New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 272  

post #4066 of 11259

Just got the XB800. Will post impressions tomorrow.

post #4067 of 11259

In short, what would be an upgrade to the Shure SE215 in terms of general SQ and preferrably, stronger bass too within the range of £400 (400 being the absolute maximum for something that would blow my mind as I would much prefer spending around £200 to £300 for a good improvement)?

post #4068 of 11259

ie80

post #4069 of 11259

JVC FXZ200

post #4070 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalacarlo View Post

Is the sony mdr xb1000s worth buying? I see amazon still selling them and i am actually willing to find a job to get the 1000s (i am a teenager). Which one are better, the xb700s or the xb1000s? 

 

I prefer the XB700. It's quite huge sub-bass that is on par with XB1000, and greater mid-bass quantity that is quite lacking in its bigger brother. Plus, the XB1000 is way too big for comfortable use . The XB1000 is a disappointment, to be honest. It's not a bad can per se, it's just not worth (at least) twice what the XB700 costs.

post #4071 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobff View Post

Anybody running a fiiO e6 + Crossfade LP combo? Like did it improve it at all. I'm currently running eq maxing out the bass, but maybe the E6 will imporve my experiences.

 

Hmm, I've got to dust off the E6 for that, but I'm running Crossfade LP off of an E11, and it's fantastic. The E6 will probably do a bit to boost the low end of the LPs.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post

In short, what would be an upgrade to the Shure SE215 in terms of general SQ and preferrably, stronger bass too within the range of £400 (400 being the absolute maximum for something that would blow my mind as I would much prefer spending around £200 to £300 for a good improvement)?

 

You can try the IE8/IE80 or the Westone 3.

post #4072 of 11259

I need some opinions from my fellow bassheads. I just bought an AKG K550 for cheap. It was an impulse buy.

I would like to know how the bass quantity/impact is compared to other headphones? M50? CAL!?  

I know it's not a basshead can and I'm not expecting it to be a basshead can, but I would like to know if I use it for EDM and rap will it be lacking?

 

Read a few reviews with mixed opinions on bass quantity.


Edited by RoMee - 1/7/13 at 9:15am
post #4073 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post

I need some opinions from my fellow bassheads. I just bought an AKG K550 for cheap. It was an impulse buy.

I would like to know how the bass quantity/impact is compared to other headphones? M50? CAL!?  

I know it's not a basshead can and I'm not expecting it to be a basshead can, but I would like to know if I use it for EDM and rap will it be lacking?

 

Read a few reviews with mixed opinions on bass quantity.

 

When I auditioned them they had horrible seal, making the bass quantity slim to none. I had to press them against my head, then I felt the bass, and they're decently neutral to my ears, so I wouldn't expect the quantity to be much more than M50s maybe. 

post #4074 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post

I need some opinions from my fellow bassheads. I just bought an AKG K550 for cheap. It was an impulse buy.

I would like to know how the bass quantity/impact is compared to other headphones? M50? CAL!?  

I know it's not a basshead can and I'm not expecting it to be a basshead can, but I would like to know if I use it for EDM and rap will it be lacking?

 

Read a few reviews with mixed opinions on bass quantity.


The AKG K550 is NOT a basshead can at all.  They have almost the opposite signature of what one would want for EDM or rap IMO.


Edited by Craigster75 - 1/7/13 at 10:08am
post #4075 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

 

When I auditioned them they had horrible seal, making the bass quantity slim to none. I had to press them against my head, then I felt the bass, and they're decently neutral to my ears, so I wouldn't expect the quantity to be much more than M50s maybe. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


The AKG K550 is NOT a basshead can at all.  They have almost the opposite signature of what one would want for EDM or rap IMO.

 

That's a little disappointing. 

post #4076 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

 

When I auditioned them they had horrible seal, making the bass quantity slim to none. I had to press them against my head, then I felt the bass, and they're decently neutral to my ears, so I wouldn't expect the quantity to be much more than M50s maybe. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


The AKG K550 is NOT a basshead can at all.  They have almost the opposite signature of what one would want for EDM or rap IMO.

 

That's a little disappointing. 

 

Yeah I was REALLY excited to hear them because of all the good reviews and they're actually a very nice looking can. Boy was I ever disappointed. If AKG fixes the seal issue with them, then they're definitely a great sparkly can, but like craigster said, not a basshead can at all. I'd choose them for the detail and airyness that they have.

post #4077 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

 

Yeah I was REALLY excited to hear them because of all the good reviews and they're actually a very nice looking can. Boy was I ever disappointed. If AKG fixes the seal issue with them, then they're definitely a great sparkly can, but like craigster said, not a basshead can at all. I'd choose them for the detail and airyness that they have.

I wasn't expecting them to be basshead can but I was hoping they would be kinda like the portapro. Not basshead but okay-ish.

I wonder if there's a full size headphone that sounds like the portapro but with bigger bass?

post #4078 of 11259

Think of it as a CAL! bass quanrtity wise, but the mids and highs are fantastic.

post #4079 of 11259
If I was going to get an insanely bassy set-up, just to show my friends that beats don't have "The most hertz. tongue.gif) Would I get a Digizoid ZO2.3 as an amp and what headphones? With all concerns being bass, and bass alone (But they most be closed)! xD

NOTE: I'm not a huge bass head, AKG K702's had my favorite bass, but I do like to listen to electro/dubstep/trance sometimes, and just want to hear gobs of bass. biggrin.gif
post #4080 of 11259

SONY XB800 ; )

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked