- 3,666 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: B̴̨͍̞̯̯͚̙̯͈̘̙̮̰ͮ͗̔̒́ͪ͆̿̈́ͤ͑̽̔̅̇͟͞l̶̡̹̱͎̼̜̠̈ͥͨ̾̐̉͆̚͘͝ą̡̛̾ͣ͐ͫͩ͞͞...
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 5/16/13 at 9:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 6/3/13 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on Today at 6:20 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Between those 3 headphones which one is the best Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Related Head Gear
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
The Basshead Club - Page 312
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Aree your sure? I can tell the bass us going up, but at red it feels like my iPod at normal without eq[/quote]
i currently get my FLAC files from a site called losslessinside.com, the files are limited in download speed from the source sites but they come zipped as well. The site has a good selection, and so far no viruses, being a student i dont have money to drop on FLAC files. Also i get a lot of 320's from torrents, and if you have Facebook a lot of artists give away free tunes if you like there pages, Butch clancy just released his new album through Fb, if you like trap then you should check it out.
Well I got it it and then I let it charge until the light turned off
I also recall someone saying that their ZO2 sounded like the bass boost on their android device (something along those lines), so he/she returned it. Either that user and Carlos have defective units, or the Z02 isn't that powerful. Just talk to support and see what they have to say about it.
Thanks for the info. I think I will go with the Z02 then. Just out of curiousity, how does the E11 compard by itself with the Z02 bass wise? From all I have read, in this size range, the Z02 is where its at. Just curious how far behind the E11 is lagging in comparison
Does anyone know of any place on the net to cop the newest Z02.3 in the US? I have found a few places that have the Z02 but no mention of what revision it is. Thanks!
The ZO2.3 scales bass better than the E11, but the Fiio amp provided a better, all-round experience. I did a head-to-head between the 2 amps previously (PRO700MK2 thread) -
I've just had a listening session with the ZO2.3 and the E11, and the following are my thoughts.
I used my HTC Desire HD running Poweramp with no EQ settings applied. For cans, I used my Audio-Technica ES7 and PRO700MK2.
For the E11, I set it at high gain with EQ level 2. The sound was powerful, with little loss in the quality of the sound. The bass became fuller, with more punch and rumble. Sub-bass quantity was a touch better. The E11 helped to preserve the overall sound, without much loss in the highs and the mid-range, and boosted the low-end to provide a bassier sound.
For the ZO2.3, I used high gain and adjusted the bass contours (from 0-32). Using both the ES7 and the PRO700MK2, I realized that the bass quantity on the slighly-upper-mid (light orange 17-18) level was similar to the EQ 2 setting on the E11. On full bass countour setting (dark red), the bass became really powerful. Nevertheless, the sound via the ZO2.3 was muddier and less crisp than the E11. Highs were toned down, and the mid-range was recessed. The overall sound from the ZO2.3 was less satisfying, although the bass levels were much greater.
In conclusion, if you are using an E11, I would stick with it, but also EQ the low-end via your DAP to boost the bass level.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review 31 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for some new open cans 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by mcook1970
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe