- 134 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Location: Houston
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 3:28 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 286
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not representing Head-fi, just sharing my personal opinion that they aren't bad at all for $70 if you are a basshead. At their full retail price, I agree there are better options, nor would I personally use them.
Edited by Craigster75 - 1/13/13 at 9:33am
not too much of a Basshead, was never wanted to be one.
But ill say that Sony isn't kidding when they say eXtra Bass...
Been with my Xb500's since I was gifted them. around 2011.
but to me I can say..... that wearing them + listening to them, the bass starts to fatigue my ears into hurting.
I think their pretty good for gaming with, the passive isolation, decent soundstage
Grado Sr80i - Music Listening session cans
Sony XB500- Basshead cans, for some occasional gaming, and bass music sessions
Koss Portapros- for Gaming primarily.
Computer source: Asus G73JH
Well here's the thing, the BH, and nearly every other amp with bass boost for that matter is an on/off switch or button or whatever. But with the ZO2, you have 32 bass contours, each increasing, and peaking at a lower frequency. The amp part of the ZO is actually not very good I'll admit, but the bass quantity is UN FRIKKIN REAL, and for that alone I recommend it in this thread above all other amps.
Craigster has recommended double amping the ZO with E11 so you get the quality from the E11, but the bass boost from the ZO, and I'm going to be doing something very similar with the BH once it arrives.
I am a disciple of the double amping idea........my source (iPhone or iPad) into E-11, then into ZO and ending at my XB700's. think I'm a bass head? And to top it iff, my source has either Equalizer or EQ10 driving with a V curve.
An amazing combination. And to think I almost sold my ZO.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Used K1000 for $600?! just now
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 11 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 47 seconds ago
- › New Version of Audirvana + 57 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Tralucent Audio: Ref 1 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)