Well grabbed myself a pair of Beyer DT770 Pro (80 ohm) & very happy with them so far. Stuck Rog Mogale's 30Hz breakbeat test track on & was pleasantly surprised that they actually reproduced the notes! Also hella comfy & feel pretty sturdily built.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 12:47 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
The Basshead Club - Page 254
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So something stylish, durable and bass heavy? V-Moda.... Pretty much.
Get the LP if you just want BASS.
LP2 if you want some more clarity and slightly less bass than the LP.
M100 if you want something with more clarity and less bass.
Or perhaps a PRO700MK2 with an E11.
Fellow bassheads, I have a test for you. If you have an LED clock like this (it has to be one with color), I want you to find your bassiest song and blast it out before it distorts. When you look at the clock, the numbers should start jiggling. If they don't, then that means that either you don't have the right type of clock. your song isn't that bassy, or you aren't a basshead
Edit: I've been playing around with it, and Bingo Players - L'Amour seems to do it pretty well.
Well I should be receiving them within the next couple of weeks...I will post my opinions when they come!
I'm expecting them to have much better mids and more mid bass, sub bass would probably lean towards the DT770 as you say!
I don't really do THAT much home listening so the portability of the M100 is a big plus for me!
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Why the Beats Hate? 2 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 35 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 44 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to replace my Audeze LCD-2. Recommendations for alternatives? 5 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 6 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 8 minutes ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 8 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2