New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 265  

post #3961 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Problem I have had in the past with IEMs is they don't stay in well and I have to continually push them in. How are these and that regard?

 

I've only used them at home in front of my computer so far, using the standard silicone tips (medium size). I usually have a problem with silicone tips as they tend to fall out, but sitting still in front of my computer wearing these, I haven't had any problems yet. Had a 8 hour straight listening session today without taking them out once! That has never happened to me before :) Can't say how they fare when moving around tho! As with every other IEM I have ever used I will also try these out with comply foam tips. Just haven't had the chance to order any just yet.

post #3962 of 11259

Is the athm50 a basshead can? consider that's all it has to offer 

post #3963 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


I very much want to try them, but the place I would buy them doesn't accept returns.  I don't think they would do much more for me from a bass perspective that I am already getting from my M-100 right now.  In fact, I may settle in with them for awhile.  They are great.


Alright :) beerchug.gif

post #3964 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDobermanxX View Post

Is the athm50 a basshead can? consider that's all it has to offer 


They have a modest bass punch, but I do not consider them basshead cans.

post #3965 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDobermanxX View Post

Is the athm50 a basshead can? consider that's all it has to offer 

 

Apparently, there are 2 versions of the M50 - the older model has greater bass quantity; the new revision has more modest bass properties. If you are talking about the new version, then nope, they aren't basshead cans at all.

post #3966 of 11259

Maybe someone in this thread can help me but I'm driving myself insane trying to pick my next pair of headphones. I currently have a fiio e17 and Denon AH-D2000. I love the D2000's but I'm looking for something with a little more bass for watching movies and listening to bass heavy music. I've been looking at the DT770/80, Q40, and Pro700mk2 but I can't decide what to try or maybe I should be looking at something else. I was initially set on the DT770s but I keep hearing conflicting things about them. V-Modas are out of the question for me. I owned the Crossfade LP for a week and had to send them back because I found them to be extremely uncomfortable and couldn't keep them on my head for longer than 30 minutes. 


Edited by AngryGuy - 12/30/12 at 6:56am
post #3967 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGuy View Post

Maybe someone in this thread can help me but I'm driving myself insane trying to pick my next pair of headphones. I currently have a fiio e17 and Denon AH-D2000. I love the D2000's but I'm looking for something with a little more bass for watching movies and listening to bass heavy music. I've been looking at the DT770/80, Q40, and Pro700mk2 but I can't decide what to try or maybe I should be looking at something else. I was initially set on the DT770s but I keep hearing conflicting things about them. V-Modas are out of the question for me. I owned the Crossfade LP for a week and had to send them back because I found them to be extremely uncomfortable and couldn't keep them on my head for longer than 30 minutes. 


Maybe wait a few weeks for the AKG K267

post #3968 of 11259

Are se215's considered basshead phones? As compared to like S4 or turbines.

post #3969 of 11259

Scanning through the posts about the Q40 that I missed before is making them even more tempting... 

post #3970 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by invalid404 View Post

Scanning through the posts about the Q40 that I missed before is making them even more tempting... 


There are pros and cons to every headphone.  While I agree with many of their pros, I found they lack detail and soundstage.  I also experienced above average sibilance with them.  Plus, they are less than comfortable compared to others.

post #3971 of 11259

any suggestions to a very good isolating portable? these i aleady own(ed):

 

- q40: mor focus on upper bass, big, uncomfortable even with beyer velours, narrow soundstage

- dt770: do not find them bassheavy at all. wierd treblespikes to my ears

- akg k518: focus on midbass, lacks sub bass, isolation is good though

- denon d1100: bass is ok, could be even more. isolation is soso, comfort is fine, soundstage lacks some depth

- m80: not bassheavy at all, little warm sounding, next to no isolation

- mdr 1r: not a basshead can, weak isolation

- fidelio m1. bass was ok, but a little warm over all sound. great comfort though

- m50s: realy hate these cans. no soundstage, piercing treble, sub zero sub bass. 

 

coming from iems i would like to get a rumble, similar, to what the sony mh1c delivers. maybe v55s?

post #3972 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Maybe wait a few weeks for the AKG K267

These look promising so I guess I may. I'm not very good at being patient though. Do any regulars here currently have these on preorder?

post #3973 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

any suggestions to a very good isolating portable? these i aleady own(ed):

 

- q40: mor focus on upper bass, big, uncomfortable even with beyer velours, narrow soundstage

- dt770: do not find them bassheavy at all. wierd treblespikes to my ears

- akg k518: focus on midbass, lacks sub bass, isolation is good though

- denon d1100: bass is ok, could be even more. isolation is soso, comfort is fine, soundstage lacks some depth

- m80: not bassheavy at all, little warm sounding, next to no isolation

- mdr 1r: not a basshead can, weak isolation

- fidelio m1. bass was ok, but a little warm over all sound. great comfort though

- m50s: realy hate these cans. no soundstage, piercing treble, sub zero sub bass. 

 

coming from iems i would like to get a rumble, similar, to what the sony mh1c delivers. maybe v55s?


Based on the description above you WANT the M-100.  Imagine the M-80 with extended, smooth highs, deep, authoritative bass and sub-bass, expanded soundstage, more isolation and greater comfort due to the circumaural design in a package that folds up smaller than the M-80.


Edited by Craigster75 - 12/31/12 at 6:42am
post #3974 of 11259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobff View Post

Are se215's considered basshead phones? As compared to like S4 or turbines.

Turbines have a little more bass, but they're not recommended because they are poorly built

post #3975 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmBOS View Post

 

I've only used them at home in front of my computer so far, using the standard silicone tips (medium size). I usually have a problem with silicone tips as they tend to fall out, but sitting still in front of my computer wearing these, I haven't had any problems yet. Had a 8 hour straight listening session today without taking them out once! That has never happened to me before :) Can't say how they fare when moving around tho! As with every other IEM I have ever used I will also try these out with comply foam tips. Just haven't had the chance to order any just yet.

IEMs are very unlikely to fall out when you're sitting down. I have no problems when I'm at home, even with the vPulse. The problem is when I'm wearing them outside. The weight of the cable pulls them down, and if you try to give the cable some slack by clipping it to your clothes, the cable pushes them up, which is even worse. It's almost impossible to keep IEMs in your ears when you're walking, unless it's a very tight seal with lots of pressure on your eardrums, which is definitely not the case with the vPulse. Xears tend to have a very high pressure seal, hence the severe driver flex noise.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked