Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
The Basshead Club - Page 274post #4096 of 100061/7/13 at 8:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4097 of 100061/7/13 at 8:22pmpost #4098 of 100061/7/13 at 8:34pmThey are available from Sony, JR and amazon from what I've seen, probably even more places too. I just want a nice looking, portable ridiculously bassy set of cans and it is impossible to pull the trigger. I think that when the XB800 drops in price a bit I will have to get a pair! Even though I said that about the LP's...post #4099 of 100061/7/13 at 9:59pmQuote:
I will know later today ; )post #4100 of 100061/7/13 at 10:01pmpost #4101 of 100061/7/13 at 10:03pm
Man, its 6 AM here. lol. You better check by 12:00 AM or so your time. They will arrive till my 6 PM.
Although I won't elaborate much without burn-in, so I'll give them 50hrs at least till full "review" (well, more of a very personal opinion).
Edited by miow - 1/7/13 at 10:59pmpost #4102 of 100061/8/13 at 2:41am
Hello bassheads! ^^
I come to you looking for a pair of -comfortable -fullsize -closed -basshead headphones for under $100 mostly for home use, I will use my laptop as source and sometimes on the go on my mobile phone, I have the FiiO E07K DAC/AMP.
I've been looking for a while for headphones, at first I was going for DT 770 PRO or Custom One, but I had to readjust the budget so now I am looking for BASS under 100$. 90% hip hop, 10% psy trance.
Best regardspost #4103 of 100061/8/13 at 4:32ampost #4104 of 100061/8/13 at 7:02am
I forgot to mention that noise isolation is a must because of the people I live with, I like alot the XB500 and I ve been watching alot of reviews and people seems to complain about the sound leakage :(post #4105 of 100061/8/13 at 8:27am
I can't wait to hear your impressions on the XB800/900. Anyway, I've managed to convince my wife to get me one for an early Valentine's Day gift.
Btw, I like the RHP-10s myself, and I think they are quite good at delivering a huge bass slam. It's a shame about the clamp, though. I think they crush my head even harder than the PRO700MK2s.post #4106 of 100061/8/13 at 9:22am
Just got them. Straight out of the box (0 burn-in) the bass is MUCH tighter than the XB500 and the sub-bass rumbles as low as 10Hz. Purr. The bass doesn't bleed into the mids, mids and highs are crystal clear, with excelent resolution ala K167/K701. Isolation is second to none, even more than the AKG K167's. This new technology from SONY (Advanced Direct Vibe Structure) is nothing but stunning. Best basshead phones I have ever heard. Let's give them some 50 hours now. If they improve even further, is a dream come true for just 129€. The bass quantity/punch blows the RHP-10's out of the water.
Edited by miow - 1/8/13 at 10:27ampost #4107 of 100061/8/13 at 10:14am
Soundstage is exactky like an open can. I don't know how SONY could achieve this in such a small cup. I'm not accostumed to this in closed cans, quite strange. Instrument separation is also superb, as good as the highs and mids. And this is just right out of the boxpost #4108 of 100061/8/13 at 10:17am
The highs are so separated from the lows that looks like a triple dynamic driver or even better, a 2.1 speaker with a high-end subwoofer. I still can't beleive this, sorry about the 3 posts.post #4109 of 100061/8/13 at 10:26am
Even Lara Fabian gives a punch in your head like Mike Tyson in its best. lol. Now imagine EDM. It's just insane!!!
There's an Appreciation Thread already for these.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Music Game IX 6 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/12/2014: Monster... 32 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 32 seconds ago
- › Good Christian rock bands? 42 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Beatles or Pink Floyd.....Cast your vote 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMan HE-300 to V-Moda M-100. Upgrade or sidegrade? 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude