New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 253  

post #3781 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post

any particular reason why the audio technica a900x isnt on either lists of basshead cans? i ask because im looking at headphones to get in the (probably distant) future and these are pretty high on the list to consider, whereas they arent even mentioned in this thread... ive read reviews claiming these are 2nd only to the denon d2k for sub bass...is it because no one has tried them?

... sound is subjective... and Audio Technica and the D2k is not a BIG SUB BASS, monster. Yes it's got GREAT sub and it's a bass head can but... any less that the D2k and I wouldn't call it a bass head can any more

 

Heck my Dt 880 has more mid bass than my XB 700s but the dt 880s are not Bass cans. where as the XB 700s add enough Sub End bass to make EVERYTHING bump... even if it's just a little <3 

post #3782 of 11259
M-100 or dt770 80pro with fiio e11?
post #3783 of 11259

Sup buddies. You guys miss me? popcorn.gif

post #3784 of 11259

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: the HFI-780 is NOT a basshead can under any circumstances. My old ATH-M50s straight out pummel the 780s in bass quantity. HFI-780 vs. my headphones: there's no point in even trying to describe it. 

 

The A900x has a frequency graph similar the the Pro700mkII, but it looks a bit more balanced, and the upper frequencies are more forward. Pro700MKII/A900x. I'd say they are worthy of being put on the list. 


Edited by Trae - 12/18/12 at 4:23pm
post #3785 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecd423 View Post

M-100 or dt770 80pro with fiio e11?

 

M-100 of course.

post #3786 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

M-100 of course.

Have you heard both? I have the M100 on the way and already own the DT770 Pro 80 so do you think it will be an upgrade? I thought the Beyers may still be used at home and M100s for portability

Cheers
post #3787 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: the HFI-780 is NOT a basshead can under any circumstances. My old ATH-M50s straight out pummel the 780s in bass quantity. HFI-780 vs. my headphones: there's no point in even trying to describe it. 

 

The A900x has a frequency graph similar the the Pro700mkII, but it looks a bit more balanced, and the upper frequencies are more forward. Pro700MKII/A900x. I'd say they are worthy of being put on the list. 

Hmm neato, I wouldn't mind hearing them. I've yet to listen to ANY Audio Technica Cans e,e

post #3788 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny93 View Post

Have you heard both? I have the M100 on the way and already own the DT770 Pro 80 so do you think it will be an upgrade? I thought the Beyers may still be used at home and M100s for portability
Cheers

I have the 770/80s and am very interested in the m100s. However I worry that the m100s would have less soundstaging, comfort and sub bass when compared to the 770/80s. Has anyone directly compared the two? Thanks in advance.
post #3789 of 11259
Hi bass heads, I'M interested in the Sony xb series because the first time I heard the xb400 I was really satisfied by the amount of bass coming out of it.

I'm not an audiophile probably but I've demoed the xb400,600 and 800/900. I find the treble in the 600 very sharp and I was disappointed as before that I've set my eye on the old model xb-500.

My question is, should I go ahead with buying the old xb-500 or the new xb-400 (yes, you read that right, I personally prefer 400 to 600 because of the unusually sharp treble in 600).

I've not got the chance to test out the 500 btw and I got mostly EDM with source from iPhone, unamped.
post #3790 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docks View Post

I have the 770/80s and am very interested in the m100s. However I worry that the m100s would have less soundstaging, comfort and sub bass when compared to the 770/80s. Has anyone directly compared the two? Thanks in advance.
I am very interested as well.
post #3791 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docks View Post

I have the 770/80s and am very interested in the m100s. However I worry that the m100s would have less soundstaging, comfort and sub bass when compared to the 770/80s. Has anyone directly compared the two? Thanks in advance.

Well I should be receiving them within the next couple of weeks...I will post my opinions when they come!

I'm expecting them to have much better mids and more mid bass, sub bass would probably lean towards the DT770 as you say!

I don't really do THAT much home listening so the portability of the M100 is a big plus for me!
post #3792 of 11259

Fellow bassheads, I have a test for you. If you have an LED clock like this (it has to be one with color), I want you to find your bassiest song and blast it out before it distorts. When you look at the clock, the numbers should start jiggling. If they don't, then that means that either you don't have the right type of clock. your song isn't that bassy, or you aren't a basshead biggrin.gif

 

Edit: I've been playing around with it, and Bingo Players - L'Amour seems to do it pretty well. 


Edited by Trae - 12/19/12 at 9:54am
post #3793 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post

Sup buddies. You guys miss me? popcorn.gif
Welcome back! Missed you! Thought I would say it since no one else would :P
post #3794 of 11259

so, can anyone tell me if the M 100's are bassier than the LP's?

post #3795 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbehBASS View Post

so, can anyone tell me if the M 100's are bassier than the LP's?

They are not more bass heavy, although the bass quality is better.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked