- 134 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Location: Houston
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 11:02 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
The Basshead Club - Page 286
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not representing Head-fi, just sharing my personal opinion that they aren't bad at all for $70 if you are a basshead. At their full retail price, I agree there are better options, nor would I personally use them.
Edited by Craigster75 - 1/13/13 at 9:33am
not too much of a Basshead, was never wanted to be one.
But ill say that Sony isn't kidding when they say eXtra Bass...
Been with my Xb500's since I was gifted them. around 2011.
but to me I can say..... that wearing them + listening to them, the bass starts to fatigue my ears into hurting.
I think their pretty good for gaming with, the passive isolation, decent soundstage
Grado Sr80i - Music Listening session cans
Sony XB500- Basshead cans, for some occasional gaming, and bass music sessions
Koss Portapros- for Gaming primarily.
Computer source: Asus G73JH
Well here's the thing, the BH, and nearly every other amp with bass boost for that matter is an on/off switch or button or whatever. But with the ZO2, you have 32 bass contours, each increasing, and peaking at a lower frequency. The amp part of the ZO is actually not very good I'll admit, but the bass quantity is UN FRIKKIN REAL, and for that alone I recommend it in this thread above all other amps.
Craigster has recommended double amping the ZO with E11 so you get the quality from the E11, but the bass boost from the ZO, and I'm going to be doing something very similar with the BH once it arrives.
I am a disciple of the double amping idea........my source (iPhone or iPad) into E-11, then into ZO and ending at my XB700's. think I'm a bass head? And to top it iff, my source has either Equalizer or EQ10 driving with a V curve.
An amazing combination. And to think I almost sold my ZO.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 30 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 38 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 42 seconds ago
- › Help choosing headphones for computer. MDRHW700DS/Fidelio x2/PC 363 46 seconds ago
- › Need help! Anybody with access to Dave Brubeck Quartet's 'Take... 1 minute ago
- › Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2