- 134 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Location: Houston
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 1:53 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- ~Photos by me~ The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 286
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not representing Head-fi, just sharing my personal opinion that they aren't bad at all for $70 if you are a basshead. At their full retail price, I agree there are better options, nor would I personally use them.
Edited by Craigster75 - 1/13/13 at 9:33am
not too much of a Basshead, was never wanted to be one.
But ill say that Sony isn't kidding when they say eXtra Bass...
Been with my Xb500's since I was gifted them. around 2011.
but to me I can say..... that wearing them + listening to them, the bass starts to fatigue my ears into hurting.
I think their pretty good for gaming with, the passive isolation, decent soundstage
Grado Sr80i - Music Listening session cans
Sony XB500- Basshead cans, for some occasional gaming, and bass music sessions
Koss Portapros- for Gaming primarily.
Computer source: Asus G73JH
Well here's the thing, the BH, and nearly every other amp with bass boost for that matter is an on/off switch or button or whatever. But with the ZO2, you have 32 bass contours, each increasing, and peaking at a lower frequency. The amp part of the ZO is actually not very good I'll admit, but the bass quantity is UN FRIKKIN REAL, and for that alone I recommend it in this thread above all other amps.
Craigster has recommended double amping the ZO with E11 so you get the quality from the E11, but the bass boost from the ZO, and I'm going to be doing something very similar with the BH once it arrives.
I am a disciple of the double amping idea........my source (iPhone or iPad) into E-11, then into ZO and ending at my XB700's. think I'm a bass head? And to top it iff, my source has either Equalizer or EQ10 driving with a V curve.
An amazing combination. And to think I almost sold my ZO.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hottest Sonic Electronix deals and promotions. 30 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 8 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 12 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 14 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 14 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue M 14 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 AUGUST 30TH DATE CONFIRMED 15 minutes ago
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2