Well, I'm off to best buy to get the xb800s. I'm not expecting anything awesome, so we will see if they're able to top my modded ad900s.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 2:31 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 277
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My new DT770 pads should be in by next week already added some extra padding by cutting up a mic cover .
I listened to xb800s, and honestly overall the in the line of xb's, only the 500 is worth its price. All others are more or less the same, xb500s are best bang for your buck and has the most amount of bass out of the line.
You won't get much better than pro700mkII in terms of bass really other than gluing subwoofers to your head.
taco I will pick up the 500's too for a try out. i have already boxed up my pro700mkII, and am returning them to amazon soon. I just absolutely love the looks of the m100's so hopefully they sound great and i can keep them thank you for your input
M100s are good bassheadphoens, but they're more musically balanced and you wouldn't get as much bass out of it.
p.s. I use the Z02 is there something better?
Though he states he uses the Z02 which is pretty much a subbass enhancing amp, and so, will retain the musicality, whilst adding a lot more oomph, without distortion.
I'm abut to order my M-100s, what portable amp should I pair with them and my iPod classic 7th gen for the cleanest bass boost? I was thinking the C421 but I could just wait for the E12 possibly.
Edited by chuckle490 - 1/9/13 at 5:29pm
I forgot to mention that I already own the Fiio E11 so I'm looking for an upgrade from that, for my M-100. I checked out the C&C BH, I can't find any reviews for it really.
Edit: Oh wait I just foiund H2O's review for it, that he PM'd me a week ago. I have to say, it looks impressive, but is it the est choice for sub $200 with the M-100 out of an iPod classic with a LOD?
Edited by chuckle490 - 1/9/13 at 7:05pm
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 23 seconds ago
- › Mostly Neutral, slightly warm headphones for Jazz 35 seconds ago
- › Help finding headphones + amp + dac 53 seconds ago
- › Just got my M50x, thinking about getting something else 58 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October 25-26 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)