- 134 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Location: Houston
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 1:06 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Today
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
It has a solid build that if you want to break them, you should do something extreme to them. Still it comes with 2 years of warranty and if you do break these, you can get a new one at %50...
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 286
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not representing Head-fi, just sharing my personal opinion that they aren't bad at all for $70 if you are a basshead. At their full retail price, I agree there are better options, nor would I personally use them.
Edited by Craigster75 - 1/13/13 at 9:33am
not too much of a Basshead, was never wanted to be one.
But ill say that Sony isn't kidding when they say eXtra Bass...
Been with my Xb500's since I was gifted them. around 2011.
but to me I can say..... that wearing them + listening to them, the bass starts to fatigue my ears into hurting.
I think their pretty good for gaming with, the passive isolation, decent soundstage
Grado Sr80i - Music Listening session cans
Sony XB500- Basshead cans, for some occasional gaming, and bass music sessions
Koss Portapros- for Gaming primarily.
Computer source: Asus G73JH
Well here's the thing, the BH, and nearly every other amp with bass boost for that matter is an on/off switch or button or whatever. But with the ZO2, you have 32 bass contours, each increasing, and peaking at a lower frequency. The amp part of the ZO is actually not very good I'll admit, but the bass quantity is UN FRIKKIN REAL, and for that alone I recommend it in this thread above all other amps.
Craigster has recommended double amping the ZO with E11 so you get the quality from the E11, but the bass boost from the ZO, and I'm going to be doing something very similar with the BH once it arrives.
I am a disciple of the double amping idea........my source (iPhone or iPad) into E-11, then into ZO and ending at my XB700's. think I'm a bass head? And to top it iff, my source has either Equalizer or EQ10 driving with a V curve.
An amazing combination. And to think I almost sold my ZO.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 24 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 48 seconds ago
- › CanJam Music Appreciation Contest 53 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 56 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 3 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3