New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 257  

post #3841 of 11259

 

This is why I bought the Ultrasone DJ1.  My favorite part starts at 3:49


Edited by SkitZ0 - 12/20/12 at 8:00pm
post #3842 of 11259
Does anyone have the PX 100-II? I just got them, but I'm quite impressed by the sound, despite its small size. It had good mid-bass punch without sounding overly bloated. There is also decent sub-bass rumble present.

All in all, it's a slightly dark can with a good bass presentation. I think they make fine good basshead cans! smily_headphones1.gif
post #3843 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

Does anyone have the PX 100-II? I just got them, but I'm quite impressed by the sound, despite its small size. It had good mid-bass punch without sounding overly bloated. There is also decent sub-bass rumble present.
All in all, it's a slightly dark can with a good bass presentation. I think they make fine good basshead cans! smily_headphones1.gif
Haha, that was my first impression of them too. But they're actually quite neutral when it comes to bass. They have those lush mids and recessed highs that make bass seem more prominent for sure. For slamming BASS I use the COP. On that note, ill be picking up some gel pads for them from b&h tomorrow ^_^
post #3844 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny93 View Post

Are you not getting the M100´s I remember you were quite active in the thread leading up to the launch

 

Yea that was until I saw the graph that the lower-mids had a dip which isn't to my liking at all as I'm especially searching for something that would be slightly more forward in the lower-mids in comparision to Q40. I'm looking ideally for around 8dB or so bass boost, 300~1000Hz range about 3~4dB higher in average compared to 2000 - 8000Hz range.

post #3845 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

 

Yea that was until I saw the graph that the lower-mids had a dip which isn't to my liking at all as I'm especially searching for something that would be slightly more forward in the lower-mids in comparision to Q40. I'm looking ideally for around 8dB or so bass boost, 300~1000Hz range about 3~4dB higher in average compared to 2000 - 8000Hz range.


RPG, I appreciate your analytical perspective, but would recommend an evaluation by your ears before dismissing the M-100.  I think you may be missing out.  I have mine paired with Vamp and am ready to throw out my ZO2 and E11 (before anyone asks for them, my son will be the beneficiary of my upgrade).  I think I found sonic perfection with the pairing of M-100 and Vamp.

post #3846 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


RPG, I appreciate your analytical perspective, but would recommend an evaluation by your ears before dismissing the M-100.  I think you may be missing out.  I have mine paired with Vamp and am ready to throw out my ZO2 and E11 (before anyone asks for them, my son will be the beneficiary of my upgrade).  I think I found sonic perfection with the pairing of M-100 and Vamp.

Don't say that...I could barely afford the M100s by themselves! Does an amp really make a significant difference as with all the headphones I've tried they haven't when people have been saying it's night and day, you do get people saying this about cables though too!
post #3847 of 11259

No way I'd ever buy a Vamp though because of the price and I hate apple products but yea I don't see how I will be able to part with ZO either because of its good quality bass boost and perfectly tweakable bass amount so you can just get the exact amount you want. 32-step bass adjustment just can't be beat for my liking, it's like designed for a perfectionist like me that just needs to have that exact bass amount on 0.5dB or so accuracy-basis.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 12/21/12 at 4:17am
post #3848 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

No way I'd ever buy a Vamp though because of the price and I hate apple products but yea I don't see how I will be able to part with ZO either because of its good quality bass boost and perfectly tweakable bass amount so you can just get the exact amount you want. 32-step bass adjustment just can't be beat for my liking, it's like designed for a perfectionist like me that just needs to have that exact bass amount on 0.5dB or so accuracy-basis.

The hardware EQ on my GS3 was good enough to allow me to let go of my Zo! And Vmoda are releasing a Vamp Versa for non apple products, i too don't see myself buying another apple product in my life!
post #3849 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny93 View Post


Don't say that...I could barely afford the M100s by themselves! Does an amp really make a significant difference as with all the headphones I've tried they haven't when people have been saying it's night and day, you do get people saying this about cables though too!


I was a skeptic, but yes, VAMP makes a noticeable difference in SQ, even compared to other amps like the E11.  I can tell Vamp is tuned with the M-100 because I tried it at Best Buy with several other headphones and didn't experience the WOW factor that I am experiencing paired with the M-100.  Plus, as an Iphone 4 owner, it's great to have one solid piece of hardware rather than dealing with cables and rubber bands.   For anyone following this thread that has $800 set aside for a headphone or headphone/portable amp combo, I can imagine how good M-100 paired with Verza will sound and don't think Val is overhyping or exaggerating about how amazing they will sound together based on my experience with VAMP.  The vocal detail and presence of the M-100 is at goosebump-inducing levels through VAMP.

post #3850 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

Yup, I have the WS55. They are pretty solid, punchy cans that actually deliver a decent bass-powered sound without sacrificing too much quality.

Would you consider the bass enough for a moderate basshead?
post #3851 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post


Haha, that was my first impression of them too. But they're actually quite neutral when it comes to bass. They have those lush mids and recessed highs that make bass seem more prominent for sure. For slamming BASS I use the COP. On that note, ill be picking up some gel pads for them from b&h tomorrow ^_^

 

Well, I hope the sound doesn't tame a bit, as I'm loving the sound very much. The slightly dark sound coupled with a solid mid-bass hump in an extremely portable package is a real winner for me. The only downside is the leaky sound due to its open nature.

post #3852 of 11259

... WOW, just got my Indeed G3 ... AND MAN it sounds GREAT for EDM! It has a bass Boost swtich... that literally craps on the E11! Not to mention the Bass Boost also adds a little treble as well! Giving the me the SUper fun V shaped sound I like for my BASS heave music :D

 

And DANG the amps adds some SERIOUS impact! I never used to like Rusko... since my cans didn't have enough Mid... but the Extra Sub AND mid Bass from the Indeed G3... is insane :D EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT. An Xb 700 THROUGH A TUBE AMP! For those who say the mids suck... I say to you SUCK ON MY TUBES xD. Using a Harmoix 6922EH, I'm sure there are bass heavier tubes out there :D

 

Also that HardStyle track you guys linked... sounds amazing from the first second that beat drops :D. Xb700 and Tubes... a match made in heaven ^^ 

 

Hear, I'm diggin this right now :O 

 


Edited by Mshenay - 12/21/12 at 6:50pm
post #3853 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

 

It seems to be of DT990 Pro caliber, ie. among the bassiest open-back headphones that exists. I am very interested in this headphone if it wasn't open-back and leaked like a squeeling pig.

 

I might bite :P

post #3854 of 11259

so i bought the crossfade LP's...couldn't be happier. dare i buy an E11? or would that be so much bass that it would give me a nosebleed.

ALSO dub step fans check out monster cat records. super bassy. 

post #3855 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbehBASS View Post

so i bought the crossfade LP's...couldn't be happier. dare i buy an E11? or would that be so much bass that it would give me a nosebleed.

ALSO dub step fans check out monster cat records. super bassy. 


double amp your LPs with and E11 on setting #2 and a ZO, then we'll talk about too much bass L3000.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked