It does have a bass boost, check out H20Fidelity's review on it here, http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Between those 3 headphones which one is the best Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
This headphone has a great neutral sound but I can see many people finding the bass a bit too lean yet not light. This can be due to poor seal which as mentioned earlier is a bit tough to get for...
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
The Basshead Club - Page 285post #4261 of 84831/12/13 at 8:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4262 of 84831/12/13 at 10:42pmpost #4263 of 84831/13/13 at 12:16amQuote:
I agree on this. The E11 will be my preferred choice between the 2. It is a powerful amp than does more in a general sense than the ZO2.3, which is primarily used purely as a bass booster.post #4264 of 84831/13/13 at 12:19amQuote:Originally Posted by Jlox1
Oh no i'm not a V-MODA fan, I just want some good, portable, bass cans preferably really comfortable, and under 200. Honestly i'm torn right now betwwen, being cheap and getting the XB500 (Which I've heard), or going all out and getting the Pioneer HDJ 1500 (Which I haven't heard). I really liked the XB500, and I LOVED the Pioneer HDJ 500, 1000, and 2000. So the 1500 is off of assumption.
The Sony XB series' house sound is very different from the cans in Pioneer's HDJ series. I haven't heard the 1500 myself, but I have a feeling that it will sound like its siblings. After all, all 3 cans in the HDJ series have a similar sound signature - punchy bass, and pretty detailed sound. The same can be said in general for the XB cans - pure bass monsters in general. If you like what you hear in the XB500, you should get an XB can; and if you like Pioneer's house sound, just go for an HDJ headphone.post #4265 of 84831/13/13 at 4:26ampost #4266 of 84831/13/13 at 4:57ampost #4267 of 84831/13/13 at 5:46am
Mids are much better than the DT770, and I much prefer the smoother highs of the M100
I do think detail is better on the M100 too, soundstage isnt quite as big but not too much smaller though, it might just be the more distant sig of the DT770 making me feel this, not sure!
The M100 is the better phone for sure, the DT770 for nearly a 3rd of the price though is still a great deal if protability isnt an issue!post #4268 of 84831/13/13 at 6:05ampost #4269 of 84831/13/13 at 6:25ampost #4270 of 84831/13/13 at 6:55am
If that is the case, I don't hold it against the E11 since the E11 is a portable amp and the 160 ohm FA-011 is hardly portable.post #4271 of 84831/13/13 at 7:16amQuote:
With Q40 + ZO2.1 I use 14% windows volume versus ~44% ampless (Realtek onboard). :p With XB500 + ZO2.3/ZO1 I had to use 11% and ~38% ampless. If I would listen to such volume with ZO activated I'd be deaf quick, already ZO2.1 + 18-20% with Q40 is painfully loud to me.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 1/13/13 at 7:21ampost #4272 of 84831/13/13 at 8:58amI'll tell you all what, this is what I'm looking for Comfort, Bass, And I don't want them to be TOO big. Basically I want an upgraded CAL! or an upgraded Noontec, or an upgraded xb500. I like the D1100 but I don't to pay $200 more like 160ish Maxpost #4273 of 84831/13/13 at 9:09amQuote:
Monster N-Tunepost #4274 of 84831/13/13 at 9:17ampost #4275 of 84831/13/13 at 9:23amThey're cheap and plasticy IMO, they're on the same level as skull candy headphones.
Look into the ultrasone DJ 1 or DJ 1 pro for that price range.
Edited by chuckle490 - 1/13/13 at 9:25am
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Hybrid IEM comparison requested: Astrotec AX60, DUNU DN1000, TPEOS... 30 seconds ago
- › REVIEW : DUNU DN1000 - Immensely Capable Hybrid IEM 2 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MH1 sound problem 3 minutes ago
- › Kramer-mod... KSC75... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Amp/Dac recommendations 5 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by countolaf
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital