It does have a bass boost, check out H20Fidelity's review on it here, http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
The Basshead Club - Page 285post #4261 of 98491/12/13 at 8:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4262 of 98491/12/13 at 10:42pmpost #4263 of 98491/13/13 at 12:16amQuote:
I agree on this. The E11 will be my preferred choice between the 2. It is a powerful amp than does more in a general sense than the ZO2.3, which is primarily used purely as a bass booster.post #4264 of 98491/13/13 at 12:19amQuote:Originally Posted by Jlox1
Oh no i'm not a V-MODA fan, I just want some good, portable, bass cans preferably really comfortable, and under 200. Honestly i'm torn right now betwwen, being cheap and getting the XB500 (Which I've heard), or going all out and getting the Pioneer HDJ 1500 (Which I haven't heard). I really liked the XB500, and I LOVED the Pioneer HDJ 500, 1000, and 2000. So the 1500 is off of assumption.
The Sony XB series' house sound is very different from the cans in Pioneer's HDJ series. I haven't heard the 1500 myself, but I have a feeling that it will sound like its siblings. After all, all 3 cans in the HDJ series have a similar sound signature - punchy bass, and pretty detailed sound. The same can be said in general for the XB cans - pure bass monsters in general. If you like what you hear in the XB500, you should get an XB can; and if you like Pioneer's house sound, just go for an HDJ headphone.post #4265 of 98491/13/13 at 4:26ampost #4266 of 98491/13/13 at 4:57ampost #4267 of 98491/13/13 at 5:46am
Mids are much better than the DT770, and I much prefer the smoother highs of the M100
I do think detail is better on the M100 too, soundstage isnt quite as big but not too much smaller though, it might just be the more distant sig of the DT770 making me feel this, not sure!
The M100 is the better phone for sure, the DT770 for nearly a 3rd of the price though is still a great deal if protability isnt an issue!post #4268 of 98491/13/13 at 6:05ampost #4269 of 98491/13/13 at 6:25ampost #4270 of 98491/13/13 at 6:55am
If that is the case, I don't hold it against the E11 since the E11 is a portable amp and the 160 ohm FA-011 is hardly portable.post #4271 of 98491/13/13 at 7:16amQuote:
With Q40 + ZO2.1 I use 14% windows volume versus ~44% ampless (Realtek onboard). :p With XB500 + ZO2.3/ZO1 I had to use 11% and ~38% ampless. If I would listen to such volume with ZO activated I'd be deaf quick, already ZO2.1 + 18-20% with Q40 is painfully loud to me.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 1/13/13 at 7:21ampost #4272 of 98491/13/13 at 8:58amI'll tell you all what, this is what I'm looking for Comfort, Bass, And I don't want them to be TOO big. Basically I want an upgraded CAL! or an upgraded Noontec, or an upgraded xb500. I like the D1100 but I don't to pay $200 more like 160ish Maxpost #4273 of 98491/13/13 at 9:09amQuote:
Monster N-Tunepost #4274 of 98491/13/13 at 9:17ampost #4275 of 98491/13/13 at 9:23amThey're cheap and plasticy IMO, they're on the same level as skull candy headphones.
Look into the ultrasone DJ 1 or DJ 1 pro for that price range.
Edited by chuckle490 - 1/13/13 at 9:25am
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 43 seconds ago
- › New to audio with new gear: The Xiang Sheng DA-03A. Don't think you... 54 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 5 minutes ago
- › upgrade suggestion from dba-02/brainwavz b2 that will make my jaw... 5 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 8 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude