- 4,022 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Between those 3 headphones which one is the best Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
The Basshead Club - Page 284post #4246 of 83561/12/13 at 4:41pmOkay, I think I'm going to order the ZO2 right now, is that a good choice?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4247 of 83561/12/13 at 4:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by chuckle490
I tried the M-80 at radio shack recently with my E11 and I would have to agree they have very little bass emphasis.
I need some opinions on this portable rig I have in my mind. How do you guys think an iPod classic 160 GB>LOD>JDS Labs O2> ZO 2> V-MODA M-100 would sound? I would like to get the the O2 with the ODAC and for use at home and as a portable.
The ZO2 will ruin the sound of the JDSLabs O2.
Edited by miow - 1/12/13 at 4:54pmpost #4248 of 83561/12/13 at 4:50pmpost #4249 of 83561/12/13 at 4:59pmQuote:
It depends if you're looking for good SQ or not. If you are, get the C&C BH instead.post #4250 of 83561/12/13 at 5:36pmpost #4251 of 83561/12/13 at 5:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1
Well here's the thing, the BH, and nearly every other amp with bass boost for that matter is an on/off switch or button or whatever. But with the ZO2, you have 32 bass contours, each increasing, and peaking at a lower frequency. The amp part of the ZO is actually not very good I'll admit, but the bass quantity is UN FRIKKIN REAL, and for that alone I recommend it in this thread above all other amps.
Craigster has recommended double amping the ZO with E11 so you get the quality from the E11, but the bass boost from the ZO, and I'm going to be doing something very similar with the BH once it arrives.
Edited by Apo0th3karY - 1/12/13 at 5:55pmpost #4252 of 83561/12/13 at 6:03pmpost #4253 of 83561/12/13 at 6:07pmQuote:
It endeed does. I had to sell it because of that and stay with the E11 only. Later I got a JDSLabs C421 (minor improvement) and now a C&C BH (big step up) and a C&C XO2 (even better).
Edited by miow - 1/12/13 at 6:09pmpost #4254 of 83561/12/13 at 6:19pmpost #4255 of 83561/12/13 at 6:23pmQuote:
If I had to choose between ZO2 and E11, as I own both, I would go with the E11 first. The E11 does much more with the whole spectrum and comes with a very respectable bass boost second only to the ZO2. I see the ZO2 as the icing on the cake more than a primary amp.post #4256 of 83561/12/13 at 6:26pmpost #4257 of 83561/12/13 at 6:26pmQuote:Yeah, I was thinking about putting the ZO2 into my Magni (ZO2 first), making even my HD650's bass canons!Originally Posted by Craigster75Quote:
If I had to choose between ZO2 and E11, as I own both, I would go with the E11 first. The E11 does much more with the whole spectrum and comes with a very respectable bass boost second only to the ZO2. I see the ZO2 as the icing on the cake more than a primary amp.post #4258 of 83561/12/13 at 8:39pmpost #4259 of 83561/12/13 at 8:45pmQuote:
But does the C&C BH have bass boost?
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 44 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › Razer Kraken Forged Edition - Razer's tiny step into hi-fi territory? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Issues with mobile site on Android 4.4 using Chrome 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 303 IEMs compared (Noble 4S Added 11/28/13 p.813) 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 3 minutes ago
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi