB300, XB500, XB600, XB700, Crossfade LP, Crossfade LP2, HA-M5X, HA-S4X, RHP-10, RHP-20, Image One, TMA-1, D1100, PRO 900.

 

The following headphones have less bass quantity, but are relatively detailed basshead cans that can achieve good bass levels with some amping/EQ-ing - PRO500MK2, PRO700MK2, M-100, ES7, D2000, HFI 580, HDJ-2000, XB1000.

 

I use Westone 3 as my daily IEMs. They fare well for EDM, as they have a good mid-bass hump. I don't use IEMs much, though, so if you're going down this route, many other experienced forumers can give you better advice.


Edited by Malevolent - 2/8/13 at 9:28am
post #4734 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

Craigster, I would agree with you. I think the SDJ is the pinnacle of circumaural. But I feel the MG6Pro is the pinnacle of them allwink.gif

 

They are the same price. Is portability a factor? I can take my 250,000 watt pro-tuned nightclub with me anywhere. 


I will take your word for that.  Since I am not an IEM fan, I will also take that as validation for my recent Sig DJ purchase L3000.gif

post #4735 of 11259

A few IEMs changed my whole view of IEMs. Not the ES5. But the MG6Pro, the Piano Forte IX, and the FI-BA-SS, showing they can outperform my LF + TH900 / Sig Pro in many many ways. 

post #4736 of 11259

So Craigster, you like the SDJ more than the M-100?

post #4737 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

So Craigster, you like the SDJ more than the M-100?


Yes, the Sig DJ performs at another level of refinement and detail along with more extended, airy highs.  In general, I find they have a similar sound and the M-100 is still the best for its price, but the Sig DJ is just better all around as it should be for the price.

post #4738 of 11259

Awesome. Good to know your thoughts. I've been wondering what you think. 

post #4739 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

So Craigster, you like the SDJ more than the M-100?


Yes, the Sig DJ performs at another level of refinement and detail along with more extended, airy highs.  In general, I find they have a similar sound and the M-100 is still the best for its price, but the Sig DJ is just better all around as it should be for the price.

The only complaint I have with my M100 in terms of sq, is the rolled off treble. It's not a problem, but I'd just like a bit more air in the upper region to go along with the weight of the bass.
post #4740 of 11259
That's exactly how I feel about mine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked