Well grabbed myself a pair of Beyer DT770 Pro (80 ohm) & very happy with them so far. Stuck Rog Mogale's 30Hz breakbeat test track on & was pleasantly surprised that they actually reproduced the notes! Also hella comfy & feel pretty sturdily built.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 9:49 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? Last post on 8/18/13 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
The Basshead Club - Page 254
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So something stylish, durable and bass heavy? V-Moda.... Pretty much.
Get the LP if you just want BASS.
LP2 if you want some more clarity and slightly less bass than the LP.
M100 if you want something with more clarity and less bass.
Or perhaps a PRO700MK2 with an E11.
Fellow bassheads, I have a test for you. If you have an LED clock like this (it has to be one with color), I want you to find your bassiest song and blast it out before it distorts. When you look at the clock, the numbers should start jiggling. If they don't, then that means that either you don't have the right type of clock. your song isn't that bassy, or you aren't a basshead
Edit: I've been playing around with it, and Bingo Players - L'Amour seems to do it pretty well.
Well I should be receiving them within the next couple of weeks...I will post my opinions when they come!
I'm expecting them to have much better mids and more mid bass, sub bass would probably lean towards the DT770 as you say!
I don't really do THAT much home listening so the portability of the M100 is a big plus for me!
- The Basshead Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 52 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Switcher, selector, splitter, or whatchamacallit? 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 7 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 11 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)