Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Between those 3 headphones which one is the best Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
The Basshead Club - Page 274post #4096 of 84671/7/13 at 8:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4097 of 84671/7/13 at 8:22pmpost #4098 of 84671/7/13 at 8:34pmThey are available from Sony, JR and amazon from what I've seen, probably even more places too. I just want a nice looking, portable ridiculously bassy set of cans and it is impossible to pull the trigger. I think that when the XB800 drops in price a bit I will have to get a pair! Even though I said that about the LP's...post #4099 of 84671/7/13 at 9:59pmQuote:
I will know later today ; )post #4100 of 84671/7/13 at 10:01pmpost #4101 of 84671/7/13 at 10:03pm
Man, its 6 AM here. lol. You better check by 12:00 AM or so your time. They will arrive till my 6 PM.
Although I won't elaborate much without burn-in, so I'll give them 50hrs at least till full "review" (well, more of a very personal opinion).
Edited by miow - 1/7/13 at 10:59pmpost #4102 of 84671/8/13 at 2:41am
Hello bassheads! ^^
I come to you looking for a pair of -comfortable -fullsize -closed -basshead headphones for under $100 mostly for home use, I will use my laptop as source and sometimes on the go on my mobile phone, I have the FiiO E07K DAC/AMP.
I've been looking for a while for headphones, at first I was going for DT 770 PRO or Custom One, but I had to readjust the budget so now I am looking for BASS under 100$. 90% hip hop, 10% psy trance.
Best regardspost #4103 of 84671/8/13 at 4:32ampost #4104 of 84671/8/13 at 7:02am
I forgot to mention that noise isolation is a must because of the people I live with, I like alot the XB500 and I ve been watching alot of reviews and people seems to complain about the sound leakage :(post #4105 of 84671/8/13 at 8:27am
I can't wait to hear your impressions on the XB800/900. Anyway, I've managed to convince my wife to get me one for an early Valentine's Day gift.
Btw, I like the RHP-10s myself, and I think they are quite good at delivering a huge bass slam. It's a shame about the clamp, though. I think they crush my head even harder than the PRO700MK2s.post #4106 of 84671/8/13 at 9:22am
Just got them. Straight out of the box (0 burn-in) the bass is MUCH tighter than the XB500 and the sub-bass rumbles as low as 10Hz. Purr. The bass doesn't bleed into the mids, mids and highs are crystal clear, with excelent resolution ala K167/K701. Isolation is second to none, even more than the AKG K167's. This new technology from SONY (Advanced Direct Vibe Structure) is nothing but stunning. Best basshead phones I have ever heard. Let's give them some 50 hours now. If they improve even further, is a dream come true for just 129€. The bass quantity/punch blows the RHP-10's out of the water.
Edited by miow - 1/8/13 at 10:27ampost #4107 of 84671/8/13 at 10:14am
Soundstage is exactky like an open can. I don't know how SONY could achieve this in such a small cup. I'm not accostumed to this in closed cans, quite strange. Instrument separation is also superb, as good as the highs and mids. And this is just right out of the boxpost #4108 of 84671/8/13 at 10:17am
The highs are so separated from the lows that looks like a triple dynamic driver or even better, a 2.1 speaker with a high-end subwoofer. I still can't beleive this, sorry about the 3 posts.post #4109 of 84671/8/13 at 10:26am
Even Lara Fabian gives a punch in your head like Mike Tyson in its best. lol. Now imagine EDM. It's just insane!!!
There's an Appreciation Thread already for these.
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › WTB Rooms Audio Stand 2 minutes ago
- › Got new headphone, V-Moda M100. How to properly power it? 2 minutes ago
- › Question Regarding FiiO E6 Portable Headphone Amplifier & Sony XBA... 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 7 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 8 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Differences between AKG 240's? 10 minutes ago
- › Grado ramblings... 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital