New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 242  

post #3616 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post

Wait, why not iems? You can get something super bass heavy in that price range, that might sound a lot better...

 

CKS77

JVC FX3x

Atrio MG7

XB90

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

 

iems no thanks! xD I'm not a "SITCK THIS IN YOUR EAR CANAL" kinda guy... plus Full Size Can Bass and IEM bass are well different... iems can NOT impact like Full Size can end of story.

 

But then again for sub $100... there are some DANG nice iems out there! ANd if you enjoy iems and enjoy the feel of the impact of an iem [because it freak me out, again I like Full Size slam vs inner ear slam] iems might be best :D

 

Still.. no me gusta iem <.<. but thank you for recommending them to him :D

post #3617 of 11259

i would say go iem route if you want portable audio, i double reccomend what Prakhar recommneded espcially the atrios. If not then the creative arual live +1

post #3618 of 11259
I am looking for something to keep my ears warm and a nice bassy can, more bass than the M50's, they just don't deliver the bass I want! >smily_headphones1.gif

I think it is between the AKG K518 LE and the CAL!, so which one of these shall it be?
post #3619 of 11259
Do you like subbass with little midbass or both mid and subbass?
post #3620 of 11259
I am thinking sub-bass. I am a big fan of darker dubstep, what some consider real dubstep, like Kaiju - Close Break.

Both never hurt though smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by invalid404 - 12/10/12 at 8:55pm
post #3621 of 11259
Definitely the xb90 or atrios then. The xb90s are said to have excellent mids and a spacious sound stage with slightly subdued highs. The MG7 is reported to have a very narrow sound stage.
Both are said to be very subbass heavy without a lot of mid bass.
Personally I would rather get the XB90
post #3622 of 11259
I am looking for on/over ear. Need something to keep my ears warm.

Like my previous post said I am pretty much settled on either the CAL! Or the K518 whichever one has a better sub-bass response smily_headphones1.gif
post #3623 of 11259

I tried DJ100's and they sound pretty damn neutral to be honest (At least to me)

 

But I'm accustomed to listening to LP's listening to only bass heavy music so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

post #3624 of 11259
What do you guys think about the bass levels of the V-Moda m-100?
post #3625 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by invalid404 View Post

I am looking for on/over ear. Need something to keep my ears warm.
Like my previous post said I am pretty much settled on either the CAL! Or the K518 whichever one has a better sub-bass response smily_headphones1.gif

My LPs are my favorite things EVER in the winter!!! Where I live it gets to be around 0 celsius for at least a month and they do wonders for keeping my ears warm! On the flip side, I have to take semi-frequent breaks (every 30min - 45min) when I'm outside in the summer because it is too warm. =3 Those memory foam pads and small ear space holes (there has to be a ofifcal term for this space xD) will not disapoint in the winter!

post #3626 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostAPhile View Post

Is the treble decimated, or muffled, or what?


I prefer the term "mellowed". As in, no ear piercing screeches coming out of cymbols or bells, or other metallic instruments. That's not to say I can't appreciate a flat sound but for some music treble become more fatiguing than it does enjoyable xD

post #3627 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by charvat8 View Post

My LPs are my favorite things EVER in the winter!!! Where I live it gets to be around 0 celsius for at least a month and they do wonders for keeping my ears warm! On the flip side, I have to take semi-frequent breaks (every 30min - 45min) when I'm outside in the summer because it is too warm. =3 Those memory foam pads and small ear space holes (there has to be a ofifcal term for this space xD) will not disapoint in the winter!

I am leaning towards the CAL! since they might be able to keep me warmer, but they don't fold which is a negative. But I need some heavy duty warmth, I walk home (15-25 minutes) in a windy Canadian city. 0 degrees is sweater weather :P

 

Do on-ear headphones provide good protection vs. wind, will they keep my warm like a hat/toque? 

post #3628 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by invalid404 View Post

I am leaning towards the CAL! since they might be able to keep me warmer, but they don't fold which is a negative. But I need some heavy duty warmth, I walk home (15-25 minutes) in a windy Canadian city. 0 degrees is sweater weather :P

 

Do on-ear headphones provide good protection vs. wind, will they keep my warm like a hat/toque? 

xb line kept my ears nice and warm

post #3629 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

nah bro get teh Dt 990 250 ohm it has MUCH more bass than the DT 880, I have and love the 880 but its no bass head can

I'm still leaning towards the HiFiMAN HE-400 at the moment. From what I've taken away from reading the forums, is that the DT 990s have similar characteristics to the DT 880s with more bass. But the HE-400s characteristics are completely different. Though I have read some people mentioning the DT 990s have more bass than the HE-400s.

I have it narrowed down to these two headphones currently (as always this could change in seconds tongue.gif), now I just need to decide if I want to sacrifice some bass for a completely different headphone.
post #3630 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post


I'm still leaning towards the HiFiMAN HE-400 at the moment. From what I've taken away from reading the forums, is that the DT 990s have similar characteristics to the DT 880s with more bass. But the HE-400s characteristics are completely different. Though I have read some people mentioning the DT 990s have more bass than the HE-400s.
I have it narrowed down to these two headphones currently (as always this could change in seconds tongue.gif), now I just need to decide if I want to sacrifice some bass for a completely different headphone.

If thats true that the he400 have less bass than the dt990's than I don't want to buy the he400... I found the dt990's to be very bass light... IMHO.


Edited by Hawaiiancerveza - 12/14/12 at 2:00am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked