Well, I'm off to best buy to get the xb800s. I'm not expecting anything awesome, so we will see if they're able to top my modded ad900s.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 4:28 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 277
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My new DT770 pads should be in by next week already added some extra padding by cutting up a mic cover .
I listened to xb800s, and honestly overall the in the line of xb's, only the 500 is worth its price. All others are more or less the same, xb500s are best bang for your buck and has the most amount of bass out of the line.
You won't get much better than pro700mkII in terms of bass really other than gluing subwoofers to your head.
taco I will pick up the 500's too for a try out. i have already boxed up my pro700mkII, and am returning them to amazon soon. I just absolutely love the looks of the m100's so hopefully they sound great and i can keep them thank you for your input
M100s are good bassheadphoens, but they're more musically balanced and you wouldn't get as much bass out of it.
p.s. I use the Z02 is there something better?
Though he states he uses the Z02 which is pretty much a subbass enhancing amp, and so, will retain the musicality, whilst adding a lot more oomph, without distortion.
I'm abut to order my M-100s, what portable amp should I pair with them and my iPod classic 7th gen for the cleanest bass boost? I was thinking the C421 but I could just wait for the E12 possibly.
Edited by chuckle490 - 1/9/13 at 5:29pm
I forgot to mention that I already own the Fiio E11 so I'm looking for an upgrade from that, for my M-100. I checked out the C&C BH, I can't find any reviews for it really.
Edit: Oh wait I just foiund H2O's review for it, that he PM'd me a week ago. I have to say, it looks impressive, but is it the est choice for sub $200 with the M-100 out of an iPod classic with a LOD?
Edited by chuckle490 - 1/9/13 at 7:05pm
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beats by Dre question, could you like them if.. 32 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 49 seconds ago
- › Cavalli Liquid Glass using low standard materials 52 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 1 minute ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2014 tube amp rankings 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)