- 134 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Location: Houston
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 4:19 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/21/14
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 286
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not representing Head-fi, just sharing my personal opinion that they aren't bad at all for $70 if you are a basshead. At their full retail price, I agree there are better options, nor would I personally use them.
Edited by Craigster75 - 1/13/13 at 9:33am
not too much of a Basshead, was never wanted to be one.
But ill say that Sony isn't kidding when they say eXtra Bass...
Been with my Xb500's since I was gifted them. around 2011.
but to me I can say..... that wearing them + listening to them, the bass starts to fatigue my ears into hurting.
I think their pretty good for gaming with, the passive isolation, decent soundstage
Grado Sr80i - Music Listening session cans
Sony XB500- Basshead cans, for some occasional gaming, and bass music sessions
Koss Portapros- for Gaming primarily.
Computer source: Asus G73JH
Well here's the thing, the BH, and nearly every other amp with bass boost for that matter is an on/off switch or button or whatever. But with the ZO2, you have 32 bass contours, each increasing, and peaking at a lower frequency. The amp part of the ZO is actually not very good I'll admit, but the bass quantity is UN FRIKKIN REAL, and for that alone I recommend it in this thread above all other amps.
Craigster has recommended double amping the ZO with E11 so you get the quality from the E11, but the bass boost from the ZO, and I'm going to be doing something very similar with the BH once it arrives.
I am a disciple of the double amping idea........my source (iPhone or iPad) into E-11, then into ZO and ending at my XB700's. think I'm a bass head? And to top it iff, my source has either Equalizer or EQ10 driving with a V curve.
An amazing combination. And to think I almost sold my ZO.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 20 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 34 seconds ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 1 minute ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)